holy shit covington, are you sure?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
just rewatched the immortal fight. colby has 'colby' as a first name. some cunt called colby is going to beat this savage lunatic? no he isn't. he is not cut from the same cloth as Rory. he not ready for war; he in big trouble. Lawler by crush/smash/destroy

It depends on how Lawler decides to fight.
If he offers little in way of telegraphs and reads then I like his chances to beat down Colby. If he goes into predictable combos and offers little variation then it'll provide the nerd with a way to game the fight.

Star-Lord

Saving the Universe one Fight at a Time
Amateur Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Gonna be a hell of a scrap. I like both these guys and I'm staying away from this fight moneywise with a 10 foot pole.

Twelve Twenty Four

Jan 21, 2016
Rooting for Ruthless; not a fan of Colby's personality at all - he will probably win this fight though, as long as Ruthless isn't too strong for him, otherwise........gon be a long muthafucking night for Kid Boomerang.

Looks like we need to give Colby more credit. I figured he would do something like that but not so bloody effectively.
Oh well, ya gotta respect him for being able to do that.

M

member 3289

just rewatched the immortal fight. colby has 'colby' as a first name. some cunt called colby is going to beat this savage lunatic? no he isn't. he is not cut from the same cloth as Rory. he not ready for war; he in big trouble. Lawler by crush/smash/destroy

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Colby is a legit fighter, don't get me wrong, but where some guys are in the gym working on striking technique, some are working on jiu jitsu, some are working on wrestling, Colby seems to be substituting technical classes and instead focus's on his physical aspect, strength and conditioning.

I know they are all part of fighting, and Colby can obviously be successful with his style, but for me, it's not aesthetically pleasing. His style is to take away the technical aspect of fighting and instead rely on physical conditioning. I don't like that. I'd rather see a Nick Diaz technical type of fighter who wins fights with his technical skills on the feet and on the ground.

Anyone else feel the same?

Colby is a legit fighter, don't get me wrong, but where some guys are in the gym working on striking technique, some are working on jiu jitsu, some are working on wrestling, Colby seems to be substituting technical classes and instead focus's on his physical aspect, strength and conditioning.

I know they are all part of fighting, and Colby can obviously be successful with his style, but for me, it's not aesthetically pleasing. His style is to take away the technical aspect of fighting and instead rely on physical conditioning. I don't like that. I'd rather see a Nick Diaz technical type of fighter who wins fights with his technical skills on the feet and on the ground.

Anyone else feel the same?
Yeah, as I was watching the fight I was thinking, he's spamming attacks (not mindlessly of course).

Last edited by a moderator:

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
Colby’s striking has gotten a lot better over the years. He works hard on it I assure you. Good to see Coach Mocco in his corner. My sons wrestling coach.

Poleeko

Feb 14, 2017
A lot for takedowns with holding around the neck from behind but not trying to finish.