General Has anyone been to see Hamilton?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
It's in San Francisco at the moment but it's so long I don't know if I'll be able to manage it, but I'm considering it.

My friend loved it but she has a longer attention span than I do. I fell asleep on her shoulder watching a comedian a couple of years back and he wasn't even on for that long.

It's supposed to be brilliant.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
No but did see Lin Manuel Miranda on
Curb your enthusiasm ...great actor I tell ya..simply great

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I'll check out the movie providing they get rid of all that rapping.

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I’m a heterosexual white male, so no, I have not seen it. I’ve heard it was nice though.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
No and I won’t. I was really intrigued when it came out, but once the cast decided to be partisan political activists instead of actors for the benefit of all paying customers (regardless of political affiliation) I lost all interest.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
No and I won’t. I was really intrigued when it came out, but once the cast decided to be partisan political activists instead of actors for the benefit of all paying customers (regardless of political affiliation) I lost all interest.
Same. That shit pisses me off.
Plus when it came to town the tickets were $200. Fuck that noise.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Haven't seen it. Heard that it was great.

Hated Lin Manuel's character on House because he was always rapping so I'm not sure that I can let that go.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Haven't seen it. Heard that it was great.

Hated Lin Manuel's character on House because he was always rapping so I'm not sure that I can let that go.
I didn't even know who he was till everyone started going apeshit about Hamilton. Didn't know he was in House.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I've seen it. I thought it was all hype, but it's genuinely one of the best musicals I've ever seen. Great staging, acting, script and music. I used to be obsessed with Hamilton and Burr when I was young so I was on the lookout for any historical inaccuracies and there were very few, just a couple quibbles here and there. I highly recommend seeing it if you can.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I've seen it. I thought it was all hype, but it's genuinely one of the best musicals I've ever seen. Great staging, acting, script and music. I used to be obsessed with Hamilton and Burr when I was young so I was on the lookout for any historical inaccuracies and there were very few, just a couple quibbles here and there. I highly recommend seeing it if you can.
I'm a massive music fan but I don't tend to like musicals too much, but yeah I guess it's the hype that's attracted me to it.

I wish my friend hadn't gone with her husband becauseI don't really know anyone else who would be interested in going with me aside from spending the money just as a "let's see what it's like".

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I'm a massive music fan but I don't tend to like musicals too much, but yeah I guess it's the hype that's attracted me to it.

I wish my friend hadn't gone with her husband becauseI don't really know anyone else who would be interested in going with me aside from spending the money just as a "let's see what it's like".
If you're not a big musicals fan this is a good one to see because of how they integrate hip hop and other musical forms into the story. It's not something you have to do before you die, but it's definitely a good story and well put together.