General Hawks and Eagles

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
Why are these birds protected in North America?
They're dangerous and attack people and their animals.
This is like protecting jellyfish or fire ants.
Why are giant birds that attack bears, wolves and throw goats off cliffs need our protection?
I could see banning hunting on particular species in low numbers but why are even the plentiful species like cooper hawk protected?
How would you feel if one of these came down on your dog or cat or even another person? I don't see why these birds are federally protected.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
Imo if these birds attack you or your property you should be able to shoot it like any other animal causing you harm. Is it so that it's a 10 thousand dollar fine and or jail?? Is this China? What kind of silly person made this law and people are just ok with it?

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Thrre's no law saying you can't defend yourself against any being.
Of course you can nlast it if it's coming for you.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
You can't kill them for sport.
You can kill them if they are attacking you - which is a very, very rare occurence. I've seen thousands of hawks, falcons, owls and eagles in the wild. Not once have I ever been attacked.

Birds of prey are a very important member of the ecosystem. They keep mice, rabbit and other creatures from becoming overpopulated. Killing them off would have some very bad unintended consequences.

Nature has a way of balancing itself out. Just let them soar, yo.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
You can't kill them for sport.
You can kill them if they are attacking you - which is a very, very rare occurence. I've seen thousands of hawks, falcons, owls and eagles in the wild. Not once have I ever been attacked.

Birds of prey are a very important member of the ecosystem. They keep mice, rabbit and other creatures from becoming overpopulated. Killing them off would have some very bad unintended consequences.

Nature has a way of balancing itself out. Just let them soar, yo.
If they are attacking your pets or livestock and you try to get them to fly off and they wont leave can you shoot them in your State?

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
Thrre's no law saying you can't defend yourself against any being.
Of course you can nlast it if it's coming for you.
So could you hypothetically shoot this if it happened in your yard?

Hawk and eagle attacks are rare because they were very low numbers before. Now that they are bouncing back but territory is shrinking you're going to have alot more attacks. Humans may not be first choice in target but if you have animals they will highly come after them and then the human gets involved. However I read on livestock pages that you're not allowed to kill them in North America even though they are preying on your animals. :eek:

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
If they are attacking your pets or livestock and you try to get them to fly off and they wont leave can you shoot them in your State?
Sure. In my state nobody would know anyway. A rifle report around where I live is as common as hearing a liberal bitch about nonsense in California.

By law, I believe you need to get a permit if it's harming your livestock. But ain't nobody got time for that shit.

The only thing off limits are bald eagles, which are starting to pop up around here in Ohio. You shoot one of those, someone might shoot you on the dead bird's behalf.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Sure. In my state nobody would know anyway. A rifle report around where I live is as common as hearing a liberal bitch about nonsense in California.

By law, I believe you need to get a permit if it's harming your livestock. But ain't nobody got time for that shit.

The only thing off limits are bald eagles, which are starting to pop up around here in Ohio. You shoot one of those, someone might shoot you on the dead bird's behalf.
Why? Are they magic?

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I saw one of them Californian condors at the zoo .fucker looked like it could fight king kong

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017

If the eagle is attacking your livestock and not flying off with you there, you're not going to shoot it? These birds are clever and will come back when they think you aren't looking. Same with the fox unless you put a severe scare in them such as a superficial shot. I wouldn't want to kill them either but the problem with them is they will come back thinking they can outsmart you.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
If the eagle is attacking your livestock and not flying off with you there, you're not going to shoot it? These birds are clever and will come back when they think you aren't looking. Same with the fox unless you put a severe scare in them such as a superficial shot. I wouldn't want to kill them either but the problem with them is they will come back thinking they can outsmart you.
I don't have livestock.
Not my problem.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
Why? Are they magic?
Wait till they become common like pigeons and people will get so fed up with them eating their chihuahuas. It's nostalgic when you have enjoyed 50 years without them terrorizing human settlements.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Wait till they become common like pigeons and people will get so fed up with them eating their chihuahuas. It's nostalgic when you have enjoyed 50 years without them terrorizing human settlements.
If they can start wiping out the chihuahua population that would be fucking sweet. Fucking rat dogs.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Almost all birds are protected under the Migratory Bird Treaty Act, and most states (I think) have additional protection for birds of prey under state laws.

If you have a problem with eagles or hawks, you can file a Depredation Permit from US Fish and Wildlife. But good luck with that lol. It will take time and cost $$

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
Why is this continent protecting this vermin bird which is basically a snake with wings?

What kind of hippy Jubo convinced you all that having this creature make a come back is good for the environment?