General Hawks and Eagles

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Why is this continent protecting this vermin bird which is basically a snake with wings?

What kind of hippy Jubo convinced you all that having this creature make a come back is good for the environment?
You are breaking character.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
You are breaking character.
Well you dont seem to know my "character".

Agriculture have been interests of mine long before I have been posting here and yall got ton of these flying snakes around here and I find out it's because you "protect" them.

I like most birds and owls are tolerable because you build a goodnight structure and they are no trouble but hawks and eagles and dangerous and a liability to agriculture.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
My friend told me they will eat eyes out of young cattle and goats on pasture in the day. It would be nice to preserve nature but you want your beef to come from indoors? If you protect them then you can't really have it both ways because hawks and eagles will make that tremendously difficult especially with how quickly they are increasing in number.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
My friend told me they will eat eyes out of young cattle and goats on pasture in the day. It would be nice to preserve nature but you want your beef to come from indoors? If you protect them then you can't really have it both ways because hawks and eagles will make that tremendously difficult especially with how quickly they are increasing in number.
Just tie a scarecrow on the back of each one of your cows.

It would keep these flying predators away from your livestock and you'd have the goofiest fucking farm in the state.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
Just tie a scarecrow on the back of each one of your cows.

It would keep these flying predators away from your livestock and you'd have the goofiest fucking farm in the state.
Will cause stress, damage skin and excessive heat. There's no nice answer. I predict big problems ahead with conservation. Most farming is indoors but with pasture and free range or small farming I can see BIG problems ahead.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
Almost all birds are protected under the Migratory Bird Treaty Act, and most states (I think) have additional protection for birds of prey under state laws.

If you have a problem with eagles or hawks, you can file a Depredation Permit from US Fish and Wildlife. But good luck with that lol. It will take time and cost $$
I read that if you apply they want to see proof of it being destructive and dangerous because it's "rare" for eagles and hawks to attack people and well protected livestock. It's rare because their numbers have been so low for the last 50 years so occurance would obviously be historically low.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
Banchan @Banchan

You suck at farming.
That's just the reality.

You have to consider why in the 1800 and 1900 so many people harbored "prejudice" against birds of prey and tried to irradicate them. B cos they attack your animals. It's only become rare when the birds themselves became rare. Endangered birds should have a hunting ban for the purpose of preservation but a whole ban to kill any bird of prey like common cooper hawk without permission from governing bodies is silly. Why would you protect a not endangered bird like that while other birds are fair game to be hunted? That doesn't make sense to me.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
This is how evolution works. Millions of years from now, goats will be able to fly.

And they'll have the eagle to thank for that learned skill.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
Farming is the reason you aren't 4'10 and have a maximum lifespan of 32.

Also a chicken wouldn't circle back to assert dominance over a wind turbine.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
This is how evolution works. Millions of years from now, goats will be able to fly.

And they'll have the eagle to thank for that learned skill.

They don't just drop goats, they drop endangered creatures like turtles and if you were on that mountain they would try to drop you as well. They are the most historically hated species of bird for a reason.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
Turtles don't climb mountains.

They would fail.

With all due respect to my Canadian brothers...

Fuck yo Geese

Goose weren't hunted to extinction even though people enjoy hunting them for food. The eagle and hawk were hunted to dangerous low levels not because people wanted to eat them but just because they hated them and were seen as a liability to their livestock. So historically birds of prey are the most hated.

They dont necessarily catch the turtle on a cliff.

If an eagle dug into your back you may fall trying to get him off.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Goose weren't hunted to extinction even though people enjoy hunting them for food. The eagle and hawk were hunted to dangerous low levels not because people wanted to eat them but just because they hated them and were seen as a liability to their livestock. So historically birds of prey are the most hated.

They dont necessarily catch the turtle on a cliff.

If an eagle dug into your back you may fall trying to get him off.