Lifestyle GUN NUTS, first time shooting and why do you do it still?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
Rural Texas pup here.

Started with a sling shot at 5 and went up BB gun 22 rifle Shotgun to a 30-06 by 13.

Dont shoot much now.

Just a .22 hand gun plinking.

Might get into it again while i still have a chance.

Last edited:

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I grew up in Vermont. My parents gave me my first rifle for my seventh birthday. My dad taught me how to handle a firearm. I grew up deer hunting and got my first one with a lever action Marlin 30-30. I still have that gun.

I've hunted bow, rifle, and muzzleloader for many years. I got into handguns in my mid twenties.
Is it a pre-buyout Marlin? Worth some money if so. Remington ruined that fine rifle.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I hadn't been shooting in a while until earlier this year. I live in a city so there isn't much opportunity to shoot outside of going to a range. There is apparently an amazing range in Hartford CT which is only about 30 mins from me, I'd really like to check that place out. I live in Springfield Mass (home of Smith & Wesson) so I've always been partial to them. Almost got a job there last year but it didn't work out.

The reason I still practice/shoot (to answer the thread question) is like any other skill in life.. you either use it or lose it. It's important to be able to know how to defend yourself properly.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I always wanted to go shoot at Hickock45's range,
when I heard about the Youtube ban on gun videos, I was scared this dude's stuff was going to get taken down. His page is one of the best on YT by far, even if you don't care about guns, he offers so much insight and history etc. My dad really likes this dude's shit because he will showcase and talk about the guns my grandfather had in WWII. Glad to see he's still up. If they take his shit down, that's criminal.. he is an educator really.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
when I heard about the Youtube ban on gun videos, I was scared this dude's stuff was going to get taken down. His page is one of the best on YT by far, even if you don't care about guns, he offers so much insight and history etc. My dad really likes this dude's shit because he will showcase and talk about the guns my grandfather had in WWII. Glad to see he's still up. If they take his shit down, that's criminal.. he is an educator really.
same here. I watch his videos a lot especially if I'm going to buy a new gun, always check out his video first. Bit preachy at times but overall, the best.

this guy is really good too but more for technique. Jerry Miculek, hit a baloon 1000yards away with a 9mm revolver

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
They tried once before and all hell broke loose. Channel was back up in a few days lol

Hickok and Demolition Ranch are the only two I watch often

psychicdeath

Jan 21, 2015
Forgotten Weapons is really good too. Forgotten Weapons

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Engineers company, Dutch army. I was driver thus we needed to have something that we could tuck away next to us. We're talking 90's here. We still had Landrovers as well.
Thats pretty cool. Driving with Uzi in a Landlover

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I wanted to get into hunting, but needed a shotgun for waterfowl. A friend of mine took me out to shoot some clays and it was all downhill from there. I've been at the range pretty much every weekend for the last year and a half. Next weekend I'm actually going to start working there on a casual basis.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
.308 Winchester, absolutely. Moose is great eating. Haven't hunted in over 10 years.
.308 surprises the fuck out of me. I thought the 6.5x55 was the caliber to rule them all in that neck of the woods.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
It's the most common for big game in Sweden, plenty of ammo available.
It makes sense. .308 is definitely widespread. I just always figured surplus rifles in 6.5 Swede would have been the most common the way .303 British rifles were here for the longest time.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I had seen and touched a lot of guns growing up around gangsters but the first gun I ever shot was a SIG sauer in 9mm when I was 18 at a gun range.

I have shot also sorts of rifles and handguns since then in nevada. i'm shooting a .50 bmg in the near future. shooting guns feels good my favorite gun is the scar L.