Henry Cejudo vs. Jose Aldo set for UFC 250

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015

“Triple C” will attempt to make a once-dominant ex-champ bend the knee.

Former two-division champ and current bantamweight titleholder Henry Cejudo will face ex-featherweight champ at UFC 250, which takes place May 9 in Sao Paulo. The news was first confirmed by UFC broadcast partner ESPN.com after Combate reported it was in the works to serve as the pay-per-view event’s headliner. A person with knowledge of the booking also confirmed the pending matchup to MMA Fighting.

UFC 250 takes place at Ginasio do Ibirapuera in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

View: https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/1232037193486487552?s=20

Cejudo called for a matchup with Aldo following the ex-champ’s debut at bantamweight, which came at UFC 245 and ended in a controversial decision loss to Marlon Moraes, whom Cejudo defeated to capture the bantamweight title.

Despite loud protests from contenders within the bantamweight division, Cejudo was able to get the matchup with Aldo after relinquishing the flyweight title, which will go to a new champion on Saturday when Joseph Benavidez faces Deiveson Figueiredo at UFC Norfolk.

A shoulder injury delayed Cejudo’s return to the octagon, and the former champ-champ was coy about his plans for defending his dual titles. After giving up the flyweight belt, he narrowed in on Aldo, whose move to bantamweight came after a 2-3 run in the featherweight division he once reigned.

The Brazilian’s physical appearance caused much concern prior to his fight with Moraes. But he successfully made weight and kept the onetime title challenger on his heels throughout the bout, leading many MMA observers to conclude he was the rightful winner.

Full story here:
Henry Cejudo vs. Jose Aldo set for UFC 250

steroid to heaven

Colonize the Sun
Dec 23, 2015
aldo is half dead now, slower and chinny
way past his prime
he should still be a better striker than cejudo
i just wonder if henry will take him down or just stand n wang

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I don't care about this matchup at all, partly because they screwed Moraes & announcers are dictating company decisions.
But also partly because what happens with the result, or afterward?
Cejudo gets douchier, or Aldo gets in line in a orchestrated rematch for Conor years too late and in Conor's favor.
The UFC's matchmaking & methods are atrocious for fans, and perfect for the company.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
I don't care about this matchup at all, partly because they screwed Moraes & announcers are dictating company decisions.
But also partly because what happens with the result, or afterward?
Cejudo gets douchier, or Aldo gets in line in a orchestrated rematch for Conor years too late and in Conor's favor.
The UFC's matchmaking & methods are atrocious for fans, and perfect for the company.
LOL at 'orchestrated rematch for Conor'.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
LOL at 'orchestrated rematch for Conor'.
That's exactly what they're attempting.
Either Cejudo gets pumped up more or Aldo waits in the wings for when Conor jumps divisions after losing in another.
They need a fight for money bags in all 3 divisions at all times.
Marlon ain't that guy.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
That's exactly what they're attempting.
Either Cejudo gets pumped up more or Aldo waits in the wings for when Conor jumps divisions after losing in another.
They need a fight for money bags in all 3 divisions at all times.
Marlon ain't that guy.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Aldo can't kick anymore, so it takes away his biggest threat, plus makes him one dimensional. Real shame.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Cejudo wins.

he beat DJ, Aldo is much slower.
Debatable on the second fight with dj, imo. First dj fight, no debate. What I can say is he should be fighting the best, but this fight shows he is not. I don't like it, but will be rooting for aldo.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Debatable on the second fight with dj, imo. First dj fight, no debate. What I can say is he should be fighting the best, but this fight shows he is not. I don't like it, but will be rooting for aldo.
Yea 2nd fight was close, DJ could have won. They took his title defense record away with that fight!! But then when it’s Jon Jones, they let him set the record.
UFC hates midgets!!

kristian82

Feb 26, 2020
how is Aldo gonna smoke him?
He's gonna outbox him, show there is levels to striking and then he's gonna stuff every single one of the manlet's takedowns. See UFC 200 Aldo vs Edgar for an example of what will happen.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
He's gonna outbox him, show there is levels to striking and then he's gonna stuff every single one of the manlet's takedowns. See UFC 200 Aldo vs Edgar for an example of what will happen.
i thought style makes fights

Edgar doesn't fight like Cejudo, and Cejudo's wrestling is lightyears above anyone Aldo has ever faced.

Aldo doesn't kick as much, so you think Aldo will just box Cejudo to the victory?

if Aldo wants to use footwork and speed, not like Cejudo haven't seen it from a faster guy with better footwork like DJ

kristian82

Feb 26, 2020
i thought style makes fights

Edgar doesn't fight like Cejudo, and Cejudo's wrestling is lightyears above anyone Aldo has ever faced.

Aldo doesn't kick as much, so you think Aldo will just box Cejudo to the victory?

if Aldo wants to use footwork and speed, not like Cejudo haven't seen it from a faster guy with better footwork like DJ
He barely kicked at UFC 200. Yes I think he'll just box him to victory. DJ doesn't have anything like Aldo's boxing ability or power.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
He barely kicked at UFC 200. Yes I think he'll just box him to victory. DJ doesn't have anything like Aldo's boxing ability or power.
you need more than boxing ability or power against a strong wrestler with all around skills.

DJ has way more tools (footwork) than Aldo. So does Juiced up Dillashaw. Aldo's chin has been long gone~ I'm rooting for Aldo but tripleC wins.