Henry Cavill Reportly Quits Superman Role

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Per the Hollywood Reporter, the actor has apparently parted ways with Warner Bros. after three films in the role.

Following Man of Steel, Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice and Justice League, Cavill was in talks to cameo in the upcoming Shazam! According to THR, contract talks broke down, and the chances for a further appearance are all but through.

Link: Henry Cavill Reportedly Quits Superman Role - IGN

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Per the Hollywood Reporter, the actor has apparently parted ways with Warner Bros. after three films in the role.

Following Man of Steel, Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice and Justice League, Cavill was in talks to cameo in the upcoming Shazam! According to THR, contract talks broke down, and the chances for a further appearance are all but through.

Link: Henry Cavill Reportedly Quits Superman Role - IGN
Terrible. WB had the right cast and the wrong scripts imo.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Wow something must have happened. Wonder who will play it next. I actually thought he was pretty good as superman. You almost have to have that look of a normal person with clothes on but be pretty jacked when the shirt comes off. Even though they use that muscle suit. That is why i think it will be tough to find a new wolverine.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Wow something must have happened. Wonder who will play it next. I actually thought he was pretty good as superman. You almost have to have that look of a normal person with clothes on but be pretty jacked when the shirt comes off. Even though they use that muscle suit. That is why i think it will be tough to find a new wolverine.
Warner Bros wanted him to have a cameo in the Shazam movie but due to Cavill filming Mission Impossible he couldn't do it.
Out of frustration the studio is no longer interested in him and are taking the DC movies in a new Superman-less direction.
A shame because he absolutely has the classic look of Superman.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
I think they will have a tough time recasting another Superman

Time for Supergirl i suppose.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
No Batman, no Superman, the Flash movie is in limbo. I think we're passed a franchise reboot.
They made an effort.

M

member 1013

Only thing that could save the DCEU now would be Thor showing up and cleaning house with storm breaker