Here We Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
you're not considering "if Brock continued to wrestle..."

plus Cormier didn't win the best of the world, was like Pan Am games and other stuff he won Bronze

you're exaggerating how much more it matters in MMA if you wrestled much longer, it's about how you utilize it in MMA, Cormier is great against guys who were less-skilled than him, but he couldn't take down guys like Jones or Miocic, both have lesser accomplishments in wrestling than DC
if Brock thought he could make the National team, he would have continued to wrestle.

Beside doing WWE, everything Brock did Stephen Neal did better. He beat Brock for a National title, he made the US National Team, and he actually played in the NFL for several years and won a bunch of SuperBowl rings. Brock didn't continue to wrestle because there were much more skilled wrestlers ahead of him and coming up.

a better argument would be "if Brock had started wrestling when Cormier did..."

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
oh look!
Words!

i've forgotten more about college wrestling than I'll ever know.

or something.
You're ignoring his consistent career of athletic success without having any innate ability or spending any significant time in any of the sports he competed in.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
You're ignoring his consistent career of athletic success without having any innate ability or spending any significant time in any of the sports he competed in.
you're ignoring the gap between guys who've been competing at the highest level and guys with innate athleticism.
Brock tried to do everything that Stephen Neal did, and couldn't.
He settled for WWE/MMA because those were the best options available. Neal played in the NFL and won World Championships...

so let me ask you this: do you think Brock went to WWE development league instead of the NFL/USA Wrestling for the pay, or for the recognition?

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
you're ignoring the gap between guys who've been competing at the highest level and guys with innate athleticism.
He settled for WWE/MMA because those were the best options available. Neal played in the NFL and won World Championships...

so let me ask you this: do you think Brock went to WWE development league instead of the NFL/USA Wrestling for the pay, or for the recognition?
He went for the pay. Hes said that publicly, he didn't go to the NFL because he didnt play football.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
He went for the pay. Hes said that publicly, he didn't go to the NFL because he didnt play football.
so you think he was going to beat Stephen Neal for that spot on the national team? After Neal had been training full-time with professional athletes for the National Team by the time Lesnar graduate college?

you should change your SN to BrockLesnarTinyShrunkenNuthugger

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Wes Hand was 1-1 with Peak College Lesnar, only losing by a point on an escape with a few seconds left in 2OT.

he sells medical equipment for a living now.
But Brock says he could have dominated at the International level, so it must be true.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
so you think he was going to beat Stephen Neal for that spot on the national team? After Neal had been training full-time with professional athletes for the National Team by the time Lesnar graduate college?

you should change your SN to BrockLesnarTinyShrunkenNuthugger
One of the two people you're talking about is still a professional athlete. So do you want to continue down this path about Brock not being a different kind of athlete than the people he participated against, or you good?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
One of the two people you're talking about is still a professional athlete. So do you want to continue down this path about Brock not being a different kind of athlete than the people he participated against, or you good?
you haven't provided a single bit of evidence that Brock was 'special' as collegiate wrestler, you're drinking Kool-Aid.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
^ please don't think i mean he's not a special athlete.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
you haven't provided a single bit of evidence that Brock was 'special' as collegiate wrestler, you're drinking Kool-Aid.
I don't think I ever said he was "special" as a collegiate wrestler. He was good, and people fondled themselves over him.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I don't think I ever said he was "special" as a collegiate wrestler. He was good, and people fondled themselves over him.
he's a different kind of athlete, but he could not have dominated International wrestling, or even won consistently.

He had a look that was more marketable than his talent. That's why he went to OVW and instead of NFL or US Nationals.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
he's a different kind of athlete, but he could not have dominated International wrestling, or even won consistently.

He had a look that was more marketable than his talent. That's why he went to OVW and instead of NFL or US Nationals.
I have trouble believing that someone who's never fully committed to anything, and been succesful in spite of that, couldn't have excelled at a specific sport if he had focused solely on it.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
if Brock thought he could make the National team, he would have continued to wrestle.

Beside doing WWE, everything Brock did Stephen Neal did better. He beat Brock for a National title, he made the US National Team, and he actually played in the NFL for several years and won a bunch of SuperBowl rings. Brock didn't continue to wrestle because there were much more skilled wrestlers ahead of him and coming up.

a better argument would be "if Brock had started wrestling when Cormier did..."
the core of the argument is about if Brock's wrestling is effective against Jones in MMA.

Cormier wasn't able to do shit to Jones or Miocic with all of his wrestling experience.

what I'm saying is Brock might be more effective with using his size and combining his wrestling skills than Cormier at the HW and might have a better chance vs Jones.

all this other talk about their wrestling accomplishment is just side stuff

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
the core of the argument is about if Brock's wrestling is effective against Jones in MMA.

Cormier wasn't able to do shit to Jones or Miocic with all of his wrestling experience.

what I'm saying is Brock might be more effective with using his size and combining his wrestling skills than Cormier at the HW and might have a better chance vs Jones.

all this other talk about their wrestling accomplishment is just side stuff
Brock doesn't take getting hit very well, and JBJ is very good at hitting people. If Brock doesn't have the blast double, he has trouble.

Same as in wrestling.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Brock doesn't take getting hit very well, and JBJ is very good at hitting people. If Brock doesn't have the blast double, he has trouble.

Same as in wrestling.
only time JBJ had knocked down another fighter was Machida, but it wasn't all his strength. Machida's momentum coming in played a role in that. Other than that, none at LHW.

at HW, much different. Brock ate some shots from Carwin and survived.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Lesnar ain’t coming back, this is his usual play to renegotiate his contract with the WWE
I don't understand why Dana is having is top inactive Heel come back and fight his top active Heel. He should have Lesnar do a run-in on JBJs HW title match with Stipe. Then DC jumps out of the announce booth and over the cage to save Stipe.

Now you're setup for a an epic tag-team run with a ton of angles in and out.

Makes no sense to do it this way.

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015

I thought this was about DC vs. Brock. When did neal enter the mma scene?

Last edited:

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I thought this was about DC vs. Brock. When did neal enter the mma scene?
it was about "Brock could have done what DC did if he wanted to"...which is bullshit. Stephen Neal did all the stuff Brock did (and succeeded where Brock failed) except Wrasslin, does that mean Stephen Neal would have been an amazing wrassler? Of course not, because Brock has other qualities that made him extra-successful at that - just like DC had other qualities that made him extra-special at wrestling/MMA. Brock's athleticism earned him one US collegiate championship, and to say he could have "Leveled Up" to DC's wrestling level is naive about what it takes to dominate on the professional international circuit compared to a national collegiate one.