Has anyone been competing/getting ready to compete soon?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
Been rolling for about 5 months now, having to take about a month off due to injury. I would love to compete eventually in the future but am unsure when I should start thinking about it. Is it worth it to compete at white or should I wait till I make it to blue?

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Been rolling for about 5 months now, having to take about a month off due to injury. I would love to compete eventually in the future but am unsure when I should start thinking about it. Is it worth it to compete at white or should I wait till I make it to blue?
100% worth competing at white. Do as many as you can TBH. If you like the experience of the tourney you’ll learn how to “find another gear” or whatever you want to call it. You also are forced to get better due to the element of surprise. After 5 months you probably have a decent idea which techniques each of your main training partners are going to try. Tourney kills that and you get better from it. Jump in and tell us how it goes!

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
100% worth competing at white. Do as many as you can TBH. If you like the experience of the tourney you’ll learn how to “find another gear” or whatever you want to call it. You also are forced to get better due to the element of surprise. After 5 months you probably have a decent idea which techniques each of your main training partners are going to try. Tourney kills that and you get better from it. Jump in and tell us how it goes!
Thanks for the advice man. Much appreciated.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
Also I just got my first rash guard set. Fuck I hate how snug my shirt is. Also what’s the etiquette on bottoms. Do I wear underwear with them, shorts overtop, or do I just rock my dong imprint all around the gym?

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Also I just got my first rash guard set. Fuck I hate how snug my shirt is. Also what’s the etiquette on bottoms. Do I wear underwear with them, shorts overtop, or do I just rock my dong imprint all around the gym?
I hardly no-gi but I wear shorts over my tights but you do you.
Good on you for getting a rash guard. I’ve rolled with guys in a t-shirt and had the displeasure of inhaling a sweaty shirt.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
I hardly no-gi but I wear shorts over my tights but you do you.
Good on you for getting a rash guard. I’ve rolled with guys in a t-shirt and had the displeasure of inhaling a sweaty shirt.
I’ve been gym shorts and shirting it for months. I do have a gi on probably 80 percent of the time

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
Exactly this!

lamarclark09

Oct 20, 2022
Wow, that's so great to have 4 golds and 1 silver you have amazing kids. Can you please tell me where you compete and what the competition criteria are?

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016

First tourney today. Had to jump up two weight classes. Big boy was legit 100lbs heavier than me. I beat number 3 on points 23-0 and then lost 6-2 in the final after controlling the first 3:45 of the 5 minute rounds and blowing my meniscus out getting tripped. All in all fell pretty good and can't wait to heal up and get back out there.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

First tourney today. Had to jump up two weight classes. Big boy was legit 100lbs heavier than me. I beat number 3 on points 23-0 and then lost 6-2 in the final after controlling the first 3:45 of the 5 minute rounds and blowing my meniscus out getting tripped. All in all fell pretty good and can't wait to heal up and get back out there.
Congrats
You hurt your knee tho?

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
Congrats
You hurt your knee tho?
Yea he hit an outside trip in a scramble with 1:20 left and my leg stayed planted as his rather large body fell on top of it. Felt it pop pretty hard on the way down. Had the sports medicine guy there and my physical therapist who I'm friends with look at it on my way home. Both said most likely torn meniscus, but possible ACL but didn't think that was likely.

SajBJJ

Nov 17, 2023

Congrats! That dude looked huge damn