Henry Cejudo says he’ll ‘finish’ T.J. Dillashaw even ‘quicker’ at bantamweight

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Henry Cejudo got the job done against T.J. Dillashaw in just 32-seconds at UFC Fight Night 143, and the reigning flyweight champion believes he would look even more dominant at 135-pounds.

When asked about his thoughts on a rematch with Dillashaw at bantamweight, this was ‘The Messenger’s’ response:

“Maybe I’m gonna finish him quicker,” Cejudo said in a joking manner at a recent media scrum in Brazil.

Cejudo dropped Dillashaw several times at UFC Fight Night 143, before referee Kevin MacDonald was forced to intervene and put a stop to the action.

Dillashaw, however, is furious with the result and believes the fight was stopped too early.

“This is not right. It’s complete bullsh-t.…

Cejudo says he’ll ‘finish’ TJ even ‘quicker’ at bantamweight

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
After TJ's reaction to his last TKO I would love to see that happen. Aldo's fight this weekend was stopped way sooner and there was no outrage.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
After TJ's reaction to his last TKO I would love to see that happen. Aldo's fight this weekend was stopped way sooner and there was no outrage.
I disagree. The shots Moicano was taking were much worse than the ones TJ was taking, and for a longer duration, unanswered or defended.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
He may be able to finish TJ again, but not inside a minute. The fight was definitely stopped early, but TJ will not (and should not) be granted a rematch. I'm starting to get sick of the champ champ shit. He was given a shot and didn't deliver. He needs to go back to his own weight class.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
I disagree. The shots Moicano was taking were much worse than the ones TJ was taking, and for a longer duration, unanswered or defended.
Longer duration? Lol.

Much worse? I guess that's why he never got dropped and still had his hands up to defend himself?

Unanswered? How did TJ answer the shots? By getting dropped again?

This is a terrible opinion. If you want to believe a fighter has to 'go out' for it to be a correct stoppage like some dipshits do, fine, but to argue that the Moicano stoppage was better than the TJ one is ridiculous.

Both were perfectly reasonable stoppages. No amount of whining will ever change that.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
Also, shows how often unwitting fans are sucked into parroting exactly what Dana want them to think.

Moicano went to protest his stoppage too. Had he been given air time to whine like TJ, Dana backed him up and Rogan backed him up, then idiots on forums would be making a big deal out of it too. That's the only difference here (other than the Moicano stoppage actually being earlier).

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
Also, shows how often unwitting fans are sucked into parroting exactly what Dana want them to think.

Moicano went to protest his stoppage too. Had he been given air time to whine like TJ, Dana backed him up and Rogan backed him up, then idiots on forums would be making a big deal out of it too. That's the only difference here (other than the Moicano stoppage actually being earlier).
I don't care what Dana has to say about a stoppage.

I'm not saying this to say that the TJ stoppage was an extraordinarily bad one. I just think Moicano was more hurt than TJ was. The shots he took were much worse.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
I get it, though. Anyone who disagrees with you is an idiot shill who probably has a Joe Rogan tattoo.
Didn't direct that at you, was more of a broad statement that your post prompted. I know you're not an idiot - hence why I have no problem going after you, as I wouldn't bother with an idiot.

Moicano was getting bombed on, no doubt. Aldo hits harder than Henry of course. But to say he was more hurt just doesn't add up. He wasn't going down and he had his hands up trying to defend - it wasn't a Nunes-Ronda situation. The fact is TJ got dropped 2-3 times, Moicano 0. That matters a bit.

The main problem I have is that for every Barry-Kongo, Edgar-Maynard, Brock-Carwin, Maldonado-Fedor, Sakuraba-Galesic, there's far more where the ref fucks up bad. Weidman-Munoz happened really quickly, but it doesn't mean it wasn't awful, for example.

It's dumb to whine about the TJ stoppage and it's perfectly reasonable to point out a stoppage like this, where the guy doesn't even go down, as to why.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
Didn't direct that at you, was more of a broad statement that your post prompted. I know you're not an idiot - hence why I have no problem going after you, as I wouldn't bother with an idiot.

Moicano was getting bombed on, no doubt. Aldo hits harder than Henry of course. But to say he was more hurt just doesn't add up. He wasn't going down and he had his hands up trying to defend - it wasn't a Nunes-Ronda situation. The fact is TJ got dropped 2-3 times, Moicano 0. That matters a bit.

The main problem I have is that for every Barry-Kongo, Edgar-Maynard, Brock-Carwin, Maldonado-Fedor, Sakuraba-Galesic, there's far more where the ref fucks up bad. Weidman-Munoz happened really quickly, but it doesn't mean it wasn't awful, for example.

It's dumb to whine about the TJ stoppage and it's perfectly reasonable to point out a stoppage like this, where the guy doesn't even go down, as to why.
I can’t argue with a lot of that. I think it’s easy to say that TJ was more hurt because Moicano didn’t go down, but I think it’s more complicated than that. There are varying degrees of hurt, and I think Moicano had taken more damage while TJ’s equilibrium was more off. Renato got bombed on clean for much longer than Cejudo had after he hurt Dillashaw. Imo the TJ one could have gone a bit longer but I would have rather it be stopped when it did than too late.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
I can’t argue with a lot of that. I think it’s easy to say that TJ was more hurt because Moicano didn’t go down, but I think it’s more complicated than that. There are varying degrees of hurt, and I think Moicano had taken more damage while TJ’s equilibrium was more off. Renato got bombed on clean for much longer than Cejudo had after he hurt Dillashaw. Imo the TJ one could have gone a bit longer but I would have rather it be stopped when it did than too late.
I think the main thing is that it's a disgrace that the ref in the TJ-Henry fight got so much hate, regardless of whether or not in hindsight it was perfect.

BJM was a piece of shit in throwing MacDonald under the bus, as he would never have done that to Herb or Goddard for the same stoppage and has done much worse himself.

I'm not one of those dipshits who takes 'fighter safety' too far the other way and says every 'early' stoppage is fine, but fuck, he was dropped several times. Man in the arena has to make his call and it was perfectly understandable. Same in the Moicano fight.

M

member 3289

I could not understand why no one was upset about that.

Terrible stoppage