Hate me, I give no fucks. I love Kevin Lee

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
I like Kevin and his zero fuck given ways but honestly, Conor, Nate, or Khabib gives zero fucks about Kevin.

He has never once said or done anything original. Mind you, there is precious little that hasn't been said or done before but with this guy, well it's like his whole persona is just a knock-off of whatever or whoever is hot at the moment.

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
He has never once said or done anything original. Mind you, there is precious little that hasn't been said or done before but with this guy, well it's like his whole persona is just a knock-off of whatever or whoever is hot at the moment.

Very true but in a MMA fight he takes Conor down easily and will beat him and that is what should matter right

Very true but in a MMA fight he takes Conor down easily and will beat him and that is what should matter right
He has the tools to do that but the problem with that match up is Conor is just physically talented enough to use his vastly superior fighting intelligence- he'd always be two steps ahead.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
What I like about him is he's genuine. He's from the streets of Detroit where talking shit is just a way of life. Ever watch Kevin joking around with the guys at Mayweather's gym? It's just like this tweet. This is who the guy is. It's not a character he's playing. I grew up with guys like Kevin, and talking shit was just what we all did. I've always embraced it and find it funny as hell, when it's natural.

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
He has the tools to do that but the problem with that match up is Conor is just physically talented enough to use his vastly superior fighting intelligence- he'd always be two steps ahead.

Honestly I do not think so. Conor is a great striker, but he is no where near well rounded enough for the Kevin Lee's Khabib and Tony's. Eddie Alvarez is a better fighter than Kevin Lee, but Kevin Lee has a better MMA takedown game and I don't see Conor stopping the takedown and I see him getting his back taken and losing quicker than Chiesa did against Kevin Lee.

Don't expect Kevin Lee to stand and wang like Eddie did. Remember that Conor can't even get the better of Nate Diaz, that reveals a lot.

What I like about him is he's genuine. He's from the streets of Detroit where talking shit is just a way of life. Ever watch Kevin joking around with the guys at Mayweather's gym? It's just like this tweet. This is who the guy is. It's not a character he's playing. I grew up with guys like Kevin, and talking shit was just what we all did. I've always embraced it and find it funny as hell, when it's natural.
You misunderstand, my assessment is not that he's not genuine it's that he genuinely operates at the level of a young adolescent boy who just copies whatever his favourite characters or sports idols do. You like him and more power to you on that, sir.

Honestly I do not think so. Conor is a great striker, but he is no where near well rounded enough for the Kevin Lee's Khabib and Tony's. Eddie Alvarez is a better fighter than Kevin Lee, but Kevin Lee has a better MMA takedown game and I don't see Conor stopping the takedown and I see him getting his back taken and losing quicker than Chiesa did against Kevin Lee.

Don't expect Kevin Lee to stand and wang like Eddie did. Remember that Conor can't even get the better of Nate Diaz, that reveals a lot.
We can agree to disagree. There's nothing that you wrote which I find convincing though. Kevin is a front-runner and has gone as far as anyone can go with his talent. He will always make quick work of the Michael Chiesa's of the world but he hasn't got the fight iq to beat anyone as talented as him. I do think he'd beat Alvarez though, that's a very very winnable fight for him.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
You misunderstand, my assessment is not that he's not genuine it's that he genuinely operates at the level of a young adolescent boy who just copies whatever his favourite characters or sports idols do. You like him and more power to you on that, sir.
See, I don't see him copying anyone though. I'm sure, like many of us, he was a fan of Ali and other charismatic characters like that...but I think most of what you see with Kevin is just who he's always been from way back in the day.

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
We can agree to disagree. There's nothing that you wrote which I find convincing though. Kevin is a front-runner and has gone as far as anyone can go with his talent. He will always make quick work of the Michael Chiesa's of the world but he hasn't got the fight iq to beat anyone as talented as him. I do think he'd beat Alvarez though, that's a very very winnable fight for him.

Yeah, on this we will respectfully disagree, I find it funny you don't think much of Chiesa, I would not be surpised if Cheisa beat Conor, Chiesa is legit, not much of an athlete but he's one of the best grapplers at LW and he can easily take Conor down and sub him, frankly Conor vs Chiesa is a 50/50 to me. Conor is great in matcups that fit his style, he fought small guys at 145 and Eddie stood and banged with him.

Conor at best is 50/50 against any UFC lw top 15, he is not as well rounded as most of them.

Yeah, on this we will respectfully disagree, I find it funny you don't think much of Chiesa, I would not be surpised if Cheisa beat Conor, Chiesa is legit, not much of an athlete but he's one of the best grapplers at LW and he can easily take Conor down and sub him, frankly Conor vs Chiesa is a 50/50 to me. Conor is great in matcups that fit his style, he fought small guys at 145 and Eddie stood and banged with him.

Conor at best is 50/50 against any UFC lw top 15, he is not as well rounded as most of them.
It's funny because I can't disagree with anything you've written, Cheisa is the definition of a grinder but I just haven't seen him demonstrate the footwork or handspeed to keep up with the best guys in the division.

Nemo?

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dec 2, 2015
I don’t think we learned how far he can go yet.... his big test was Ferguson and he had a killer infection and still had Ferguson on his heels for the first couple rounds if my memory serves me right.

We can’t sleep on him yet.