Heavyweights

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Who's the GOAT?

• Fedor

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • Cormier

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Stipe

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Fedor, Igor, , then takes some thought, with Werdum, Nog, DC, Cro Cop & others

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Rico whoop nogs ass
I don't think so.
But did think Ricco certainly outnudged Rodrigo.
Styles.
Barnett is on the list of considerations.

But man, Fedor was the most dominant we've ever seen.
One name had to be said & it was said with reverence.
Arguing the fairly distant 2nd is all that remains.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I don't think so.
But did think Ricco certainly outnudged Rodrigo.
Styles.
Barnett is on the list of considerations.

But man, Fedor was the most dominant we've ever seen.
One name had to be said & it was said with reverence.
Arguing the fairly distant 2nd is all that remains.
He got smoked by hendo. And knocked out 11 times by Maldonado

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Stipe had a great comeback but DC beat the shit out of him for 3 rounds before it happened. They are 1-1, with DC winning in 4/5 rounds in which they’ve competed against each other. People need to chill out on this suddenly making Stipe the GOAT as DC has looked like the better fighter of the two overall, let alone the other contenders.

M

member 3289

Stipe had a great comeback but DC beat the shit out of him for 3 rounds before it happened. They are 1-1, with DC winning in 4/5 rounds in which they’ve competed against each other. People need to chill out on this suddenly making Stipe the GOAT as DC has looked like the better fighter of the two overall, let alone the other contenders.
Stipe won round 3

M

member 3289

Nobody ever went effectively undefeated at HW as long as Fedor did. And he's only 6'0".
The moment he started fighting the top guys in the world he lost.

Yeah he was great when the sport was in its infancy, but calling him the GOAT is just ignorant fanboyism.

Fedor on his best day loses to Cain, DC, JDS, Stipe, and Ngannou on their respective best days.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Lol this is why I wanted Stipe to win. Changing the Goat after every heavyweight fight because everyone loses 1 out of 3 fights is hilarious.
So
I’ll take the guy that was undefeated and universally the #1 heavyweight for a decade.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
Stipe won round 3
No he didn't. I have no idea where people got this idea from - I'm guessing dipshit commentators that I could only partially hear at the pub. Cormier outlanded him 57 to 34 for fuck's sake. It wasn't even a remotely close round.

MMAHAWK

Feb 5, 2015
No he didn't. I have no idea where people got this idea from - I'm guessing dipshit commentators that I could only partially hear at the pub. Cormier outlanded him 57 to 34 for fuck's sake. It wasn't even a remotely close round.
I thought from the stands he may have won the round. But more importantly I told the people I was with halfway through that round that the moment was shifting. They were both leaving themselves open for big shots but in the 3rd Cormier seemed to be slowing down and moving much less.

M

member 3289

Rewatch it with the sound off. Stipe 10-9

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Rewatch it with the sound off. Stipe 10-9
I can see this

I thought from the stands he may have won the round. But more importantly I told the people I was with halfway through that round that the moment was shifting. They were both leaving themselves open for big shots but in the 3rd Cormier seemed to be slowing down and moving much less.
I saw a lil shift in the force for a few moments in round 2 but DC turned it back up.
He was putting out bursts to be the aggressor and I think it won him 2-3 rounds but the heavy hands took him out eventually...he pushed that pedal and ended up near E

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
I think this is the source of the mass retardation with this round. People could see the momentum starting to shift and DC start to fade. But that's not how rounds are scored. You don't get outlanded by nearly 70% and win rounds unless you are rocking/dropping or seriously hurting the other guy, none of which happened in that round. I'm not having a go at you as we all screw up scoring live, but I would guarantee that you would score it for DC on re-watch.

A similar thing happened in the Jacare-Kelvin fight - everyone scored round 3 for Kelvin because Jacare looked like a zombie. But more astute observers realized that zombie Jacare actually still landed the better shots. The difference is that it was a razor thin round, whereas this was not.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I think this is the source of the mass retardation with this round. People could see the momentum starting to shift and DC start to fade. But that's not how rounds are scored. You don't get outlanded by nearly 70% and win rounds unless you are rocking/dropping or seriously hurting the other guy, none of which happened in that round. I'm not having a go at you as we all screw up scoring live, but I would guarantee that you would score it for DC on re-watch.

A similar thing happened in the Jacare-Kelvin fight - everyone scored round 3 for Kelvin because Jacare looked like a zombie. But more astute observers realized that zombie Jacare actually still landed the better shots. The difference is that it was a razor thin round, whereas this was not.
easy to get caught up
I thought a couple of the rounds were close

no problem with DC up 3-0 when TKOed
no problem with DC up 2-1 when TKOed

great fight

Last edited:

MMAHAWK

Feb 5, 2015

My biggest issue with you is that you act like you’re always the smartest guy in the room. I said “may” have won the round. On top of that 2 of the 3 judges gave is to Stipe. So I guess my perspective was very similar to the judges and maybe the “mass retardation” is based on him actually being scored the winner of the round.

M

member 3289

Ok, lucky you're trolling. I thought you'd been hitting the kind of bath salts you can only get in Florida.
I actually did think Stipe probably won the round, but I had a clear bias towards him and I lost my connection about halfway through the round so I just had to imagine how the last 2 minutes and 30 seconds played out.

Stipe 10-9