Lifestyle Hip Hop

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
February is Black history month, and I'm tributing one of the greatest gifts an African American culture gave to the world, The Hip-Hop Culture.

Hip Hop is an art form that consists many different elements of various art. (MC'ing, B-Boying, DJ-ing, Graffiti)
Hip-Hop is easy to understand as a culture, which started in some old raggedy ass apartment by some DJs scratching their records on a turn-table, rigging their speakers to amplify and to throw block parties in the crime and poverty-stricken African American communities of the Bronx, New York around the early 70s. Hip-Hop is about expressing oneself by improvising any activity considered as creative, imaginative for any medium or an expression. About 50 years passed, and Hip-Hop exposed in all corners of the world, how much the culture evolved shows in these videos which features some of the best the culture has to offer, today.

B-Boys

DJ

Modern day graffiti

MC

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015

btw Conway's face is like that because he was shot several times in the head, leaving his face paralyzed w/ Bell's Palsy. He had to re learn how to rap and basically talks/raps from the side of his face, changed his flow completely

Last edited:

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Scratch - A feature-length documentary film about hip-hop DJing, otherwise known as turntablism.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
seriously listen to the beat and overall vibe of the song I posted

Griselda records is doing what many thought was dead in hiphop.. they are taking it back to the old days but reinventing shit too.. true grimy shit

this too

andddd this

I DARE you to post something grimier made in the current era

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Style Wars (1983) - Documentary about the Graffiti Artists in Bronx

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Freestyle: The Art of Rhyme (this one is really good but hard to find a free full video)

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015

"smokin shatter in a raw cone, bottom of the 5th shattering your jaw bone, i sent a package to your broad home/mailed the drugs, she signed for 500 lbs for a pair of UGGs" GOODBYE

andddd I'm done. Hope someone else who digs the old shit as much as me checked this out.. It's all I've been listening to

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
I feel like the art and craft of hip hop is not represented in the mainstream anymore. Now you can just scream GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG over and over, or come up with a dance like Soulja Boy, and suddenly you're a rap star.

I miss the real MC's!