Holly Holm vs. Bethe Correia expected to headline UFC Singapore

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Having failed to capture the inaugural UFC women’s featherweight title, Holly Holm is returning to the bantamweight division, where she was once champion. MMA Fighting’s Guilherme Cruz reported on Tuesday that Holm is slated to headline UFC Singapore on Saturday, June 17th against one-time 135 lbs title challenger Bethe Correia. UFC officials have not formally announced the matchup for this event, which will stream live on UFC Fight Pass.

Holm (10-3) is seeking to end her three-fight losing skid, which started with the loss of her UFC title to Miesha Tate at UFC 196 last March. She then lost a unanimous decision to Valentina Shevchenko in the UFC on FOX…

Holm vs. Correia expected to headline UFC Singapore

C

Ceiling Fan

How underwhelming. I guess I get it, she's on a three fight skid, but I can't imagine there being too many fighters that have been on 3+ fight losing streaks that have headlined a card.

To my data!

How underwhelming. I guess I get it, she's on a three fight skid, but I can't imagine there being too many fighters that have been on 3+ fight losing streaks that have headlined a card.

To my data!
Gimme your data m8

Btw...I agree...I'm just to lazy to search data.

:)

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Cut the roster to 200 or so, only the best should be in the UFC

Bring back something like Strikeforce Challengers so the lower tier can battle it out to earn a spot on the big show

Keep WMMA in Invicta and co-promote only title fights if there's enough interest

Bethe in a main event of any kind is hilarious

distant1

Feb 13, 2017
all bethe has to do is make holly lead, when holly leads she is beyond awful; what makes holly effective is her length and athleticism and ability to manage dist when being pressed.

when u make her lead, her porous def and one not striking gets exposed....bethe is one of the better counterpunchers in women's mma (possibly in mma in regards to timing, and variation); she will attack the head and the body, i would suggest she counter actively to the body. It is the easiest target to hit...and then come over the top..before returning to the body. Miesha had holly shook off counters and bethe is much more accurate, aggressive and consistent w/counters.

bethe is as strong as holly and comparably effective in the clinch....with the caveat she is better at getting takedowns..and holly is awful on the ground..defensively and offensively...and her wrestling isnt much better.

holly can win she is the more athletic dynamic and mobile striker; the issue is can bethe make her lead if she does its holly's ass

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
WMG trying to capture some WMMA fans in Asia? Not a great headliner to do so, but they are trying. Should have done a fight involving Waterson

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
all bethe has to do is make holly lead, when holly leads she is beyond awful; what makes holly effective is her length and athleticism and ability to manage dist when being pressed.

when u make her lead, her porous def and one not striking gets exposed....bethe is one of the better counterpunchers in women's mma (possibly in mma in regards to timing, and variation); she will attack the head and the body, i would suggest she counter actively to the body. It is the easiest target to hit...and then come over the top..before returning to the body. Miesha had holly shook off counters and bethe is much more accurate, aggressive and consistent w/counters.

bethe is as strong as holly and comparably effective in the clinch....with the caveat she is better at getting takedowns..and holly is awful on the ground..defensively and offensively...and her wrestling isnt much better.

holly can win she is the more athletic dynamic and mobile striker; the issue is can bethe make her lead if she does its holly's ass
I'm going to need some strong examples to support this statement.

"bethe is one of the better counterpunchers in women's mma (possibly in mma in regards to timing and variation"

Gifs, video, pictures, specific fight time stamped....I don't see this at all.

WEWEREONABREAK

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Headline?

Why is this fight even in the UFC? Should be in Invicta.

No offense, I'm sure they're nice people and work hard.