Personal Guy ran a red light... had to ditch my bike

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Driving along and happen to look left at a green light to see a car barreling through. Had a split second and decided to slide the bike and just take my bruises and scrapes. Luckily only minor road rash on my stomach that doesn’t even really bother me. Knee and ankle is a little sore but at least I’m alive with all my limbs and digits and can walk.

The bobber isn’t too beat up, so I should have it back on the road by spring.

Wear your gear!

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Wow dude
you are lucky

Glad your OK

Probably feel worse before you feel better, but so happy you not badly injured

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Driving along and happen to look left at a green light to see a car barreling through. Had a split second and decided to slide the bike and just take my bruises and scrapes. Luckily only minor road rash on my stomach that doesn’t even really bother me. Knee and ankle is a little sore but at least I’m alive with all my limbs and digits and can walk.

The bobber isn’t too beat up, so I should have it back on the road by spring.

Wear your gear!

Close call for the b00ts @b00ts ...glad you’re ok ...only thing I’ve been worried about when riding is dip shit drivers and deer.

Imagine if you didn’t happen to look over ...must have been your sixth sense kicking in

Last edited:

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Hey man I'm glad you're in one piece. Quick thinking on your part.
You probably already know to get a new helmet but just saying it anyway for anyone reading that doesn't.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
You probably already know to get a new helmet but just saying it anyway for anyone reading that doesn't.
Yep. This one was brand new too :(

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Yep. This one was brand new too :(
I know docs don't diagnose when not in person
but you got a guy/Doc to ask advice from if you feel sore or damaged a few days down the line

whenever my body gets traumatized it doesn't fully show up till like 2-3 days later...that is when I can tell what got messed up

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Dang, you took a dive.

But what do we do when we fall off the horse?

;)

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015
How did ditching the bike help? I'm trying to picture in my head what happened. Wouldn't you slide right in front of him? Where did you slide? Anyway glad you are ok. I was in two serious bike crashes. Not fun

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
How did ditching the bike help? I'm trying to picture in my head what happened. Wouldn't you slide right in front of him? Where did you slide? Anyway glad you are ok. I was in two serious bike crashes. Not fun
when you put it down you can push off the bike, slows you down and can go off to the side.

but it's a last resort, generally not a good idea.

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015
when you put it down you can push off the bike, slows you down and can go off to the side.

but it's a last resort, generally not a good idea.
Thanks. But I don't think I would have that in my head as an option . I had similar situation as op and ended up hitting their rear quarter panel. . Once u off the bike you can't control speed or direction anymore

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Thanks. But I don't think I would have that in my head as an option . I had similar situation as op and ended up hitting their rear quarter panel. . Once u off the bike you can't control speed or direction anymore
that's why laying it down isn't usually a good option.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
damn that is messed up. I got rid of my 600 after all my friends got hurt in their donor cycles.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Oh fuckbeans. Thank fuck you’re okay.
Only reason I won’t buy another bike is due to other road users’ stupidity.

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
I ditched my bike once (many many years ago) when someone reversed out of their driveway in front of me and completely blocked the road. She saw me, panicked and just stopped where she was, instead of keeping on going back which could have given me a gap.

It was my learner bike, an old 1970s MZ TS 125. For those that aren't aware of MZ, they were a bike manufacturer in East Germany. The front brake was atrocious, it was a drum brake and it had been designed with the lever that operated the brake shoes inside the drum. That meant that the lever was really short, and that fact combined with some wear and tear meant that even if you had a death grip on the brake you couldn't lock up the front wheel.

I realised I was going to hit the car and panicked, ditching the bike. Funny thing was, the action of the foot peg and handlebar grinding into the asphalt (and my leathers scraping it) actually provided more stopping force than the brakes, so both the bike and I stopped just short of the car!

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
What a wanker

Are you going to go after him?

Idiot shouldn't have a licence.
Didn’t get his plates and the gas station camera near the intersection wasn’t working.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I wasn’t going fast enough to do major damage to myself. Last wreck I had was around the same speed, I hit the front quarter panel and flew and was fucked up from the impact of the car and ground. I guess as soon as I knew what was happening, chancing the slide to slow down worked. Bike slid to a stop before hitting the car. They never even tapped the brakes.

Last edited:

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
Bad luck man glad you’re fine.

Funny, I just had a drunk fucker run a red light on me this afternoon, wrecked my car pretty good. Let’s just thank no one got hurt in both cases.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Bad luck man glad you’re fine.

Funny, I just had a drunk fucker ran a red light on me this afternoon, wrecked my car pretty good. Let’s just thank no one got hurt in both cases.
Glad your Ok bro

That is messed up