Has anyone been competing/getting ready to compete soon?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Best of everything Brotha. I have a lot of friends competing out there this weekend, next year I'm looking to do all the big LV and LBC events. Breathe, relax, be cautiously aggressive, and be first.... Can't wait to see that podium picture of you rocking that gold medal, throwing up TMMAC gang signs, and calling Splinty @Splinty and Wild @Wild pussies
Do these things have a "season"? I'm going to Vegas in April and would love to go to one.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
So if a guy gets cut (eye, under the brow) and has a fight 8 days later, will they let him compete? If it's closed but still noticeable/ not completely healed?

Leigh @Leigh
SC MMA MD @SC MMA MD

Anyone?

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
So if a guy gets cut (eye, under the brow) and has a fight 8 days later, will they let him compete? If it's closed but still noticeable/ not completely healed?

Leigh @Leigh
SC MMA MD @SC MMA MD

Anyone?
In jiujitsu? There's no medical, no one gives a toss.

In MMA (or any sport with medicals), it should get picked up and you might not be allowed to fight.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
I don't know the story. There's a decent chance he fails the medical though
No refunds. Travel arrangements and hotels paid for already.

Cut from a kick during sparring. No antiseptic, nothing. Put a butterfly on it and sent him home leaking.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
At the very least, I am buying wound cleaner, wrapping it in a bow and taking it to the gym .

It could have been from a dirty toenail, ffs.

:mad::D

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
No refunds. Travel arrangements and hotels paid for already.

Cut from a kick during sparring. No antiseptic, nothing. Put a butterfly on it and sent him home leaking.
If it’s under the eye and not bad (a cut I would not stop a fight for), I would let him compete. I would recommend putting some dermabond/superglue over the cut the night before. The UFC has allowed fighters to compete in that fashion.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
If it’s under the eye and not bad (a cut I would not stop a fight for), I would let him compete. I would recommend putting some dermabond/superglue over the cut the night before. The UFC has allowed fighters to compete in that fashion.
Thanks!

It's under the brow, on top of bone area of the eye socket. It will be 8 days out and we used 'liquid skin', over the counter glue. I'm sure it will be closed but still a noticeably fresh heal.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015

Leigh @Leigh
SC MMA MD @SC MMA MD

Anyone?
It starts with parenting. I see it all the time, a kid gets cut in a match, and I look into the stands and sure enough, the mom is a complete pussy.

Last edited:

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
It starts with parenting. I see it all the time, a kid gets cut in a match, and I look into the stands and sure enough, the mom is a complete pussy.
your kids appreciate you taking that role for your wife.