General Hockey fight ends with superman punch

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #ASSBLOODS
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Hockey is stupid. They blatantly allow fighting and then pretend it's taboo and punish people.

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
Hockey is stupid. They blatantly allow fighting and then pretend it's taboo and punish people.
You are from England so you know nothing about hockey. Go watch your flopping soccer players and shut it.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
There is no sport that exists with a higher degree of difficulty than Ice Hockey. Most all sports involve running or walking and that we have been doing since we were about 2. Now learn to skate, and use a stick with a puck and do it all as smoothly as you would walking or running.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
There is no sport that exists with a higher degree of difficulty than Ice Hockey. Most all sports involve running or walking and that we have been doing since we were about 2. Now learn to skate, and use a stick with a puck and do it all as smoothly as you would walking or running.
Completely not what I was getting at.

I think it's silly that they pretend like they are against the fights when it's clearly encouraged and allowed. It's part of the spectacle . One small notch above scripted wrestling matches

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015

I think it's silly that they pretend like they are against the fights when it's clearly encouraged and allowed. It's part of the spectacle . One small notch above scripted wrestling matches
Who pretends? Hockey players, fans, announcers, head honchos all love it and boast about it. Its all about the tradition they say lol.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Who pretends? Hockey players, fans, announcers, head honchos all love it and boast about it. Its all about the tradition they say lol.
Well fuck it they should cut out the shitty part and just have boxing on ice

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015

It's always been a huge part but I think they don't glamorize it as much anymore because of the whole CTE thing.

Jan 21, 2015
The stupidest thing about hockey fights is that most of the time they KEEP THEIR FUCKING HELMETS/VISORS on.

Most of the time, they duck their heads and punch away, bare knuckle on helmet, basically smashing their hands up and not doing anything. And when they have visors its even dumber. They may as well be trying to punch the goalie in his teeth through his mask

I don't watch hockey much anymore but I remember when I was younger when a scrap would break they would both toss their gloves AND helmets off, that is the honorable and sensible way to be a savage

was a great punch though indeed.

The scariest part I guess is smacking your head on the ice after getting dropped. Maybe keep those helmets on after all then.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
It's always been a huge part but I think they don't glamorize it as much anymore because of the whole CTE thing.

At least they dont hit each other with sticks anymore lol. Now if we get into a fight in mens league we get suspended for like 3 games.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
The stupidest thing about hockey fights is that most of the time they KEEP THEIR FUCKING HELMETS/VISORS on.

Most of the time, they duck their heads and punch away, bare knuckle on helmet, basically smashing their hands up and not doing anything. And when they have visors its even dumber. They may as well be trying to punch the goalie in his teeth through his mask

I don't watch hockey much anymore but I remember when I was younger when a scrap would break they would both toss their gloves AND helmets off, that is the honorable and sensible way to be a savage
Usually that would happen but yes for some reason some do leave their helmets on lol BUT these guys smash each others faces in no matter what.

Jan 21, 2015
The other good thing about Hockey Fights is it makes the relative scale of soccer player rolling on the ground like crying babies look that much worse

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Unfortunately back in 2013 they made a rule that you can't take your helmet off before a fight. So if you take your helmet off not only are you going to the box, a teammate will have to join you and your team will be shorthanded for 2 minutes.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Unfortunately back in 2013 they made a rule that you can't take your helmet off before a fight. So if you take your helmet off not only are you going to the box, a teammate will have to join you and your team will be shorthanded for 2 minutes.
See how stupid this is. If it were a legit sport the accused should be put in a wagon and charged with assault. And then the NHL ban him

Forever.

But they won't because they secretly hope this shit happens.

Jan 21, 2015
Yeah I always love how the commentators/announcers get all hyped off it and call it like is was just another exciting play, lol

no biggie

Canada eh