Help me remember Big John's UFC suspension

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I recall that UFC was upset that Big John McCarthy was reffing Affliction shows.

I recall Big John not being allowed to ref in ANY UFC event for a short time, not just in Vegas. Is this correct?

I know for fact John wasn't allowed to ref any UFC events in Vegas, but am I mistaken or was Big John not working any UFC events while he was also reffing for Affliction?

I re-researched this issue and what comes up from google is that Big John had beef with Keith Kizer head guy at Nevada State Athletic Commission(NSAC) and Keith was preventing Big John from getting his referee license renewed making the weak excuse that NSAC was "too busy" to get to his application.

Just going off memory(or facts backed with links), does anyone else Big John being on the outs with UFC during this same time period and he didn't ref any fights?

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
It was as you say an issue with being licensed in Nevada. The ufc did have some beef with him and I believe they asked commissions in states he was licensed to simply not pick him to work their shows.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
What time period did this happen and is there anything online that can be found that talks about Big John not reffing in UFC not just in Vegas but at all?

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
What time period did this happen and is there anything online that can be found that talks about Big John not reffing in UFC not just in Vegas but at all?
Looks like John also had words for some commissions as well. Since technically the ufc doesn’t pick the refs I don’t think there will be much on it. But like mazzagatti we know how that goes.