Society Guy just tried to fight me at the coffee shop

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
it's a double-edged sword.

If it wasn't so convenient, they wouldn't send me so often. I also support teams in WA and CA (Frisco and LA). Now they're talking about wanting me to support teams in France, Malaysia, England, India...

But I've got 3 little kids, and I ain't about that travel life right now.
But I'll finish my grad degree this term (hopefully) and then I'll take a couple months of sabbatical and figure it out.
I was a road warrior until my kids were 8 and 3. Then I decided I wasn’t going to do it anymore. Fuck not being there. Have spent the last twelve years working remote with limited travel. Now that they’re 15 and 20, I’m traveling more (8-10 days a month) and actually enjoying it now.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
I was a road warrior until my kids were 8 and 3. Then I decided I wasn’t going to do it anymore. Fuck not being there. Have spent the last twelve years working remote with limited travel. Now that they’re 15 and 20, I’m traveling more (8-10 days a month) and actually enjoying it now.
Good on you brother.

My dad was a long distance trucker who I only saw 2 days a month and my mom was constantly in school trying to make more money for the family. I grew up without having a real relationship with either of them. I don’t hold it against them at all because they were trying to do what they thought was the best for the family but I vowed to never to that to my kids.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
TL: DR version.

1) OP gets bent because guy won't let him in.
2) OP cuts guy off.
3) Guy yells at OP for being a dick.
4) OP yells back at him for some inexplicable reason.
5) Guy isn't very smart and his vehicle hits another.
6) OP flees scene of an accident.
nah. I didn't cut him or anybody else off. He just made it hard for me to get out, and he did it just so he could be a dick.

but everything else is Hunny.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
Good on you brother.

My dad was a long distance trucker who I only saw 2 days a month and my mom was constantly in school trying to make more money for the family. I grew up without having a real relationship with either of them. I don’t hold it against them at all because they were trying to do what they thought was the best for the family but I vowed to never to that to my kids.
Good on you for stopping the cycle. My parents weren't perfect and I try and do for my son where I see they faulted. Hopefully my son doesn't emulate my faults onto his future children.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
nah. I didn't cut him or anybody else off. He just made it hard for me to get out, and he did it just so he could be a dick.

but everything else is Hunny.
So he was trying not to let you in and you wedged into that space anyways? That's definitely cutting someone off. If you want to call it something else, cool but you 100% created the situation you found yourself in. You're lucky it ended the way it did.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Good on you for stopping the cycle. My parents weren't perfect and I try and do for my son where I see they faulted. Hopefully my son doesn't emulate my faults onto his future children.
In my experience it’s 50/50 I took after my mother’s side of the family, my sister took after my father.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
So he was trying not to let you in and you wedged into that space anyways? That's definitely cutting someone off. If you want to call it something else, cool but you 100% created the situation you found yourself in. You're lucky it ended the way it did.
Read the OP again it was pretty clear to me. Sounds like it was a tight lot between parking and the drive thru. OP had a space after the cop pulled up and BIGWHITESEXY pulled up so OP couldn't make an easy job of leaving. BIGWHITESEXY then mocked him for good measure. Not sure how you are seeing this.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Read the OP again it was pretty clear to me. Sounds like it was a tight lot between parking and the drive thru. OP had a space after the cop pulled up and BIGWHITESEXY pulled up so OP couldn't make an easy job of leaving. BIGWHITESEXY then mocked him for good measure. Not sure how you are seeing this.
He’s a contrarian, always polite in my experience and a good poster. A bit verbose.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
No there was room. I backed out without impeding him.

He got up in the trunk of the car in front of him so that I didn't have that room to get out. But he was blocked by the car that was giving their order.

So he made it hard, but I didn't inconvenience or impede anyone else when I backed out. You yield when you back out, and that's the definition of yielding.

I was gonna let it go, but you're pretty close to owing me an apology.

But I definitely should have shut my mouth instead of calling him out, but I have yet to gain full control of my impulse to check bullies.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
But I definitely should have shut my mouth instead of calling him out, but I have yet to gain full control of my impulse to check bullies.
You intentionally rustled the manlets jimmies. I'm not sure it's him that's the bully.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
You intentionally rustled the manlets jimmies. I'm not sure it's him that's the bully.
By backing up? If I'm operating within social and legal norms, I'm not responsible for the rustling of manlet jimmies.

Last edited:

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Did you not think it was his intention to avoid letting you in?
His intentions are irrelevant.
I don't have to yield to another's will or intentions.

I didn't do anything to impact his day in a negative way until he had physically and verbally attempted to negatively impact my day.

Now you owe me an apology.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I travelled frenetically in the USAF, 19 countries in the first 11 months, never more than 3 days notice.

Traveled all over with my wife in the 9 years before kids, and we live to go on little adventures together. But all that's on pause until the youngest is 9 or 10.

And if I'm putting the pause on travel for pleasure, I'm putting the Hell Nah on travel for work.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
His intentions are irrelevant.
I don't have to yield to another's will or intentions.

I didn't do anything to impact his day in a negative way until he had physically and verbally attempted to negatively impact my day.

Now you owe me an apology.
Apology for what? You instigating a scenario and then acting surprised when it escalates?

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
At what point was this scenario instigated?
Based on what you've posted Manlet had ko intention of letting anyone in. At this point you took it upon yourself to not yield to another man's will or intentions. Is that incorrect?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Based on what you've posted Manlet had ko intention of letting anyone in. At this point you took it upon yourself to not yield to another man's will or intentions. Is that incorrect?
incorrect.

I did not require him to move in order to leave the parking spot without impeding him or anyone else. The car in front of him (Forrester, because PDX) made it hard for me to get out, too. But that was only because of inattentiveness of the part of that driver and the girl taking coffee orders. If the manlet had simply stopped with a normal buffer between him and the Forrester, it would have been much easier to accomplish getting out without impeding anyone.

I did not require him to 'let me in'.
I grew up on a farm. I'm in a rental car.
I can back the fuck out of anything without anyone's help in that situation.

When his attempt to passively/physically rustle my jimmy failed, he tried to aggressively/verbally rustle my jimmy. Which was successful enough that I suggested an afternoon snack based on his presumed sexual preference.

That was a solid Bad on my part. Mea Maxima Culpa there.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
So you believe Manlet intended to let you in?
i have no way of knowing what he intended, other than to judge those actions based on the verbal escalation that followed.

Intentional or not, he left enough room for me to leave the spot without inconveniencing anyone.

Let's play this game.

Next time you get in your car, know that it is my desire for you to not leave your parking spot.
I intend it with every fiber of my being. Everything that I do from this moment forward will be with the intent of keeping you from leaving that parking spot.

let me know if it keeps you in that parking spot. Let me know if you feel bad about leaving that spot.

that's pretty much where I was at.

oh, BTW

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Next time you get in your car, know that it is my desire for you to not leave your parking spot.
I intend it with every fiber of my being. Everything that I do from this moment forward will be with the intent of keeping you from leaving that parking spot.

let me know if it keeps you in that parking spot. Let me know if you feel bad about leaving that spot.
Of course it won't. I'll just wait until you pass by and then I'll be on my merry way. If I know someone is going out of their way to be a dick I'm not going to intentionally engage them in their dance of stupidity.

What exactly are you expecting an apology for? You've already said that the escalation was your fault for engaging with Manlet. You should be calling the person who got rear ended and apologizing for fleeing the scene of an accident.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Of course it won't. I'll just wait until you pass by and then I'll be on my merry way. If I know someone is going out of their way to be a dick I'm not going to intentionally engage them in their dance of stupidity.

What exactly are you expecting an apology for? You've already said that the escalation was your fault for engaging with Manlet.
I was on my way to a meeting, and from there to catch a plane. How much of my productivity should I sacrifice in the name of not possibly offending someone? I didn't engage manlet. I backed my car out and was on my way. When I retorted, I erred. But you said that I "100% created the situation".

Ask yourself this: what did Filthy do to create the situation that preceded the "DERPA DERP" comment? the answer is 'Nothing.' I got my coffee, got in my car, backed out of my spot (without impeding or inconveniencing anyone), and was rolling out.

I did nothing to create the situation. You continue to harp on that point, although you're demonstrably wrong.
You should apologize for that accusation.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Ask yourself this: what did Filthy do to create the situation that preceded the "DERPA DERP" comment?
He just made it hard for me to get out, and he did it just so he could be a dick.
He was looking for a huckleberry and you obliged him. As the old saying goes, it takes two to tango.

When I retorted, I erred. But you said that I "100% created the situation".
You don't retort and this thread never gets made. Assuming your account is correct, this individual is unquestionably an asshole but you're not the hapless victim in the wrong place at the wrong time you're pretending to be.