Help me out

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Let me start by saying I have nothing but respect for those that compete inside the squared circle but the popularity of some characters baffles me.

Those off the top of my head.
Bayley
Rollins
Strowman

Again, this is referring to in-ring persona. I watch UpUpDownDown and see that in real life they're all quite likeable.

Last edited:

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
Bayley in NXT was pretty much the female John Cena. Except everyone liked her. She was able to appeal to older wrestling fans, as well as the preteen female demographic. Her aura has been reduced significantly on the main roster, but some are holding on to hope.

Seth Rollins is a workhorse who frequently puts out great performances, very apparent with his recent IC run. Excellent matches, and was originally presumed to be the break out face of the Shield. Even more so his return from injury was very HHH 2002-esque, people wanted to cheer him. He is an incredible pro wrassler.

Braun Strowman is 99% of the time is in very worthwhile segments, usually showcasing his strength. As well as his character being portrayed on Austin/Rock levels of no fucks given, appeals to a lot of fandoms. Spot fest lovers, Attitude Era lovers, and his in ring work has consistently improved. From flipping ambulances to just throwing people, he is always in discussions of hot things in wrestling.
Edit for Braun: Long story short, larger than life character the Fed has been lacking for some time

Last edited:

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
I didnt know what thread to put this in, but if people not being over with everyone, is perfect. If Roman does a debuting Kurt Angle gimmick where he gives out at the crowd for not cheering him in the middle of matches, he’d get over. Can you imagine?

“Why y’all booing? Because Taker lost at Mania? He already did that to Lesnar”

Think thatd make a considerably amount of people like him. Poking fun at the whole thing and also heel gimmicks usually get way more over nowadays