Help Needed! Weightcutting Poll!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

The Sound of Violence

Host of a podcast about mma podcasts
Oct 28, 2015
Hey Everybody! A buddy of mine is working on a paper about MMA in San Diego/Tijuana. If you've cut weight before and can answer a few quick questions it'd be a huge help and I'll owe ya a beer! I've included the info on the poll below:

"I am collecting anonymous information about your perceptions about weight-cutting in combat sports for an informal survey I am doing for a story package for my journalism class 430. The data from this survey will be published on my website in my story package. If you are interested in seeing the survey results and story, please email me (chris.madaffer@gmail.com) and I will send you the link when it is published. If you are not interested in participating, you can opt out anytime. Thank you for your time and consideration!"

Click here to take the survey and thanks for helping out!

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I took the survey...cutting weight sucks..but there's a proper way to maintain natural body weight and within a reasonable weight class..there's being lazy on your diet between fights a ballooning up and there's trying to cut for a distinct advantage when your body is too lean for that particular weight..then you are in being detrimental regardless..eating garbage was a big problem for me..because me eating right and training regularly I am about 180Ish fully hydrated..then making 171 is cake..Then there's going on month long promotion trip and eating reckless and not keeping a steady pattern..that's when I could get up to 202 porked up...and that's not good on your body to fluctuate like some guys do..but it's the game we play and it's a dangerous one..

The Sound of Violence

Host of a podcast about mma podcasts
Oct 28, 2015
I took the survey...cutting weight sucks..but there's a proper way to maintain natural body weight and within a reasonable weight class..there's being lazy on your diet between fights a ballooning up and there's trying to cut for a distinct advantage when your body is too lean for that particular weight..then you are in being detrimental regardless..eating garbage was a big problem for me..because me eating right and training regularly I am about 180Ish fully hydrated..then making 171 is cake..Then there's going on month long promotion trip and eating reckless and not keeping a steady pattern..that's when I could get up to 202 porked up...and that's not good on your body to fluctuate like some guys do..but it's the game we play and it's a dangerous one..
Thanks for the help and the info man! Definitely owe ya a beer if you're ever in San Diego!

M

member 603

Interesting survey, at most I've cut 15 lbs... If I needed to cut more than that, then I've fucked up in my diet, or I'm fighting too small.

Diet is probably the most overlooked aspect of weight cuts, most guys eat like crap, then think that it's all about cutting water weight, and nearly kill themselves because they couldn't lay off the Cheetos and beer for a month