Help me lose more weight

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

CavemanBJJ

Oct 19, 2015
So I'm down around 50 lbs since January. Been getting bored and feel like my metabolism is started to slow a bit, I'm 195 looking to get to 175.

I IF most days eat starting at 4pm to 9-10pm, lots of veggies, lean meats, no junk, except Tuesdays.

Workout 5-6 days a week, yoga, bodyweight, kettlebells, biking, sprints. Can't lift heavy or run long because of prior injuries. Also do everything at home.

Help me out

CavemanBJJ

Oct 19, 2015
Also been an athlete my whole life, and also was a fighter. Coached wrestling and was a wrestler since I was little. C'oached fighters and was a personal trainer for years but that's the worst when helping yourself I know there are knowledgeable folks here.

Looking to change up, looking for any advice

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
I lost a shit ton of weight a few years ago but I am by no means an expert. I cleaned up my diet to the point where I had no cheat meals for over a year and a half, I ate straight lean meat and raw veg. I tagged those two above because they seem to have a good understanding on how to improve yourself when it comes to weight-loss.

CavemanBJJ

Oct 19, 2015
That's awesome man

Leigh I know, and he knows his shit. I'm still doing cheat meals probably need to kill that.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
My simple go to is to always move closer to the PSMF. Plain chicken and veg. So whatever you're doing, make it a little bit more like that. And yeah, the cheat meals probably have to go :(

But damn, 50lbs is amazing, well done mate!

CavemanBJJ

Oct 19, 2015
My simple go to is to always move closer to the PSMF. Plain chicken and veg. So whatever you're doing, make it a little bit more like that. And yeah, the cheat meals probably have to go :(

But damn, 50lbs is amazing, well done mate!
With the psmf how much protein should I be doing? 1gram per lbs? I've cut out almost all bread I'll do a sandwich or wrap here and there. Should I cut that as well?

Also should I change my eating times as I feel my metabolism is running low?

Yea after my car wreck and back surgery I got fat. Took almost two years before I could start doing any physical activity worth calling a workout. Bjj helped jump start my weight loss, but I had to move for work, now the nearest school is 3 hours away

CavemanBJJ

Oct 19, 2015
Also Leigh, I know you did a bodyweight thread don't know if it was here or og, any tips there would be appreciated

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
With the psmf how much protein should I be doing? 1gram per lbs? I've cut out almost all bread I'll do a sandwich or wrap here and there. Should I cut that as well?

Also should I change my eating times as I feel my metabolism is running low?
1g/lb is as good a guess as any. We're all indivudual, so start there and adjust as necessary. Same with eating times - I usually drop breakfast for weight loss but some people need it. Do whatever you need to in order to get through your day. Sandwich/wrap is up to you - yes dropping it will help but is it sustainable for you?
Also Leigh, I know you did a bodyweight thread don't know if it was here or og, any tips there would be appreciated
I did a thread here on bodyweight. Have a read and I'll be happy to answer any specific questions.

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
1g/lb is as good a guess as any. We're all indivudual, so start there and adjust as necessary. Same with eating times - I usually drop breakfast for weight loss but some people need it. Do whatever you need to in order to get through your day. Sandwich/wrap is up to you - yes dropping it will help but is it sustainable for you?

I did a thread here on bodyweight. Have a read and I'll be happy to answer any specific questions.
Doesn't too much protein have a negative effect on your blood glucose levels especially if you are cutting out most carbs?

I lost weight eating low carb veg and high amounts of protein but I've researched a bit that as you get close to your ideal body weight the excess protein can actually almost act like a carb.

I find this stuff so fascinating for some reason, probably because I used to have a weight issue and now I'm trying to stay as lean as possible. I think the key is to find what works for you, avoid most of the bro science but keep mind that whatever the goal is it's possible to achieve it with proper discipline and research beforehand and during.

When I was heavy I went to the library and online and read and read about what really works. The whole paleo method made the most sense to me but honestly it's just cutting out processed foods. If you cut it out little by little you will see a difference. If you are overweight and you cut it all out of your diet and add in cardio and weight-training then you are sure to see results quickly. The main issue for most people that lose weight is keeping it off. I believe you have change your whole lifestyle forever, not just for a while.

I went from 322 lbs to 170 which was far too lean because I had that skinny fat look. I started lifting a lot more and added much more healthy food and I got up to 190 lbs, I've been at about 185 for a while now eating high-fat, lots of green veg and a moderate amount of protein. Higher than most people. My goal is to get below 10% bf eventually. I'm 36 and in better shape now than any time in my life, considering I was in the worst shape ever three years ago says a lot about where dedication and discipline can get someone.

CavemanBJJ

Oct 19, 2015
Leigh @Leigh are you still doing 5x5? Do you change reps sets at all? Explosions are your ups? Are you using dumbbells or anything

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Leigh @Leigh are you still doing 5x5? Do you change reps sets at all? Explosions are your ups? Are you using dumbbells or anything
Yes still do 5x5 with 60% 1rm. Don't really change rep/set range. I add a little weight to my single leg squats and pull ups. I should accelerate on the up but don't always.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Doesn't too much protein have a negative effect on your blood glucose levels especially if you are cutting out most carbs?

I lost weight eating low carb veg and high amounts of protein but I've researched a bit that as you get close to your ideal body weight the excess protein can actually almost act like a carb.

I find this stuff so fascinating for some reason, probably because I used to have a weight issue and now I'm trying to stay as lean as possible. I think the key is to find what works for you, avoid most of the bro science but keep mind that whatever the goal is it's possible to achieve it with proper discipline and research beforehand and during.

When I was heavy I went to the library and online and read and read about what really works. The whole paleo method made the most sense to me but honestly it's just cutting out processed foods. If you cut it out little by little you will see a difference. If you are overweight and you cut it all out of your diet and add in cardio and weight-training then you are sure to see results quickly. The main issue for most people that lose weight is keeping it off. I believe you have change your whole lifestyle forever, not just for a while.

I went from 322 lbs to 170 which was far too lean because I had that skinny fat look. I started lifting a lot more and added much more healthy food and I got up to 190 lbs, I've been at about 185 for a while now eating high-fat, lots of green veg and a moderate amount of protein. Higher than most people. My goal is to get below 10% bf eventually. I'm 36 and in better shape now than any time in my life, considering I was in the worst shape ever three years ago says a lot about where dedication and discipline can get someone.
Well done on the weight loss :)

Protein will produce an insulin response but not to the same level as carbs. It gets me fucking RIPPED.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Great thread. I am also interested after getting too fat, losing a bit and now stalling.

CavemanBJJ

Oct 19, 2015
Down 3 lbs since Sunday cut out bread and cheat meals this week, upped my sprints, and added another day of bodyweight circuit using Leigh @Leigh plan, modified.

Also helps I've been eating fresh caught fish this week

Last edited:

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Down 3 lbs since Sunday cut out bread and cheat meals this week, upped my sprints, and added another day of bodyweight circuit using Leigh @Leigh plan, modified.

Also helps I've been eating fresh caught fish this week
Well done mate :)

I've been eating ice creams, chocolates and crisps :)

CavemanBJJ

Oct 19, 2015
Well that sounds wonderful, I eat good on my diet but I miss some things, my bday is Sunday so we're doing a bbq and bourbon instead of cakes and shit. Probably a lil moonshine as well