General Here we go again - wtf m8's. Cop comes to woman's house, kills her.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Dean has declined to speak with investigators since Saturday, the warrant states.

He first refused to be interviewed by the detectives in the immediate aftermath of the shooting, and his attorneys told police that he was going to provide a written statement at a later date, according to the document.

In most police shootings, officers give an oral or written statement about what happened for an internal investigation, either immediately after the shooting or within 72 hours.
BeardOfKnowledge @JonJonesBeard

What say you? Most cops release a statement within 72 hours? he couldn't draft a letter with his lawyers within 3 days describing the events?

Can the fidelity of his statement be maintained if he cannot describe the events within 3 days? That's what I would be wondering as a jury or a judge.

If the statement is drafted later how accurate can it be? Or is it simply a ploy to come up with a better story?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
If memory serves medical malpractice is the third leading cause of death in America. When a doctor fucks up and costs someone their life, are you out for justice then too? or is that instance of someone entrusting their life to a professional somehow different?
If a doctor is so egregious, as some have been (see Dallas dr death) yes. Fuck em. Just like this cop shot someone through a window while they played Xbox in their own home . At some point, some things are so far off the reservation that they are not inside that same purview of defense.

Also, again first thing in medicine when you screw up. Admit it and apologize.

Turns out the courts are harder when you hide too...(so it's not just good medicine and patient care It's also a good legal tactic.) like a cop that refuses to speak after a shooting when everybody else does. Cops got a lawyer. Draft your letter.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
What say you?
The same thing I say anytime anything happens. We have a justice system for a reason, let it play out instead of jumping to the first easiest conclusion. I'm pretty sure it's still "Innocent until proven guilty." rather than "Guilty because there's a dogshit bodycam video."

If the statement is drafted later how accurate can it be? Or is it simply a ploy to come up with a better story?
My guess would be the defense strategy is "Wait until the heat dies down in the town square before saying anything." I watched the bodycam, but admittedly didn't pour over it. That being said, the bodycam shows him walking up to a window yelling and then shooting. Now, he made multiple mistakes throughout but I didn't see anything that would convince me he didn't have a gun pointed at him and then open fire.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
If a doctor is so egregious, as some have been (see Dallas dr death) yes. Fuck em. Just like this cop shot someone through a window while they played Xbox in their own home . At some point, some things are so far off the reservation that they are not inside that same purview of defense.

Also, again first thing in medicine when you screw up. Admit it and apologize.

Turns out the courts are harder when you hide too...(so it's not just good medicine and patient care It's also a good legal tactic.) like a cop that refuses to speak after a shooting when everybody else does. Cops got a lawyer. Draft your letter.
You really don't see the disproportionate coverage (and in turn public reaction) of police related deaths vs doctor related ones?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
You really don't see the disproportionate coverage of police related deaths vs doctor related ones?
you didn't say anything about coverage so again I'm stuck trying to figure out your implication.

You asked if I was out for justice, not if I thought there was something disproportionate about the coverage

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
you didn't say anything about coverage so again I'm stuck trying to figure out your implication.

You asked if I was out for justice, not if I thought there was something disproportionate about the coverage
I don't know what implication you're talking about, but I can try to fill in whatever gaps you have.

You made a post about how medicine conducts itself when there's a fuck up. I'm pointing out that what you're saying is untrue. If only 1 out of 1000 malpractice deaths were egregious, we'd still have a major story almost every day. Instead there's none, but people demand officers be raked over the coals anytime anything happens.

maurice

Posting Machine
Oct 21, 2015
It's unconstitutional to punish somebody for taking the 5th, either at trial or at sentencing.

That being said, it happens all the time because people don't take their oaths seriously.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
You're not saying "They'll go easier on him if he cooperates." you're saying "I hope they go harder on him if he doesn't co-operate." Those are 2 very different things.

Fair enough. That wasn't my intent. My intentions as above where I spelled it out.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Or is it simply a ploy to come up with a better story?
It is 100% about coming up with the best story, hiding behind the ruse of the officer being too stressed to immediately make a statement after a shooting.

If civilians don't get that luxury, neither should cops.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
but people demand officers be raked over the coals anytime anything happens.
Are you talking in generalities or about this event in particular? I usually side with cops and agree with your statement in a general sense, but this event is about as bad as it gets.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Are you talking in generalities or about this event in particular? I usually side with cops and agree with your statement in a general sense, but this event is about as bad as it gets.
This is where Im at. BeardOfKnowledge @JonJonesBeard even made this about me being harsh lately.

The reality is that the two worst officers shoots I've seen in the last...years? Ever? Just occured in my state in the same metroplex. Yeah I'm invested.
I was equally harsh about that Somali guy that killed the Australian lady. He too was a terrible shoot. We just didn't have a body came to show how egregious it was. And that was a while ago.

I'm also equally supportive of cops in the face of public criticism such as the guy with the gun that was killed outside a store in Baton Rouge after flashing a gun at someone, then resisting. People protested but that was a good shot.

And the cops were wrong on Philando Castille as they created the confusion situation, though I understand why the law lets the cop off. And I mostly think the law needs a standard change and the department a civil suit.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Generalities but as I stated before I didn't see the egregious behavior in the body cam footage that I'm hearing about. I'm not saying it didn't happen I'm saying the quality of video I'm watching doesn't convince me the cop wasn't acting in what he thought was appropriate given the circumstances.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
You also piled on the Hong Kong protestor shooting when there's multiple videos that should 100% exonerate his actions.

"Piled on" ??
Lol I said I didn't think it was justified when the question was raised directly to me. Was that really so strongly worded? I hardly "piled on".

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Generalities but as I stated before I didn't see the egregious behavior in the body cam footage that I'm hearing about. I'm not saying it didn't happen I'm saying the quality of video I'm watching doesn't convince me the cop wasn't acting in what he thought was appropriate given the circumstances.
Snooping around someone's residence for a welfare check? A welfare check usually consists of knocking on the door and yelling "Police here. Everyone OK in there?" Not snooping around the yard with a flashlight and shooting the first thing you see move inside the house.

That's about as bad as it gets.

Last edited:

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
was there even a full second between "hands up" and shot fired?
No.

Which disproves the claim that he drew his weapon when he perceived a threat. Dude had his gun out already.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
only way it could get worse as if he walked into her house and shot her while she was eating ice cream.
I see what you did there.

But she made a mistake, was off duty and reacted to the situation she thought she was in.

He was on duty and created his own tense situation by being an incompetent idiot.

M

member 3289

This is where Im at. BeardOfKnowledge @JonJonesBeard even made this about me being harsh lately.

The reality is that the two worst officers shoots I've seen in the last...years? Ever? Just occured in my state in the same metroplex. Yeah I'm invested.
Maybe Florida could send some of our officers to the DFW area to train your guys?