Gus Took Jon Jones' SOUL!!!!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Just thinking about how ALL of Jones' trouble began after the Gus fight. Since the Gus fight:
  • Hasn't finished anyone (for 4 years)
  • Only 3 fights in 4 years
  • A deluge of personal and legal problems
I think Gus has JJ's soul in a jar back in Sweden.....

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
The same could be said about Gus..
He's lost twice more since he fought Jones.. you know somebody is the G.O.A.T when ppl hold close decision WIN against you when You've NEVER been defeated.

Haulport

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
lol I always love the myth of Jones vs Gus.

Jon Jones beat that ass. move on.
He did beat him. Feel free to look up my posts on the subject. I felt that Jon beat him so soundly that I didn't/don't understand the controversy. Jones had it 3-2, possibly 4-1 imo and had Gus KO'd at one point.................

BUT
  • Gus stopped the take downs
  • Gus beat his face up, gave him a concussion and sent him to the hospital while not really getting hurt
  • Jones couldn't finish him even when he hurt him
He made Jon feel extremely HUMAN and I think that shook him to his core and forever damaged his confidence and caused his slide...

Haulport

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
The same could be said about Gus..
He's lost twice more since he fought Jones.. you know somebody is the G.O.A.T when ppl hold close decision WIN against you when You've NEVER been defeated.
GOAT?!?!?!?!?

Now that deserves a beer emoji!!!!

Jon is a doper/cheater who has wasted all the talent in the world. The other contenders for GOAT are the complete opposite and never mentally fell apart.

And while Gus looked afraid and terrible against AJ, he KO'd Glover and Jimi since his loss to Jon and only took a split decision loss if I remember correctly against DC.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Who landed the most eye pokes in that one again? I think it was Jones landing the damaging poke but I kinda forget now. It was a few years ago now and I'm not a young man, memory is waning.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
In either case you only get one free one it looks like under the new rule so whoever lands first better make it count next time.

M

member 3289

He made Jon feel extremely HUMAN and I think that shook him to his core and forever damaged his confidence and caused his slide...
This theory might make sense if he had fought nothing but 6'5" boxers after his fight with Gustafsson, but that wasn't the case.

He's fought three times since that fight, against Glover Teixeira, Daniel Cormier, and Ovince St. Preux.

Glover has been finished twice since then, yes, but Jones isn't a one-punch KO guy like Rumble, nor is he an elusive boxer like Gus. His style won't finish guys with Glover's style 9/10 times.

Cormier had never been beaten before his fight with Jones, much less finished. Let's face it, Cormier is the 2nd best light-heavyweight fighter of all time, and would be in the GOAT discussion if not for Jones. Cormier is tough as nails and probably won't be finished by anybody, including Jon Jones, unless he stays in the game too long.

A lot of people bitch about the OSP fight and the same logical argument I present every time is that Jon took the fight on 2 weeks' notice. Jon is a very calculated fighter who comes into fights with a well-thought out, well-practiced game plan. It is impossible to do that in two weeks' time. With a full camp, Jones destroys OSP within two rounds.

When he beats DC next week, it will likely be by decision. Don't let this embolden your theory, just go back and read the above part on Cormier.

tl;dr
- Your theory sucks and all the exclamation points/caps lock in the world can't save your illogical premise.

Haulport

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
This theory might make sense if he had fought nothing but 6'5" boxers after his fight with Gustafsson, but that wasn't the case.

He's fought three times since that fight, against Glover Teixeira, Daniel Cormier, and Ovince St. Preux.

Glover has been finished twice since then, yes, but Jones isn't a one-punch KO guy like Rumble, nor is he an elusive boxer like Gus. His style won't finish guys with Glover's style 9/10 times.

Cormier had never been beaten before his fight with Jones, much less finished. Let's face it, Cormier is the 2nd best light-heavyweight fighter of all time, and would be in the GOAT discussion if not for Jones. Cormier is tough as nails and probably won't be finished by anybody, including Jon Jones, unless he stays in the game too long.

A lot of people bitch about the OSP fight and the same logical argument I present every time is that Jon took the fight on 2 weeks' notice. Jon is a very calculated fighter who comes into fights with a well-thought out, well-practiced game plan. It is impossible to do that in two weeks' time. With a full camp, Jones destroys OSP within two rounds.

When he beats DC next week, it will likely be by decision. Don't let this embolden your theory, just go back and read the above part on Cormier.

tl;dr
- Your theory sucks and all the exclamation points/caps lock in the world can't save your illogical premise.
Jon went from fighting twice a year and finishing everyone to finishing no one, barely ever fighting, constantly getting in trouble and popping for PEDs (twice was it? Don't remember)

Regardless of causative arguments, the correlation is STRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

member 3289

Jon went from fighting twice a year and finishing everyone to finishing no one, barely ever fighting, constantly getting in trouble and popping for PEDs (twice was it? Don't remember)

Regardless of causative arguments, the correlation is STRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Solid comeback.

And the mere 7 minutes you took to digest what I wrote really shows that you care about trying to save this disaster of a theory of yours.

Also, he tested positive for cocaine once and tested positive for hydroxy-clomiphene and Letrozole metabolite the second time.

He never once tested positive for PEDs.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
He did beat him. Feel free to look up my posts on the subject. I felt that Jon beat him so soundly that I didn't/don't understand the controversy. Jones had it 3-2, possibly 4-1 imo and had Gus KO'd at one point.................

BUT
  • Gus stopped the take downs
  • Gus beat his face up, gave him a concussion and sent him to the hospital while not really getting hurt
  • Jones couldn't finish him even when he hurt him
This post is a tale of two .... somethings.

First part comes on strong.

Last part .... Johny Hendricks in a food coma at a buffet table.

hell, the first part is probably like Johnny Hendricks at the moment the buffet opens... but then... ZZZZZZ.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I thought Gus won the fight. It's a great fight to rewatch. I think Jon is the goat tho. I rationalize that by the feeling that he would beat the others up for the discussion, the Jones that wrecked Shogun beats anyone imo

Keung

Banned
Jun 28, 2017
Jon jones personal life is what derailed his career but as far as being the GOAT i just cant bring myself to consider him as number one considering his suspension by USADA. I am a fan though and will be rooting for a comeback in both his professional and personal life. Cheers

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I think Gus won the first one 3-2 but I think Jones beats him a lot more convincingly if they fight again, and Jones can keep his shit together between now and then.

Haulport

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Solid comeback.

And the mere 7 minutes you took to digest what I wrote really shows that you care about trying to save this disaster of a theory of yours.

Also, he tested positive for cocaine once and tested positive for hydroxy-clomiphene and Letrozole metabolite the second time.

Lol at a MAN taking an anti-estrogen drug and that DOESN'T indicate synthetic testosterone use.......

You should be a political strategist!

Haulport

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
If Gus has Jones' soul, then who did Gus pay-off to retrieve his from Rumble?
It was returned when AJ retired since he didn't need it anymore to power his devastating punches, since, as we all know, the capturing of souls in a jar adds to your punching power in MMA.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
he truly did

I got Gus DC and Shogun at the LHW best of the post pride era

pretty clear cut

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Solid comeback.

just read that back and pretend you aren't biased

dick pills was just something you decided to suck on