Personal Heading to the Big Easy, What Do?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Taking a trip to New Orleans for a technical symposium. We're all going to have a skull session and figure out how much cancer we can cause with our 5G antennas.

I haven't been to NO since 96-97, when I used to live in Biloxi and split weekends between Mobile and NO.
Originally this was going to be a family trip, but my eldest daughter just got sick this morning and I'm going solo. I'll have Saturday and Sunday to kill, and some evenings when I'm not doing business dinners.

And I have to give a presentation on Wednesday, so I need to know the most coon-ass way to say "Good Morning, Friends and Neighbors." or something to that effect.

And I need to know the best catfish Po' Boy, now that O' Neil's is closed.

maybe b00ts @b00ts can help with the last two...

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I thought I was staying in the Warehouse District, but now it's called the New Orleans Art District.

froofie.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Taking a trip to New Orleans for a technical symposium. We're all going to have a skull session and figure out how much cancer we can cause with our 5G antennas.

I haven't been to NO since 96-97, when I used to live in Biloxi and split weekends between Mobile and NO.
Originally this was going to be a family trip, but my eldest daughter just got sick this morning and I'm going solo. I'll have Saturday and Sunday to kill, and some evenings when I'm not doing business dinners.

And I have to give a presentation on Wednesday, so I need to know the most coon-ass way to say "Good Morning, Friends and Neighbors." or something to that effect.

Bon matin. Allons commencer.

Good morning. Let’s begin.

Look to Metairie for food now. There’s still some good places in NOLA, obviously, but a lot of it is the touristy type of Cajun food, imo. I find Metairie has some hidden gems. The best muffalato joint I’d ever eaten at closed down though. I used to make the trip from Lafayette all the way there on my motorcycle just to eat lol. Not to sound like I’m racially profiling or anything, but if you find a smaller places owned by a black family, it will probably be some of the best food you’ve ever eaten. They are scattered throughout the city, but some are in areas where they prey on tourist

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I hear if you walk around and flash your tits, people will give you tokens of appreciation by way of worthless necklaces.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I hear if you walk around and flash your tits, people will give you tokens of appreciation by way of worthless necklaces.
Shit's played out. It's literally tourist flashing and throwing beads to each other. You still have the large krewes doing the parades in NOLA, but most people that live here would rather go to the smaller towns and cities for our Mardi Gras festivities. Baton Rouge's Spanish Town parade is pretty popular, as well as the more traditional Courir de Mardi Gras in the smaller towns throughout the Acadiana region.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
well I would say po boy and seafood .the humidity made my long beach ass suffer and it is humid af in long beach. po boy suck ass in L.A county compared to lousiana and east.TX Splinty @Splinty

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Shit's played out. It's literally tourist flashing and throwing beads to each other. You still have the large krewes doing the parades in NOLA, but most people that live here would rather go to the smaller towns and cities for our Mardi Gras festivities. Baton Rouge's Spanish Town parade is pretty popular, as well as the more traditional Courir de Mardi Gras in the smaller towns throughout the Acadiana region.
I always enjoyed the parades on the west bank, less drunks and more families. Of course now it has been years so I have no idea, I moved out of there after the hurricane.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I always enjoyed the parades on the west bank, less drunks and more families. Of course now it has been years so I have no idea, I moved out of there after the hurricane.
I was speaking more of the French Quarter ones that are overrun with tourist now. There's still some krewes that put on damn good parade, but there are so many fucking drunks. Not the cool funny drunks either. Like a bunch of younger assholes.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
If you are ever heading on I-10 to NOLA, there's a little town called Scott in Lafayette Parish. It's called the "Boudin Capital of the World". Stop by Billy's for pepper jack boudin balls and then head into town to a little place called Uncle T's for some damn good po'boys, oysters, boiled crawfish, etc. Leave room for their bread pudding, which is possibly the best thing I've ever eaten. Shit tasted like a honey bun almost.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
If you are ever heading on I-10 to NOLA, there's a little town called Scott in Lafayette Parish. It's called the "Boudin Capital of the World". Stop by Billy's for pepper jack boudin balls and then head into town to a little place called Uncle T's for some damn good po'boys, oysters, boiled crawfish, etc. Leave room for their bread pudding, which is possibly the best thing I've ever eaten. Shit tasted like a honey bun almost.
Those are literally a run of my favorite foods...all in one place. Awesome!

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Those are literally a run of my favorite foods...all in one place. Awesome!
I mean, within a few miles of each other there are about 5 different boudin places. They have a Boudin Fest every year. We used to live right in the middle of town on the parade route. I live further south towards the coast now, but I'd drive up to get some charbroiled oysters and a beer if you're ever passing through lol

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
looked them up
Vice did an article on them

looks so damn tasty...I think I would be overweight if I had access to such good fried foods
My Chicago friends sent me a pic of a Chicago dog and slice of pizza because it's the first thing I asked for when I went up there. I sent them back a pic of me cooking gumbo the other night and they were jealous lol. We eat well all the time, but I love getting away and trying other regional foods.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I didn't even realize Vice did an article. I grew up in a small town near the original place. The house I got in Scott was right down the street from the location there. Any time we're cooking for a football game or something, I'll get a few dozen frozen ones from there and fry them up myself. Definitely one of the better "snack" type foods. I'm now getting hungry...

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
My Chicago friends sent me a pic of a Chicago dog and slice of pizza because it's the first thing I asked for when I went up there. I sent them back a pic of me cooking gumbo the other night and they were jealous lol. We eat well all the time, but I love getting away and trying other regional foods.
I make gumbo once or twice a year...with varying results
It is one of my favorite foods

Only one guy in my town makes good gumbo and sells it...his name is Mickey and he is a 60 year old black dude from louisiana, the only time I can get a bowl is at a festival in the woods once per year...good times

Very jealous of your regional food...only thing Oregon has going for it is great seafood(but you guys also have great seafood I suspect)...we have Elk but you gotta hunt it and that is far from a guarantee, Oregon Coastal Elk tastes heavenly

RaginCajun

Oct 25, 2015

My parents used to run a little motel call Sunkist Motel in Biloxi around 1990. It is no longer there but it was pretty sweet living on the beach as a kid right next to the water park.

RaginCajun

Oct 25, 2015
I make gumbo once or twice a year...with varying results
It is one of my favorite foods

Only one guy in my town makes good gumbo and sells it...his name is Mickey and he is a 60 year old black dude from louisiana, the only time I can get a bowl is at a festival in the woods once per year...good times

Very jealous of your regional food...only thing Oregon has going for it is great seafood(but you guys also have great seafood I suspect)...we have Elk but you gotta hunt it and that is far from a guarantee, Oregon Coastal Elk tastes heavenly
The seafood in Oregon sucks. Everyone here thinks it's so great...it is NOT.