Holm asks Miesha Tate for rematch

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

UFC president Dana White seems set on newly crowned women's bantamweight champion Miesha Tate facing Ronda Rousey next, but even Tate isn't really sure.

Tate told ESPN's The Dan Le Batard Show Wednesday that nothing with Rousey is set in stone.

"I don't know if [the Rousey fight] is even confirmed yet," Tate said. "I know everyone is so excited and everyone wants to know what's next, but for me in this moment, I can't get ahead of myself. As far as the next matchup, I still have to talk to my management and the UFC and nothing has been confirmed. I don't really know what's next. There are a lot of tough girls in this division and I don't know when I'd be fighting next or anything."

That's music to the ears of Holm, who wants to fight again as soon as possible.

"I'm doing fine. I'm healthy, I'm good. I could train tomorrow," Holm told JacksonWink Raw. "As far as my heart, I'm heartbroken. It's a sour ending to UFC 196 but I'm ready to get back.

"I want a rematch. Miesha's been around a long time. She's a tough champion so I'm sure she'll want to take the fight so let's do it. I gave you a shot, give me a shot. I'm not going to let you choke me out again."

LINK: Morning Report: Holly Holm asks Miesha Tate for rematch, 'I'm not going to let you choke me out again'

M

member 3289

If Ronda isn't ready to return by October/November like the goof said, Holm vs Tate 2 is the fight to make. Holm arguably would have won that fight on points had she not gotten reckless trying to fight off the sub.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Holm is probably gonna get the Aldo treatment since Bald Fuckface doesn't like her manager...

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
It was a great fight- greatest ever at Women's Bantemweight. I'd love to see it again, but you know Dana would probably rather cancel UFC 200 than have it without Ronda.

Last edited:

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Holm is probably gonna get the Aldo treatment since Bald Fuckface doesn't like her manager...
i agree, i think it should be the champion that has the say, it seems they allow Conor to decide so why cant Meisha decide