Heavyweights

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Who's the GOAT?

• Fedor

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • Cormier

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Stipe

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
My biggest issue with you is that you act like you’re always the smartest guy in the room. I said “may” have won the round. On top of that 2 of the 3 judges gave is to Stipe. So I guess my perspective was very similar to the judges and maybe the “mass retardation” is based on him actually being scored the winner of the round.

I'm well aware that 2 judges scored it for Stipe. Lots of people scored it for Stipe - hence 'mass retardation'. But if you look at those stats, re-watch the round and still think Stipe won it, then I don't know what to tell you other than I hope that your job doesn't involve operating heavy machinery. People 'feel' like Stipe won the round, which is exactly the problem. It's not based on any objective assessment of striking numbers or any understanding of how scoring actually works. It's just based on the fact that DC started to fatigue and Stipe started to do better.

Did you know I won a lot of money on Stipe as the final leg of a parlay and was going for him independently of that anyway? Hence my amazement that people scored that round for him, because it was in my interest to do the same.

As for acting like the smartest guy in the room - usually this says more about the rooms I get stuck in than me.

WEWEREONABREAK

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The moment he started fighting the top guys in the world he lost.

Yeah he was great when the sport was in its infancy, but calling him the GOAT is just ignorant fanboyism.

Fedor on his best day loses to Cain, DC, JDS, Stipe, and Ngannou on their respective best days.
No sorry this is a newer fan's perspective on Fedor. He had already fought 31 or 32 times before he first legitimately lost. It wasn't a question of finally "fighting top guys". It was a question of just reaching that point in his career when it was time to fall off.