Heavyweight Arjan Bhullar signs with UFC

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016

'The Battlefield Fight League heavyweight champion and former Olympic wrestler, Arjan Bhullar has officially signed with the UFC.

'Bhullar made the announcement on his Facebook page on Thursday afternoon.

'“FROM THE OLYMPIC GAMES, TO THE UFC!

Another glass ceiling has been smashed. It’s official, we are headed to the UFC!

When you are headed into battle and need the job done right, you call a Sikh….and they called the right one. I will proudly represent the Maple Leaf and be the ambassador for over 1.7 billion South Asians. I fully appreciate the significance of this moment, and understand the seriousness of the task at hand. We will prepare accordingly.

Stay tuned for more details”'

....more: Heavyweight Arjan Bhullar signs with UFC - MMASucka.com

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
He looks very composed on his feet.. the Indian Cormier

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
'
Q: You learned wrestling techniques on the family farm in Richmond, B.C., correct?

A: The family history is that my father wrestled before me. The sport of wrestling, the art of wrestling, is part of tradition in India in our culture. If you look at cave paintings that are thousands of years old, there are depictions of wrestling. So that came over with our family. My dad became my coach, and he taught myself and my brothers and my cousins. There were 10 of us, boys in the family, and we all wrestled, on the family farm here.

Q: There’s a history of family-farm wrestling in Canada, obviously, with the Harts in Calgary. You had 10 boys all training there, it must have been quite the scene.

A: It was a lot of testosterone and blood, sweat and tears, but at the end of the day when you went to go compete everyone was in your corner. It really has been the common denominator for our family as people have grown and started their own family and ventured off, the gym and well-being and the spirit of wrestling is still a common denominator.

Q: Did anyone get hurt?

A: Oh, for sure. We’ve had broken bones and ligaments and all that, but that’s part of the experience that bonded us together.

Q: You had the hospital on speed dial.

A: Exactly. When you were younger, it was just ‘shake it off,’ the old-school method of just wrapping it up and saying ‘you’ll be okay.’ But now you look back and think, what the hell were we thinking? I remember one time, my cousin, he severed his toe. It was hanging by the skin and we had to rush him to hospital. My dad wrapped it up with socks. And that was sort of holding it together.

Q: I hope the socks were clean, at least.

A: No. I don’t remember whose socks we used. It was mostly to keep the blood off the mats, really....'

More:
Q&A with Arjan Bhullar, ex-Canadian Olympian preparing for UFC debut | Sports | Toronto Sun

I like this guy. I took him in MagWar. Hopefully he gets the KO.

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
'
I like this guy. I took him in MagWar. Hopefully he gets the KO.
Doh! I was just reading through this thread, thinking about whether to target Bhullar for a future pickup, and then got to this line. LOL, I can tell already, there are going to be some sharks in the TMMAC Alphas league.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
If he just ate some of his native Indian cuisine he would likely shit his brains out all the way down to featherweight