Hollywood star Chris Pratt blown away by Bellator 200’s ‘MVP’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Hollywood actor Chris Pratt, who has a background in wrestling, was blown away by Michael Page’s performance at Bellator 200.

Known to Marvel fans as ‘Starlord’, Hollywood actor Chris Pratt was one of the stars in attendance at last Friday’s Bellator 200 event at the SSE Arena in Wembley, England, and the Avengers: Infinity War protagonist was left dazzled by Michael ‘Venom’ Page’s masterclass performance in the co-main event.

Page, an outrageously eccentric and technical striker from the London Shootfighters fight team, taunted and teased opponent David Rickels before ending the fight with a crushing right hand in the second round.

Rickels, 29, was chasing ‘MVP’s’ shadow for the majority of the contest and had decided enough was enough in the second round, verbally signalling to…

Hollywood star Chris Pratt was ringside for Bellator 200, and he was blown away by ‘MVP’

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
MVP could be a huge star if he can keep winning and is promoted correctly. He’s Anderson Silva with even more personality.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
He’s tough to hit but does he meet up with a beast of a wrestler and just get eaten alive?

Why don’t they try him against Fitch?

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
Did Rickels give a reason for saying No Mas? I assumed that right hand broke his orbital, but I didn't hear anything later.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Was gonna post this yesterday.
Yahoo of all places.
Lookout now that ESPN's contracted with UFC, there'll be no Bellator coverage.

Great story, cool dude.
I beat him up when he was little, so basically, I kicked Starlord's ass.
I'm more of a Thor kinda guy.

From comicbook.com....

"Black Panther star Letitia Wright may have let an Avengers 4 spoiler slip in a recent interview.

The young actress who plays Shuri in the Marvel Cinematic Universe was recently asked who she most enjoyed working with behind-the-scenes of Avengers: Infinity War. Her answer, however, was a co-star who she never shared the set or screen with in the first half of the two-part Thanos saga. “Chris Pratt was genuinely a great person," Wright said at a London Comic Con. "He would like give me bible scriptures out of nowhere and then do a dance and leave. He’s great. I love Chris Pratt."

"Of course, if this is a slip in reference to having worked together in Avengers 4, it not only implies that Shuri survived Thanos' finger snap to wipe out half of the universe at the end of Avengers: Infinity War. It also means that Pratt's Star-Lord, who was wiped away from existence by Thanos' efforts, will be revived in some way and share the screen with Shuri.

However, before anyone jumps to too strong of a conclusion, it is also likely that Wright had several experiences with Pratt (and other cast members who she may not have worked with on set) during press events or other work for Avengers: Infinity War. The ensemble film required more than 30 actors to travel the world and promote its release, where Wright and Pratt probably had more than a few encounters.

Of course, Star-Lord's revival would be in line with Sebastian Stan's comments, which implied his Winter Soldier character and Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury would be coming back for the fourth Avengers movie. "There was one scene, I think, we had where everybody was there," Stan said. "I can’t really talk about that scene, but I knew it took them three months in planning this scene to have everyone there…You look around and you just saw everyone from Samuel L. Jackson to Michael Douglas to Michelle Pfeiffer. Everybody was there."

More good exposure for Coker & co.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Well that punch came from the Infinity Gauntlet, so .....

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Steroid free Silva*
Only similarity I see is a preference to counter strike. Even then Silva has shown he's willing to move forward much more than mvp. I mean MVP is 13-0 and Silva had a 16 fight title reign plus 20KOs. The level of competition faced is a world apart too.

TheEmperorRises

Dec 4, 2015
Only similarity I see is a preference to counter strike. Even then Silva has shown he's willing to move forward much more than mvp. I mean MVP is 13-0 and Silva had a 16 fight title reign plus 20KOs. The level of competition faced is a world apart too.
Of course Anderson has a better record- he's 43 and at the end of his career.

Comparatively at the same age Venom is now, Anderson was 18-4 and had just debuted in the UFC and beaten Chris Leben.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Of course Anderson has a better record- he's 43 and at the end of his career.

Comparatively at the same age Venom is now, Anderson was 18-4 and had just debuted in the UFC and beaten Chris Leben.
Fair point but it's also why I think the comparison is way off.

TheEmperorRises

Dec 4, 2015
All Silva said there is he's very good. C'mon son, mvp ain't no Silva. Have him fight some legit killers and best them back to back to back while holding a title living in the Matrix then we'll revisit this.
Silva didn't completely dismiss the idea, which is saying something.

I agree he's not there YET.

All I'm saying is he definitely has the skill and charisma to be the next Silva, eventually.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
All Silva said there is he's very good. C'mon son, mvp ain't no Silva. Have him fight some legit killers and best them back to back to back while holding a title living in the Matrix then we'll revisit this.
Let's be honest. Anderson didn't beat much on his way to that win streak. Vitor, Franklin (2x), Hendo, Maia and not much else.

Last edited: