HBK Offered AJ Styles match at mania because...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
"They didn't have an opponent for him"

So, Shane is their last resort because Michaels said no, who they asked because they couldn't find a matchup for the best worker on the roster...

Flabbergasted. SMH.

Not that Michaels necessarily would have been bad if he can still work, but to not have any ideas for AJ other than Michaels and Shane now being your backup plan is unbelievable to me.

Here is the story:

Shawn Michaels Reveals That He Was Offered Match With AJ Styles At WrestleMania - WrestlingInc.com

WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels appeared on the latest episode of The Sam Roberts Wrestling Podcast. During the interview with Roberts, Michaels revealed that he was actually offered a match against AJ Styles at WrestleMania 33.

"I guess I'm breaking something with you and I don't even know if I should, but I could have had that match," Michaels said (h/t to Sports Illustrated for the transcription). "They didn't have an opponent for AJ at WrestleMania. I said that I hadn't been asked because I hadn't—but then I was.

"I said, I wish that young man was here 10 years ago, man. I honestly do. I think he's very talented."

Story continued at source article above

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016

I think they missed a great opportunity to debut Nakamura at the Rumble. From there they could have rekindled that beef with Styles leading up to Mania setting up another potential great showdown.

I haven't been following wrestling all that closely though, maybe there is a good reason they haven't brought him to the big show yet.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015

I think they missed a great opportunity to debut Nakamura at the Rumble. From there they could have rekindled that beef with Styles leading up to Mania setting up another potential great showdown.

I haven't been following wrestling all that closely though, maybe there is a good reason they haven't brought him to the big show yet.
AJ and Nakamura wouldnt have been close to the main event but it would have been the match of the night. No way does Vince let anyone shine over Shane or HHH.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
AJ and Nakamura wouldnt have been close to the main event but it would have been the match of the night. No way does Vince let anyone shine over Shane or HHH.
AJ and Nakamura both working as they are right now has 5 stars written allover it. Like you said. Vinnie Mac can't have that outshining HHH and Rollins...

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
It comes down to shit writing and planning. If it were me. AJ is the best in ring talent they have. You have him in a title match. Plenty of guys to put in there with him. But they want to waste space for this bs Cena/Miz love match. The whole Mania card seems thrown together just to get Brock VS Roman. Nothing else matters to Vince.

RedDragonUK

Posting Machine
Apr 17, 2015
AJ is the Ricky Steamboat of WWE right now. He outshines everyone else but Hogan and Mr T er I mean Cena and Nikki are main event.