General Heading to NYC with my daughter

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
I am flying to NYC with my 10 year old daughter tomorrow morning. This will be her first time in the city, and our first "big" father/daughter trip. She has wanted to go to NYC for a few years, and is really into ballet and plays. I am taking her to Wicked tomorrow and then Sleeping Beauty by the NYC ballet on Saturday. We will have all day Saturday and Sunday to sightsee. Hopefully this will be a great trip for her; she has gotten overwhelmed and kind of freaked out on smaller special trips before, but she was younger then so hopefully that won't happen this time.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
You're gonna have some great weather for sightseeing this time of year. Gonna be close to be 60 degrees Sat and Sun.

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
I am flying to NYC with my 10 year old daughter tomorrow morning. This will be her first time in the city, and our first "big" father/daughter trip. She has wanted to go to NYC for a few years, and is really into ballet and plays. I am taking her to Wicked tomorrow and then Sleeping Beauty by the NYC ballet on Saturday. We will have all day Saturday and Sunday to sightsee. Hopefully this will be a great trip for her; she has gotten overwhelmed and kind of freaked out on smaller special trips before, but she was younger then so hopefully that won't happen this time.
im jealous. never seen wicked! enjoy!!be careful. stay warm. have fun

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
The weather forecast looks good. I was worried about getting stuck coming in or out due to a snowstorm when we booked the trip a few months ago, but it looks like we will luck out. We will probably be inside Uber's or buildings a good portion of the time anyways, she does not walk at my speed and I don't want this to turn into a forced march for her. I have some general ideas of where I want to take her, but I want to see what she is interested in and kind of go from there. I think I will start by taking her to Freedom Tower (I went up there with Happy @Happy and MMAHAWK @MMAHAWK when I was there for UFC205 and the view is amazing), and then probably the Natural History Museum.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
The weather forecast looks good. I was worried about getting stuck coming in or out due to a snowstorm when we booked the trip a few months ago, but it looks like we will luck out. We will probably be inside Uber's or buildings a good portion of the time anyways, she does not walk at my speed and I don't want this to turn into a forced march for her. I have some general ideas of where I want to take her, but I want to see what she is interested in and kind of go from there. I think I will start by taking her to Freedom Tower (I went up there with Happy @Happy and MMAHAWK @MMAHAWK when I was there for UFC205 and the view is amazing), and then probably the Natural History Museum.
Make sure she gets a good look at New Jersey from the Freedom Tower. Let her know that NJ is the culmination of civilization. It doesn't get any better than that.

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
Make sure she gets a get look at New Jersey from the Freedom Tower. Let her know that NJ is the culmination of civilization. It doesn't get any better than that.
She is getting an eyeful of NJ right now, we are just about to go through the Lincoln Tunnel into Manhattan. We flew into Newark.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Awesome trip man. Take some pics of the sightseeing. Rockefeller is a better observation deck than anywhere else. Almost no lines compared to the Empire State.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Awesome daddy daughter date Doc. Have fun, cherish it!

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
I'm going to the museum of natural history on satrusday or Sunday. I think tomorrow.

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
I took her to Wicked tonight, and she asked me what was the difference between seeing Wicked here in NYC vs when it came through Greenville. I told her that Broadway is like the UFC of theater. She both rolled her eyes at me and nodded in understanding. Looks like she really is mine.

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
I took her to Wicked tonight, and she asked me what was the difference between seeing Wicked here in NYC vs when it came through Greenville. I told her that Broadway is like the UFC of theater. She both rolled her eyes at me and nodded in understanding. Looks like she really is mine.
Truth!!!

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
A good trip is Sony Wonder if she's into cool tech. Also Ripleys Believe it or Not and Madame Tussauds for randomness. If she's into art, check out MOMA or the Met.

If you're feeling daring, try Escape Room NYC and if you're feeling super daring there's an indoor trapeze over at Pier 40.

Since you have good weather, Central Park should be fun as should Battery Park where you can catch a free ride on the Staten Island Ferry to pass the Statue of Liberty if you don't have time to actually visit it. There's a great candy shop around the corner from Wicked called Hersheys Chocolate World worth a visit too.

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
She wanted a fancy steak dinner, so we went to Benjamin Steak House. I think I make a damn good steak, so i was not expecting to be overly impressed, but I have to admit the steak was outstanding. She wanted the steak for two which is a huge porterhouse, and then filled up on shrimp cocktail and soup so I "had to" eat 95% of the massive steak for two. Just another sacrifice I made for my daughter ;). We hit Times Square including the Hershey Store and Disney Store after dinner and before the play. Wicked was really good. I am taking her to One World Trade tomorrow morning, then the Natural History Museum and Butterfly exhibit in the afternoon. She has not decided what she wants for dinner, but we will be dressed up for the ballet so probably another nice restaurant.