Hendricks/Woodley Cancelled

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

According to Hendricks' manager Ted Ehrhardt, Hendricks suffered a blockage in his intestine last night while cutting weight, as well as a kidney stone. He was rushed to the emergency room and had to be given an IV. UFC president Dana White announced via Twitter Friday morning that Hendricks-Woodley was off due to "Hendricks weight cut issues."

At Thursday's media day, Hendricks said he weighed 183 pounds, which he was happy with. The former UFC welterweight champion has struggled with weight cutting throughout his career, and earlier this year he made headlines when he parted ways with famed MMA nutrionist Mike Dolce.

"The weight was coming off fine and then yesterday my body just started to shut down," Hendricks said. "Then yesterday my body just started to shut down. When it hit that point, I tried to push through it, and well, it didn't go well because then I had to go to the ER."

Hendricks said he is no longer in the hospital but, "the body is hurting bad and sore from it. The body hasn't recovered from it yet, but maybe it will tomorrow."

LINK: Johny Hendricks forced out of UFC 192 fight after being rushed to emergency room - MMA Fighting

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
So much for title talk, right. Make 170 Johnny.

Last edited:

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
So, much for title talk right. Make 170 Johnny.
Yea he just blew his shot at fighting for the title in 2015/2016 imo. I wonder what his excuse will be. He lives in Texas so it's not like his luggage got lost on a flight or the time zone difference is messing with him

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
How the hell do you talk so,much shit and pout, then miss weight...Unprofessional as hell and on top of that it robs T Wood of his hard work and dedication...Second guy that's done this to him....Ill never root for Hendricks even if he fights Bisping...Also it ruined it for US the fans...Taking pics of him shirtless claiming hes revitalized and he pulls this shit... Go cry in your cornflakes some more, maybe he should try fat free milk next time..

Last edited:

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
WOW, that's incredibly disappointing.

I watched the UFC embedded episodes Hendricks looked very lean. I really thought he had his weight under control this time around.

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
I wonder if it's PED related and has something with the new drug testing. I'm not fighter bashing or outright accusing but I have my own suspicions going back to the GSP fight.

kingdazy

pugilist punch-head
Aug 15, 2015

super bummed

yeah, he didn't miss weight. (or wouldn't have, from what I'm reading?)
I feel (sorta*) bad for the guy. he was on point and prepped for this. I was hoping he w could redeem himself, just a bit.

dehydration and excess protein, major causes for kidney stones. kinda ironic that his steakhouse got him again, just in a different way.

(*it's hard to feel bad for a guy who's whined and complained so much, post GSP. I was pretty stoked on the fellow and his straight left, all the way to that point.)

Last edited:

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Even if his medical emergency is secondary to the weight cut, I'm curious why Dana would phrase the cancellation as due to "weight cut issues." Kind of a shitty way to frame it.

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
Lmao high level seasoned fighters having weight cut issues. I reckon its more to do with Hendricks than Woodley

CaffeineBomb

Sep 8, 2015
Seen a few suggestions on Twitter that given Welterweight is a big division and they miss weight so often, it might be fairer to split the division ino 165 & 175.

Actually think it's a really good idea:
  • Gives a straightforward continuum of 10lb differences from 125 to 185.
  • There's definitely more than a few "lightweights" that would love to fight at 165 and may well have to go to welterweight once the IV ban comes in.
  • Fighters like Whittaker who've proven better at 185 could easily adjust to 175 and no longer have to fight the 210+ monsters at the top of the division.
  • Fighters that continually struggle to hit 170 like Hendricks would have a little bit of breathing room.

kingdazy

pugilist punch-head
Aug 15, 2015
Seen a few suggestions on Twitter that given Welterweight is a big division and they miss weight so often, it might be fairer to split the division ino 165 & 175.

Actually think it's a really good idea:
  • Gives a straightforward continuum of 10lb differences from 125 to 185.
  • There's definitely more than a few "lightweights" that would love to fight at 165 and may well have to go to welterweight once the IV ban comes in.
  • Fighters like Whittaker who've proven better at 185 could easily adjust to 175 and no longer have to fight the 210+ monsters at the top of the division.
  • Fighters that continually struggle to hit 170 like Hendricks would have a little bit of breathing room.
I wouldn't mind another div in that area.
open up to some new fighters and matchmaking, give a little wiggle room for fighters to find the correct div.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Damn that sucks for everyone involved. Woodley who has busted his ass, the UFC that promoted the fight, Johny who was trying to get back to a title shot, and the fans that were excited to see this fight happen.

Wish Johny the best. Kidney stones are a motherfucker.