Holly Holm...Stop trashing Ronda Rousey

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Rousey burned her manager.

Rousey was not sportsmanlike towards many opponents.

The UFC created hype so great it hid Olympic talent.

Ronda remains a talent and an amazing athlete. She is getting blowback for both her own actions as well as those of the UFC. It's not all fair, but I get it. Hope we can move forward to a new determined Rousey in a new camp soon.

Ronda remains a talent and an amazing athlete. She is getting blowback for both her own actions as well as those of the UFC. It's not all fair, but I get it. Hope we can move forward to a new determined Rousey in a new camp soon.

Yes Sir

People should really stop the hating on any fighter...They put their ass on the line...Maybe she will grow from this and act a bit more humble.

Anyway...Back to the hate gifs...Carry on.:tearsofjoy:

Tyler Durden

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise
Oct 25, 2015
I been wondering today how Ronda's psyche is handling this backlash. Did she know this amount of vitriol would happen when she lost? Did she think she was universally loved? Did getting messages from people like Barbara Walter convince her she was revered? Does she come back with determination and humility? Does he go full heel? How will her comeback story play?

I been wondering today how Ronda's psyche is handling this backlash. Did she know this amount of vitriol would happen when she lost? Did she think she was universally loved? Did getting messages from people like Barbara Walter convince her she was revered? Does she come back with determination and humility? Does he go full heel? How will her comeback story play?

Buddy....I look forward to seeing how it goes.

Great reply.

Malice

Oct 20, 2015
I think we are just tired of the worn out WWE marketing approach by 90% of the current MMA fighters.

Holly is the kinda champ I like.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
I think she is pretty aware that she is polarizing. And embraces that too, when it fits her.

However, I think she sees herself as a good person, or more so even, she thinks her own shit doesn't stink. So maybe the amount will be baffling for her. If she looks at all the crap anyhow. If I were around her right now, I'd not have her let internet-access.

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015

1. We dont know all the details.

2. Meisha and Betch. 2 of them.. this weekend was a wash IMO due to holly putting her hands on Ronda and that making her go nutso.. She has been cordial to all her opponents who were cordial with her IE; Cat zingano, sarah kaufman, liz carmouche, alexis davis etc..

the rest I agree with. I hope she smartens up and goes to CSW.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
She hasn't seemed to respect opposing opinions before, and appeared to be surrounded by people who justified all her actions. Life was perfect when she was on top of the world, as media was running away with everything she said and making a story about it. She was constantly in the right in her mind, because fuck you - that's why. She was even told to drop weight for a commercial or photo shoot, and she decided since she was the shoot/commercial, and she'd come in as heavy as she wanted. She was a complete hypocrite on too many occassions to remember (mayweather woman beater, yet dates travis, talks about having as much sex as possible before fights, tells the girls in tuf not to be sluts, bashed nude photo shoots, then does a few herself, talked about other people's personal lives, but they can't do it to her etc...) and wasn't really ever called out, at least publically. Now that she is no longer unbeatable/will beat cain/the best fighter on the planet, she will have to deal with quite a bit of that backlash. Then again, when asked the questions she doesn't like, she may just hang up the phone...again. As tough as she is in certain areas, she is equally weak in others.

Papi....I don't really care either way...I have my own shit to deal with so no animosity here but what do you do for a living?

I ask because I am sure you have really good experience in one or more areas and have been judgmental to people you see as not as experienced as you a few times in your life.

I imagine you have a few holes in your life too no?

We all do.

In closing...Don't be the guy who throws stones when he probably lives in a glass house....You seem too invested with your anger.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
this weekend was a wash IMO due to holly putting her hands on Ronda and that making her go nutso.

People are still buying into the fake bullshit in which Ronda pulled holly into her?

Dawg...

Watch any of the slow mo versions. Ronda moves essentially a left hook into Holly's arm dragging hollys arm down and forward. There was nothing from holm except rigidity in response to manufactured crap.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Papi....I don't really care either way...I have my own shit to deal with so no animosity here but what do you do for a living?

I ask because I am sure you have really good experience in one or more areas and have been judgmental to people you see as not as experienced as you a few times in your life.

We all do.

In closing...Don't be the guy who throws stones when he probably lives in a glass house....You seem too invested with your anger.
I am in residential real estate. That said, I don't know what my line of work, or rhonda's line of work have to do with what i posted. I was adding to what some others have stated and/or questions they had. Perhaps I could have kept it short without sighting examples. I certainly wasn't trying to come off as angry, as everything I said is laughable (rhonda's actions are funny to me), at least from an observer's viewpoint.

I am in residential real estate. That said, I don't know what my line of work, or rhonda's line of work have to do with what i posted. I was adding to what some others have stated and/or questions they had. Perhaps I could have kept it short without sighting examples. I certainly wasn't trying to come off as angry, as everything I said is laughable (rhonda's actions are funny to me), at least from an observer's viewpoint.
Thanks for the response mate.

I genuinely appreciate it and don't want an argument... I agree with some of your points..But nude photos shoots?

Not quite or I would have remembered... My wank bank is vast....Anyway...Your way too civil to argue with....My point was we are all twats in one way or another...She just can't escape the hype put on her...Well now she can...Holly is doing an amazing job ATM of acting humble...I really hope the UFC let her be herself.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
She hasn't seemed to respect opposing opinions before, and appeared to be surrounded by people who justified all her actions. Life was perfect when she was on top of the world, as media was running away with everything she said and making a story about it. She was constantly in the right in her mind, because fuck you - that's why. She was even told to drop weight for a commercial or photo shoot, and she decided since she was the shoot/commercial, and she'd come in as heavy as she wanted. She was a complete hypocrite on too many occassions to remember (mayweather woman beater, yet dates travis, talks about having as much sex as possible before fights, tells the girls in tuf not to be sluts, bashed nude photo shoots, then does a few herself, talked about other people's personal lives, but they can't do it to her etc...) and wasn't really ever called out, at least publically. Now that she is no longer unbeatable/will beat cain/the best fighter on the planet, she will have to deal with quite a bit of that backlash. Then again, when asked the questions she doesn't like, she may just hang up the phone...again. As tough as she is in certain areas, she is equally weak in others.
I am so glad my 20s wasn't/isn't in the public eye.

M

member 3289

Ben Fowlkes put in best in this week's Trading Shots

As for the somewhat mean-spirited nature of the gloating, Rousey brought some of that on herself. As I mentioned in my mailbag this week, empathy isn’t exactly Rousey’s thing.

Danny, this is a person who was recently seen gleefully mocking “gritty, kitty,” um, women, when they criticized her bad sex advice. This is someone who revealed that she burned Floyd Mayweather on TV not because he is a serial abuser of women, but because he pretended not to know who she was.

Her pre-fight attitude toward Holm, who was nothing but courteous to Rousey at every turn, gave us a glimpse of a champion who was an excellent fighter, but maybe not a particularly nice person. When that person gets kicked in the face by the humble, soft-spoken challenger, some people are bound to take that as Greek myth-style righteous comeuppance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015

We all do.

I think he made some good points. In fact, I think he just pointed out some facts. Ronda has been a very polarizing figure in the world of MMA due to her volatile nature. She's inspired many, as much as she has outraged others. In her fighting she was determined and talented, while emotionally a little less superior. And while that is ok, there is the factor that Ronda was at times blatantly childish and unsportsman/womanlike. Now that she has fallen, and the yes men around her have scattered like roaches, she naturally faces the concequences of her demeanor.

And I think that we all have our flaws, but that shouldn't be a barrier to discuss these kind of things. It's what makes forums as this. We judge some, and admire other athletes whether we are reasonable or not, and most of us try to do so respectfully.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
I am so glad my 20s wasn't/isn't in the public eye.
I'll drink to that. So happy Youtube didn't exist. The good old days when all you had was a mixtape, to aid you in communicating the feelings you had for a girl.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Honda seems like a nice enough person IRL but her refusal to touch gloves with Holly and the mean mug didnt help when she got exposed. Cant act like the Diaz bros without getting the Diaz bros treatment. Its good she got exposed, i cant wait to hear Marinas excuses now since she couldnt even admit Honda would lose to Cain.

ejlarson

I like chicken
Jul 4, 2015
Honda seems like a nice enough person IRL but her refusal to touch gloves with Holly and the mean mug didnt help when she got exposed. Cant act like the Diaz bros without getting the Diaz bros treatment. Its good she got exposed, i cant wait to hear Marinas excuses now since she couldnt even admit Honda would lose to Cain.
All of that. Marina is a lost cause though. She'll grow up eventually.