Holloway vs Edgar verbally agreed to

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

So how exactly is doing something Edgar couldn't do on two separate occasions cutting the line?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Ugh. Yeah he probably deserves it based on merit, but I don’t wanna see this shit again.

Shorinji

Intergalactic Destroyer of Souls
Oct 25, 2015
YES!! Very happy to see Frankie get his shot. Another great fight to look forward to..

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Alex Volkanovski: Granting Frankie Edgar a title shot is ‘just a sympathy thing’

“Listen, I got a lot of respect and I love the bloke as well, Frankie. I am a big fan of him. I feel bad him taking that risk and losing,” Volkanovski said (transcript via MMA Mania).“But like I’ve been saying all week, why do we call it a risk? If you were going to fight and lose and still get the title, then it’s not really a risk. But it is a risk and you took the risk and you’re a legend for that.
I’m now the number one contender, it’s a no-brainer. If they do get Frankie, it’s just a sympathy thing. Is that really how business should work? You know I am all about the good guys, but sometimes we get put to the back of the line because we are too nice.”

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
I love Frankie but for fucks sake, he just keeps getting title shots and losing.

“the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results“

He beat cub over a year ago. How does that deserve a title shot?

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
I love Frankie but for fucks sake, he just keeps getting title shots and losing.

“the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results“

He beat cub over a year ago. How does that deserve a title shot?
This^
Just like Urijah Faber...

M

member 3289

I’m not basing the qualification on how they fared against Aldo. Outside of his last 3 fights, Volkanovski hasn’t ever beaten anyone notable.
1. 3 fights, especially 3 dominant wins, with the last one being against the #1 ranked guy in the division, are enough to warrant a title shot.

2. Frankie is 3-2 in his last 5 fights.

3. Frankie's last fight was over a year ago. Volkanovski has fought 3 times since then, winning every time.

4. Volkanovski is 7-0 in the UFC while Frankie has lost his last 3 title fights.

Frankie does not deserve this title shot more than Alexander Volkanovski.

I get that you're a Frankie Edgar fan, but you're letting your fanaticism get in the way of logic.

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
1. 3 fights, especially 3 dominant wins, with the last one being against the #1 ranked guy in the division, are enough to warrant a title shot.

3. Frankie's last fight was over a year ago. Volkanovski has fought 3 times since then, winning every time.

4. Volkanovski is 7-0 in the UFC while Frankie has lost his last 3 title fights.

I get that you're a Frankie Edgar fan, but you're letting your fanaticism get in the way of logic.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Insanity yet consistent insanity.

People could look for some logic in this but the main factor is that the UFC just doesn't give a shit about anything any more.

Sean Shelby/Mick Maynard probably heard Frankie complain in the media, just like Stipe, and just forgot about Volkanovski.

The lesson for fighters is what you say in the media is far more important than what you do in the cage. Volkanovski needs to complain loudly now, and not entertain taking any fight whatsoever, even if it takes a year, until they give him the next shot afterwards.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018

SCADA

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
Good fight...I might have to drive up to Edmonton for that one.