Heathen and Yair running it back Boston

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hong Kong Phooey

Spreading The Coronavirus one Corona at a Time
Feb 12, 2015
Jeremy Stephens has gotten his wish.

After an inadvertent eyepoke ended UFC Mexico’s headliner between Stephens and Yair Rodriguez, the featherweights have been scheduled to face off again at UFC Boston, which takes place Oct. 18 at TD Garden. The rematch will serve as the co-main event.

The news was confirmed to MMAFighting by people with knowledge of the rescheduled fight after an initial report from UFC broadcast partner ESPN.com. The people requested anonymity because the news hasn’t officially been announced.

Stephens repeatedly requested a rematch in interviews following the botched fight, which took place this past Saturday at Mexico City Arena. He and Rodriguez nearly came to blows at the fighter hotel, exchanging insults and a homophobic slur.

Rodriguez initially expressed sympathy for Stephens, but he also questioned whether the injury was serious enough to warrant a stoppage. After Stephens pushed him during their hotel confrontation, he accused his opponent of seeking the easy way out.

After the no-contest, which brought an ugly response from the crowd at Mexico City Arena, Rodriguez said he hadn’t been keen on fighting Stephens in the first place and deferred to the UFC on his next move. He later told ESPN.com he would apologize if he was proven wrong about the severity of Stephens’ injury.

Stephens downplayed his injury in an interview with MMAFighting and blasted Rodriguez, doubting the Mexican star would accept a rematch.

The injury occurred after Rodriguez and Stephens had squared off. Rodriguez threw a leg kick and raked Stephens’ eyes by extending his arm. Stephens immediately pulled back and said he couldn’t open his left eye; referee Herb Dean said the eye was spasming and called in cageside doctors.

After a five-minute rest, the maximum break allowed for an eyepoke, Dean ruled Rodriguez’s actions unintentional and declared a no-contest just 15 seconds into the bout.

Stephens suffered a corneal abrasion and needed a doctor’s clearance to nix a 180-day suspension, according to medical suspensions issued after UFC Mexico.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
i am sure the boston fans will show some class and not throw beer on yair like savages

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I'm already over this fiasco.. that card ws trash and the way it was handled ws trash.. The fans were trash...

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
I'm already over this fiasco.. that card ws trash and the way it was handled ws trash.. The fans were trash...
The fight itself was always a waste of time anyway. You've got Zombie moving up the rankings to fight Ortega while Yair is going backwards to fight Stephens, even though he beat Zombie and Stephens is on a two-fight skid.

And Yair seems like he's not entirely right in the head, so putting him in the vicinity of Stephens again doesn't seem like a great idea.

Why the fuck would you bother running back an already worthless, counterproductive fight surrounded in shitty controversy (the type that doesn't sell tickets) when the odds of further problems are also increased?

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
The fight itself was always a waste of time anyway. You've got Zombie moving up the rankings to fight Ortega while Yair is going backwards to fight Stephens, even though he beat Zombie and Stephens is on a two-fight skid.

And Yair seems like he's not entirely right in the head, so putting him in the vicinity of Stephens again doesn't seem like a great idea.

Why the fuck would you bother running back an already worthless, counterproductive fight surrounded in shitty controversy (the type that doesn't sell tickets) when the odds of further problems are also increased?
Preach brotha preach

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016

Fk it if they both want it let's get it.

Now this fight had more animosity.

Meaning the UFC can sell it more.

These are two animals are throwing for out amusement.

I say let em Bang Bro!!!

When the fuck does rankings matter.

It's all about the story.

I've come to take that as it is.

BANG BANG MOFO

M

member 3289

i am sure the boston fans will show some class and not throw beer on yair like savages
Lol I can't stand the Patriots but I have to give Bostonians credit - they're not complete trash like New Yorkers...