Help Mark Coleman - desperately in need of surgery

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
First UFC Heavyweight Champion, Hall of Famer and "The God Father of Ground and Pound" Mark "The Hammer" Coleman's retirement from the sport he loved and gave us so many memories has not been very nice to him as of yet. ark had a hip replacement in 2013 and after surgery was named Wrestling Coach for Team Penn on Season 19 The Ultimate Fighter. After filming and returning home his hip popped out several times and pain began on the other side. He has struggled with and lived with the pain for well over a year and became very ill a couple weeks ago. He was taken to hospital doctor checked him out and had to stay for four days on antibiotics, when released he went to see hip doctor again and scheduled to have surgery on March 9th, only to discover while open on operating table he was full of infection and very close to being septic and lucky to have caught this! He is currently in hospitalized with a plastic hip until full surgery can be perofrmed in April. Mark currently has no income. His insurance is about to end, and we are currently looking into disability. I am looking to raise funds to help his cost of living, doctor bills, medication, and make up what he will lose in the next few months in appearances he will miss. Anything will help and thank you dearly! God Bless!

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Fuck, I knew he had the one hip done, but man. So the EGG will brag about leaving 10k tips to some random waitresses, but what about these guys who built the UFC on their backs.

Jonny Quest

Adventurer
Feb 12, 2015
Son of a bitch that sucks. I hope first and foremost he recovers healthy, and that he gets the financial help he deserves.

SickEye

"Sim sala bim bamba sala do saladim"
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
It's a shame that the man invested (and destroyed) his body to make a living, and is left in the state he's in because of it. He's made it well known that he's been one step above destitution for quite some time now...it's a shame that it had to culminate in this.

Cheers to Mark Coleman and cheers for a full recovery. I know I'll be donating and I hope others will as well.

Mertvaya Ruka

Feb 14, 2015
This really upsets me, I've read quite a few comments on reddit about this and it truly sickens me the blame quite a few put on Mark after the gofundme went from 20k to 500k. With no surgery the guy will end up in a wheelchair hooked on pain meds.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
This really upsets me, I've read quite a few comments on reddit about this and it truly sickens me the blame quite a few put on Mark after the gofundme went from 20k to 500k. With no surgery the guy will end up in a wheelchair hooked on pain meds.
A large portion has become desensitized to their fellow man. I don't know if it's because they spend less time interacting with people, because of technology...or lack of parenting...or it's just a part of the society that we currently live in. But it's sad, to say the least.

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
UPDATE

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to make donations, leave comments, say a prayer, and wish Mark the best. He is currently home, but far from cured-currently having 3 IV bags administered daily by loving, supportive, and caring Girlfriend. He is fighting a fever that comes and go daily from the infection and being told he will have rehab and ivs for at 6-8 weeks. Once infection is gone they will operate and put new hip in. Please keep the positive energy and prayers coming. God Bless and Thanks again! Wes