General Have you lost a parent?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Blast

Fagguette
Feb 10, 2024
I lost my dad on August 21st 2021. My phone rang at 4:00am that morning and I didn’t answer it but it did wake me up. I don’t like having my phone in my room when I sleep because I quite often would crank off for hours or watch YouTube until 3 in the morning.

When the phone rang I just laid in bed until I realized the time of the call. I was born when my parents were already in their mid thirties and considering I was 41 at the time it hit me and I got up and ran to my living room. It was my parents that called. I knew whoever doesn’t answer passed away. I just knew. I called and my mom answered and I will never forget these words. “Blast, I don’t know how to tell you this but…”

My entire world changed. I panicked. I started drinking. I walked back and forth for hours. Eventually I had to get out and I went to Walmart and I walked around. I saw people doing their shit. They had no idea what I was going through. At that moment I changed and realized to be good to good people. Fuck the rest. Give time for people that deserve it. I used to be very closed off and hateful to everyone but my family and a few close friends.

My dad died suddenly and he fell and hit his head on tile and bled out in the middle of the night. My mom found him at 3:30am.

If you have one or both parents please talk to them. Let them bitch. Let them treat you like you’re still a teenager. Sometimes it’s all they have. Call them. If they suck but it’s possible to repair it then repair it.

I have no regrets considering my dad because we got along so well. He was a genius at everything. So human. Kind. Funny. Harsh in a good way. Not a day goes by that I don’t think about him.

If I could have one wish come true it would be to sit down one more time with him and eat a steak cooked medium rare and drink a big fucking rum and coke and just talk.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'm blessed in that way because my dad sucks, at least to me.
If he goes, I'll get over it quicker than most would.
Great share though <3

Rambo John J

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I have not, it will be rough...they are excellent people

Thank you Blast for reminding us that we should treasure every moment with loved ones

Life is short, nothing is guaranteed

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Absolutely.
Totally unrelated, butt.....

If something unfortunate were to happen to you & the old ball & chain, we at TMMAC would hate to see good chickens go to waste.
I'd like to secure that side so as to hedge your family from making tough decisions in a tragic time, their plates already full(not of eggs of course).

Blast

Fagguette
Feb 10, 2024
I'm blessed in that way because my dad sucks, at least to me.
If he goes, I'll get over it quicker than most would.
Great share though <3
I appreciate your response and I actually do understand it considering my post.

Life can be fickle but your actual life when considering you as a person belongs to you. We both live very different lives. I know you have a child (maybe more than one) and from what I’ve witnessed with what you have shared on this forum is that you are an incredible father. Good on you.

I’m not new here. I’ve been here since October of 2015. You sent me a Milwaukee Bucks hoodie because of the Christmas thread years ago.

I fucked up here but shit happens. You are the kind of dude I respect so much so I came back. It’s slower here but it’s chill. I like it.

Blast

Fagguette
Feb 10, 2024
I have not, it will be rough...they are excellent people

Thank you Blast for reminding us that we should treasure every moment with loved ones

You my guy. You know who I was. I respect you and I enjoy the fact that you just go. Always positive. Always you.

Losing my dad killed me and as I mentioned in my first post I give love and respect to people that deserve it.

This isn’t a “give me compliments thread because my dad died”. It’s a thread about shit happening. You are an OG here and yes I gave you shit because at the time I thought it was fun. As I mentioned above I immediately learned to give time to people that deserve it.

I lived my life for the last few years always checking in here because this place always meant so much to me. Even after I was banned. I saw this mass extradition of so many people and it shocked me but I understand it. Posters quit because they thought what Wild @Wild was doing wasn’t fair but it was. I didn’t agree at the time but look at this place now.

It’s so nice to see familiar names and I owe you a true apology. I sucked considering you and I like the fact that I can squash that shit.

I am not having some crazy moment where I have to repent. As I stated above, You are gold.

Rambo John J

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
You my guy. You know who I was. I respect you and I enjoy the fact that you just go. Always positive. Always you.

Losing my dad killed me and as I mentioned in my first post I give love and respect to people that deserve it.

This isn’t a “give me compliments thread because my dad died”. It’s a thread about shit happening. You are an OG here and yes I gave you shit because at the time I thought it was fun. As I mentioned above I immediately learned to give time to people that deserve it.

I lived my life for the last few years always checking in here because this place always meant so much to me. Even after I was banned. I saw this mass extradition of so many people and it shocked me but I understand it. Posters quit because they thought what Wild @Wild was doing wasn’t fair but it was. I didn’t agree at the time but look at this place now.

It’s so nice to see familiar names and I owe you a true apology. I sucked considering you and I like the fact that I can squash that shit.

I am not having some crazy moment where I have to repent. As I stated above, You are gold.
You are a good dude brother, I have always thought that.

This topic is real as it gets, I think about it often even not having experienced it.

Onward is our only possible heading, with deep respect and lessons learned from the past.

Much love.

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
Blast @Blast I've lost both parents. Lost Papa Thuglife as a little kid and Momma Thuglife a few years back. Nothing comes close or can compare to losing them except your own child. I'll never be the same and I'm still somewhat lost and haven't fully recovered. Probably never will but luckily I never got into drinking or doing drugs. Have so many regrets but life sucks and it isn't fair. All you can do is fight on daily...

I also lost another close family member during peak Covid lockdown time and it was the absolute worst with all the restrictions going on...

I'm a little younger than you being a Millennial but I wish you the best fam and hope you find the strength to carry on in your life...

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
Dad passed away October 24 of last year. My sister called me while I was at work. Usually, I don't have the phone on at work(distraction to patients). I remember her asking if I was busy first then breaking the news. I thought to myself: Do you really have to ask that? She then broke down and shared the pain and cried like I've never heard my big sister cry. It was heart wrenching to say the least and I regret cutting her off and saying I had to get back to work. I remember telling the patient looking at me what happened and going about my duties feeling disconnected on auto-pilot. I finished the job then went to the liquor store and bought a good bottle of scotch(Laphroaig 10). Then went to my other job and told them I was going home because my Dad passed away. Went to my apartment and remembered some of the times the old man put in my memory banks. He visited me earlier in the year and we made some good memories. I kind of felt like he was proud of me. Most sons (I think) feel like their dads are always pushing them to do better. I felt like those expectations had fallen by the wayside because he had told me he was dying and that he had done all he could do. And to his credit, I turned out ok.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I appreciate your response and I actually do understand it considering my post.

Life can be fickle but your actual life when considering you as a person belongs to you. We both live very different lives. I know you have a child (maybe more than one) and from what I’ve witnessed with what you have shared on this forum is that you are an incredible father. Good on you.

I’m not new here. I’ve been here since October of 2015. You sent me a Milwaukee Bucks hoodie because of the Christmas thread years ago.

I fucked up here but shit happens. You are the kind of dude I respect so much so I came back. It’s slower here but it’s chill. I like it.
Oh "K"!
Hi!
Good to see you!
We lost so many good folks.
There was a bitter taste, and "peer pressure", and a crazy spirit. Hell I almost left a few times, but felt I owed it to a greater good not to let one thing spoil the rest.
There's a lot I'd have done differently for sure.
That's how I feel about family.
They are just not my type, but I look ahead to my own funeral, and try to be gracious enough to remain some sort of positive impact on them & not say what's really on my mind despite the arrows.
Truth be told, most of us "plebes" are pretty decent people, including kin.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Thanks for that.
I'm gonna try even harder to be a better man today.

rmenergy

Posting Machine
Mar 27, 2021
Not biological parents, don’t speak to them. I was mostly raised by my grandparents & have lost them both(other set of grandparents passed several years ago).

In 2016 I was at work & had just started training a new operator. My grandfather called to let me know. I asked if there was anything I could do & he said no that everything had already been arranged. Continued my shift & drove the couple hours to visit my next shift off.

Lost my grandfather in January of ‘21. Received call as I was getting to work for a night shift. Called the hospital & they said he’d make it for a while but wasn’t going to last more than a couple days. Called my chief & said I’d work that night but they’d have to find coverage for the rest of the week. Hospice brought him home & he held out long enough for my mom, brother & I to make it there & say our goodbyes.

I was in charge of the estate & trust. That’s a crap job for those that know. Caught my mom stealing jewelry, money, paintings, furniture, etc…Got through everything & ended up getting my grandparents requested friends & family together to spread their ashes off the coast of Morro Bay.

I stayed so busy with family, work & the trust that time for mourning never happened for me. My grandparents are the people I respected most in this world. Honest & hardworking folks that would give the shirt off their backs to help someone. Grandfather would also bury someone that tried to hurt a loved one or kill someone politically when it came to business & bad practices (besides ranches he owned a few businesses & was president of the school board for about 30yrs as well as board president of the local irrigation district). I learned quite a bit from him over the years & wish that I would have learned more.

Those last few years, I would take trips to visit him about every 3 weeks. Of course the time I had to cancel due to shift coverage is when he had a stroke, fell & punctured his hip on the coffee table & was stuck bleeding on the floor for 5 days before his friend stopped in to check on him. That’s the part that gets me to this day. If anyone deserved to go peacefully it was him.

My take is to spend time with those important to you. Thank them for everything they’ve done & just for being there. When the end eventually comes around, be the rock that others can count on. Also, eject bad people from your life, family or otherwise.