General Has anyone ever been hit with the famous "one inch" punch so may Bruce Lee nuthuggers claim

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
is so lethal and deadly?

Many years ago I heard from kung fu people that the one inch punch was devastating.

So, I joined a kung fu class, but the instructor would never demonstrate this to prove a point in front of the class.

I asked to be ko'd but he wouldn't do it.

I only went for 6 months as I found the forms to be pointless and couldn't make out why I had to do them. They wouldn't let me get into sparring until I passed the first set of forms or whatever the fuck they called it.....I walked, never to return again.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I know how to do it from boxing training. Nothing magical about it, it's body mechanics. It's not as powerful as a fully chambered straight right but it's decently powerful. Could push someone backwards if their stance is poor and would hurt if you hit somewhere sensitive, like the face. Wouldn't knock anyone out.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
No magic, just hip, shoulder, elbow alignment, punching as one unit, moving simultaneously. If done right, no can defend hurt like hell. Useful for learning how to punch at close range with maximum power.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
kneeblock @Kneeblock is actually a master of both the 1-inch and 3-inch punches and would routinely knock my brother across the hallway with both, when we were in high school. True story.

He also did this for real against two wrestlers:

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
1 Inch Punch:

6 Inch Punch

2 Finger Push Ups

Lots of imitators over the years who were fake as fuck, but Bruce Lee's 1 inch punch was legit and could fuck someone up in close quarters, its the positioning .. he's torquing his hips and using his legs (abs - core) to generate the majority of the power that flows up through his shoulders and exiting out his wrists to fists....transfer of energy.

War BRUCE LEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FAST AS FUUUUUUUCK!!!

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
1 Inch Punch:

6 Inch Punch

2 Finger Push Ups

Lots of imitators over the years who were fake as fuck, but Bruce Lee's 1 inch punch was legit and could fuck someone up in close quarters, its the positioning .. he's torquing his hips and using his legs (abs - core) to generate the majority of the power that flows up through his shoulders and exiting out his wrists to fists....transfer of energy.

War BRUCE LEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FAST AS FUUUUUUUCK!!!

Exactly, it's all a scam

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Exactly, it's all a scam
It could be, I think it takes a true martial artist with good speed / power technique to actually implement it in a real life situation and have it somewhat work.

I remember in the mid 90's I wanted to learn Jeet Kune Do so I opened up the phone book and looked for any schools nearby, found 1 in downtown Denver so I drove over there with a buddy and his girlfriend ...this School ended up being a guys apartment with of course a wooden dummy and some basic gear. He obviously wasn't a legit instructor and insisted on demonstrating the 1 inch punch on ...not me...not my buddy ...but his girlfriend ....we said ok ...and he gave it a go ..it was the most pathetic thing I had ever seen ...we immediately left this fakes apartment.

My personal thoughts on the 1 inch punch is that if someone out there takes the time to perfect the punch I think it could be somewhat useful in a real life situation

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
It could be, I think it takes a true martial artist with good speed / power technique to actually implement it in a real life situation and have it somewhat work.

I remember in the mid 90's I wanted to learn Jeet Kune Do so I opened up the phone book and looked for any schools nearby, found 1 in downtown Denver so I drove over there with a buddy and his girlfriend ...this School ended up being a guys apartment with of course a wooden dummy and some basic gear. He obviously wasn't a legit instructor and insisted on demonstrating the 1 inch punch on ...not me...not my buddy ...but his girlfriend ....we said ok ...and he gave it a go ..it was the most pathetic thing I had ever seen ...we immediately left this fakes apartment.

My personal thoughts on the 1 inch punch is that if someone out there takes the time to perfect the punch I think it could be somewhat useful in a real life situation
I don't think it has any hope of ever hurting anyone.......ever

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #ASSBLOODS
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I inch punch looks like a push in those.

I'm not convinced if I'm honest but I won't go as far as saying it's horseshit