Has Vince finally lost what made WWE great?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Has Vince lost it

• Yes his muscle worship and pushes of Super(entername) kill the business

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • No he knows exactly what he is doing, at Mania we will see that

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Not really sure I just watch out of habit and don't care

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

RedDragonUK

Posting Machine
Apr 17, 2015
In my opinion he has to stop the grey area heels and the pushing of characters the fans dislike.

Psionic

The Bruiserweight of the MMAC
Mar 22, 2016
More like grey area faces as well. If he really wants Roman on top, push him as a badass heel, like his Shield days. We don't want a part-timer champion, and we're getting that either way with Raw. Lesnar vs. Goldberg didn't need the world title. Jericho vs. Owens would've been perfect for it. They deserve the main event spot. and also AJ vs Shane? Fuck that. AJ vs (Nakamura, Balor, ANGLE, anyone, DB returning from retirement, UNDERTAKER FFS) ANYBODY WOULD'VE WORKED. You're telling me the best wrestler in WWE right now has to wrestle SHANE GODDAMN MCMAHON? Fuck, I've realized this Mania isn't for the Hardcore fans. Why did we hope anything? The only decent matches will be Aries vs. Neville (c), HHH vs. Rollins and Wyatt (c) vs. Orton. Thats about it. Maybe Sasha vs. Bayley (c) vs. Charlotte.

StillReal

My name is Mark.
Mar 19, 2016
The WWE on its own is a great thing and at this point it cannot be lost.

Vince has definitely lost touch though and things need to be shaken up.

Lesnar vs. Goldberg didn't need the world title. Jericho vs. Owens would've been perfect for it. They deserve the main event spot. and also AJ vs Shane? Fuck that. AJ vs (Nakamura, Balor, ANGLE, anyone, DB returning from retirement, UNDERTAKER FFS) ANYBODY WOULD'VE WORKED. You're telling me the best wrestler in WWE right now has to wrestle SHANE GODDAMN MCMAHON?
I agree with this but I still expect Mania to be fun.

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Mania is always fun, what it is not is a booking cycle major moment pinnacle AND fun show and it used to be. Aj vs Shane is proof of what is wrong and people saying "Well Shane will do something insane and stupid so that's enough" are part of the problem, which is their right, but wasting a 39 year old AJ with a likely short list of Mania matches left at this level is the work of morons.
What Vince has lost is the connection that people won't treat your booking seriously if during the largest event of the year you don't turn that booking up to 11 for feuds that matter, you take belts away from full-timers and you don't give people moments that could use them for rub.

That is what is wrong with Mania now and people have been convinced it shouldn't be and never was a long term booking cycle peak or start event. He sort of tried with Goldberg and Lesnar but it required a wheezing geezer that no one believes anymore to try and do it.

He thinks it means ratings and since Mania, by definition exceeds the rest of the year's ratings they claim success under the most obvious red herring argument possible even if it wasn't very good in comparison to other years or overall was just goofy without any payoff.

The artform of wrestling has evolved, he never removed himself as a major heel in his own promotion (I can't stress enough along with Cornette and a few others how this affects how people see his choices) and he doesn't seem to care if the company changes. He'd rather it stay the course and bleed slowly than risk sinking on a sharp turn, but someday his time will end and I think Hunter knows what has to change because NXT is giving him all the evidence he needs.

It is possible to book big events with big names AND make the event market and advertise workrate 5 star matches as a reason to watch wrestling at the same time you just give people enough of both separately as serious and casual matches and book it with the flow and sequence that allows that, The reason people say it doesn't work here is because Vince never tried or at least when he did it was when his roster was thin and the competition for eyes was at maximum and without Stone Cold being the literal embodiment of workrate psychology and booking promo dream, the company dies and possibly all of wrestling is back to territories today.

He and Dunn wanted to make 90210 with wrestling as the vehicle, it's time has come and gone, now is the time for booking and work to synergize and the people will follow if you tell them it's important and make psychology to go with it, which is what it currently lacks. (EG, see most 205 live matches not involving Neville, Aries and a few others that get it.)

Last edited: