holy shit covington, are you sure?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
for sure some technique in colby's attack
he throws at 60% or so but that shit is coming non stop and fairly crisp

I wanna call it pitter pat but it does hurt opponents and keep them on the defensive

Last edited:

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Colby is a legit fighter, don't get me wrong, but where some guys are in the gym working on striking technique, some are working on jiu jitsu, some are working on wrestling, Colby seems to be substituting technical classes and instead focus's on his physical aspect, strength and conditioning.

I know they are all part of fighting, and Colby can obviously be successful with his style, but for me, it's not aesthetically pleasing. His style is to take away the technical aspect of fighting and instead rely on physical conditioning. I don't like that. I'd rather see a Nick Diaz technical type of fighter who wins fights with his technical skills on the feet and on the ground.

Anyone else feel the same?
Colby threw 600 punches to Lawlers 150. He outboxed Lawler

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
As for Colbys Matt Hughes comment it was cringeworthy till you remember Matt likes to smack his wife around.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
A lot for takedowns with holding around the neck from behind but not trying to finish.
he never even really had the neck either . he had a face crusher position but didnt really do anything with ti

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
I think very few people would disagree that it's despicable to make comments like that towards anyone dealing with similar injuries. but it does seem that many are comfortable with them being directed at Matt Hughes, like the shittiness on both sides cancels itself out.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
You're missing the point.
Not really, no.

Also, here are Hughes thoughts on it:

“Not sure if Colby Covington should have used my accident as fuel for his post-fight trash talk, but that was one heck of a fight. Nice win for American Top Team, and Robbie Lawler always puts on a good fight. Reminder though, this is the fighting world. People trash talk and you gotta have thick skin.” Hughes wrote on Instagram.

Not really, no.

Also, here are Hughes thoughts on it:
Yes, you're totally and missing the point, and I would argue intentionally.
Hughes or someone who types for him being the bigger man doesn't further your argument.
I know it bothers you that someone can have a different opinion than you but you'll just have to accept it.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Yes, you're totally and missing the point, and I would argue intentionally.
Hughes or someone who types for him being the bigger man doesn't further your argument.
I know it bothers you that someone can have a different opinion than you but you'll just have to accept it.
People having different opinions from me, doesn't bother me in the least assuming they're informed opinions.

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
oh actually I had better edit my post in case he gets upset again. how do you edit a post? seriously, help me out here guys.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
Off topic, as we're supposed to be talking about Matt Hughes' karmic GPS coordinates, but oh well.

I gotta say, Robbie's face looked a lot more banged up than I thought it would be. A mask of purple welts and scrapes. Mostly from superficial grazing or light strikes, but it's clear he took quite a few of those. Colby did a remarkable job mixing it up and keeping Robbie from loading up or landing anything discombobulating enough to set up a left finisher.

I know a match with Usman is supposed to be a boring fight, but if they do fight I think it will be first class entertainment. Usman should be able to thwack Colby's legs with low kicks and if he lands successfully a couple of times, he can follow it up with some hard strikes, as he tends to do. If that happens, Colby might rage out into sick anger mode, with game plans and measured action thrown out the window. Then it'll be personal for both guys.