General Hit with one hell of an ice storm last night

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
No power or internet since 2am. Just got cell service back about 30 min ago.

Temp inside the house is 62 deg lol.

Oct 24, 2015
Damn that sucks bro. Glad I’m in this for another week and a half.

If you get cold just look at this and rest assured that I’m getting stoned.

Also take care my dude.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Same. No power this morning so I had to get ready for work using the light of one of my camping lanterns. It took me 15 minutes to get into my truck. Fucker was covered in 1/4" of ice.

I could hear branches breaking from the weight of the ice all night long. The trees look pretty cool with all that ice though.

Oct 24, 2015
Ice storms are always hauntingly beautiful but can be destructive as well.
We get a lot in Kansas. There cool and all when your shit is working but if it isn’t

Have power on us go several times. Fucken sucks. Worse when it happens at work. Wife got stuck at Sam’s once while I was stuck at work. Good thing that community over there is nice and mostly get along.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Now it's fucking snowing.

No offense Mother Nature, but it's not even Thanksgiving yet. You're kind of being a bitch.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Same. No power this morning so I had to get ready for work using the light of one of my camping lanterns. It took me 15 minutes to get into my truck. Fucker was covered in 1/4" of ice.

I could hear branches breaking from the weight of the ice all night long. The trees look pretty cool with all that ice though.
Plenty of trees down in our subdivision. I’ve got about 1/4 of woods behind my house and I could hear trees cracking back there too.

M

member 3289

My wife and I are thinking of taking a road trip to Minneapolis next month so we can hopefully experience our first white Christmas.

Will I need to put new tires on my car?

Lamont Cranston

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Now it's fucking snowing.

No offense Mother Nature, but it's not even Thanksgiving yet. You're kind of being a bitch.
This is why we have Thanksgiving early in Canada.

Too much of a chance we have snow if we wait.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
My wife and I are thinking of taking a road trip to Minneapolis next month so we can hopefully experience our first white Christmas.

Will I need to put new tires on my car?
Minnesota in December?
Just bring some tire chains. Should look great on your Prius.

M

member 3289

Minnesota in December?
Just bring some tire chains. Should look great on your Prius.
If I see snow before that well prob just stop there as long as it isn't some shithole city like Cincinnati.

But Minneapolis has the highest chance of any major US city of having a white Christmas.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
What the fuck are tire chains

I'm from Florida
They are chains that go around your tires. Improves traction.

Up north they have areas on the side of the road where you can pull off to put them on / take them off. In some places it's mandatory to have them on.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
If I see snow before that well prob just stop there as long as it isn't some shithole city like Cincinnati.

But Minneapolis has the highest chance of any major US city of having a white Christmas.
You best not cut through Cincy on your way up. We don't need any non-snow driving idiots up here. But if you do, let me know. You can buy me a beer after I pull your Prius out of a ditch.

Minnesota is like Canada. It's basically covered in snow from November to March.