Home Studio

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
Reorganized my tiny apartment home studio set up today. Looking forward to when we buy a house and I can use a bit more space.

Any one else have any little home recording set ups?

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
This is all I have right now. Using Guitar Rig 5 until I can find a small practice amp. We just got news of a new addition to the family and will have to move to somewhere bigger, So I'm going to look for something with a small office that I can make into a little home studio.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
That looks awesome. Post your recording gear if you don't mind. I have a 4 track from the 90s somewhere in the basement, but my guess is that technology has improved a little bit.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
This is all I have right now. Using Guitar Rig 5 until I can find a small practice amp. We just got news of a new addition to the family and will have to move to somewhere bigger, So I'm going to look for something with a small office that I can make into a little home studio.

Congrats on the child man. I love being a dad!

Also great guitar and having a home set up to do home demos on or write and send ideas to people long distance is super fun and rewarding.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
That looks awesome. Post your recording gear if you don't mind. I have a 4 track from the 90s somewhere in the basement, but my guess is that technology has improved a little bit.
Haha yea a long way since 4 track. Give me some time and I'll catalog what I have.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
Ok here's the gear breakdown

m-audio oxygen 25 midi controller
I use primarily for adding midi drums, but have used to add strings and synth stuff on a few songs. I don't know much about piano so I typically write that stuff on guitar and transfer it over.

The mics I use when I have occasion to. Senhieser vocal mic, ev vocal mic (works great on acoustic) and a condenser mic.

Pedal board I use for both bass and guitar.
Line 6 M9 stompbox modeler (insanely versatile), Kliq chromatic tuner, and a mxr m80 bass d.i. which has a real decent distortion on it.

My bass amp. SVT 3 pro rack mounted with a tuner and a power conditioner.

Cab is a Marshall 4 x 10

Guitars I have an seagull acoustic, an old Squire bullet strat I tore down and rebuilt, and a hondo acoustic bass I was gifted.

The strat I gave to a buddy forever ago and he stripped it down, got it back and decided to do a full makeover on it. Nothing special but decent for tracking demos.

And of course the crown jewel of my gear. A Rickenbacker 4003 my wife saved up and bought my for my birthday this year. My dream bass

P

Punch

Congrats on the kid homie! :D

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
For some reason the pic won't upload but the computer I use is just my surface pro 3. The software I track with is presonus's studio one 3, and I have a 2 channel behringer umc 202 hd interface.

When my band still all lived in the same city we had a fairly decent studio set up to do pre production in. This is kinda the hodge lodge left over for home tracking.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Thanks Kingtony87 @Kingtony87! Appreciate you throwing that up here. I've been thinking about getting back into recording but I've been out so long I have no idea where to start.

I have a Seagull acoustic as well. It's a 12 string. Love that guitar.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
Thanks Kingtony87 @Kingtony87! Appreciate you throwing that up here. I've been thinking about getting back into recording but I've been out so long I have no idea where to start.

I have a Seagull acoustic as well. It's a 12 string. Love that guitar.
Seagulls pack some serious bang for their buck. Great tone.

Also recording has never been easier, am you really need is a half way decent computer, a decent interface, and a daw (tracking software). All of which are relatively cheap these days. Plus there's tons of great tutorials online.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Ok here's the gear breakdown

m-audio oxygen 25 midi controller
I use primarily for adding midi drums, but have used to add strings and synth stuff on a few songs. I don't know much about piano so I typically write that stuff on guitar and transfer it over.

The mics I use when I have occasion to. Senhieser vocal mic, ev vocal mic (works great on acoustic) and a condenser mic.

Pedal board I use for both bass and guitar.
Line 6 M9 stompbox modeler (insanely versatile), Kliq chromatic tuner, and a mxr m80 bass d.i. which has a real decent distortion on it.

My bass amp. SVT 3 pro rack mounted with a tuner and a power conditioner.

Cab is a Marshall 4 x 10

Guitars I have an seagull acoustic, an old Squire bullet strat I tore down and rebuilt, and a hondo acoustic bass I was gifted.

The strat I gave to a buddy forever ago and he stripped it down, got it back and decided to do a full makeover on it. Nothing special but decent for tracking demos.

And of course the crown jewel of my gear. A Rickenbacker 4003 my wife saved up and bought my for my birthday this year. My dream bass
Awesome stuff. I love my Seagull S6. My dream is a Gibson ES-335, but it will be a while before I allow myself to even consider getting it lol. Still a ton to learn. Here's my son on the Epiphone Dot...

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Awesome stuff. I love my Seagull S6. My dream is a Gibson ES-335, but it will be a while before I allow myself to even consider getting it lol. Still a ton to learn. Here's my son on the Epiphone Dot...

Awesome!

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016

Those 335's are beautiful.

I'd of never bought a brand new rick for myself. Hard to justify when I had really good gear for half the price. I was completely blown away when my wife surprised me with it. And I absolutely love it.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Those 335's are beautiful
Also totally agree with this. I've been doing some research as I am wanting to buy my first electric soon, and the 335's are high on my wish list. I love the feel of the Gibson/Epiphone compared to a Fender Strat. Although, I kind of really want a Tele :)

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
Also totally agree with this. I've been doing some research as I am wanting to buy my first electric soon, and the 335's are high on my wish list. I love the feel of the Gibson/Epiphone compared to a Fender Strat. Although, I kind of really want a Tele :)
I think when I buy a big boy electric eventually I'll get a Reverend.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Yea i got a few buddies that own one. Gorgeous sound.
Cool, thanks man. I'm going to see if anywhere in town sells them so I can play one.

I'm trying to let it happen organically, which means I've been dinking around with different guitars to see what I like. Hoping that some day all find "the one" that I have to have.

I've been playing for a long time, but only acoustic. I feel totally out of my element with electrics. There is so much that controls the tone (pick ups, amp, pedals, etc.). It's been fun to research though, and I look forward to experimenting.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
Cool, thanks man. I'm going to see if anywhere in town sells them so I can play one.

I'm trying to let it happen organically, which means I've been dinking around with different guitars to see what I like. Hoping that some day all find "the one" that I have to have.

I've been playing for a long time, but only acoustic. I feel totally out of my element with electrics. There is so much that controls the tone (pick ups, amp, pedals, etc.). It's been fun to research though, and I look forward to experimenting.
I hear thst, I'm way more proficient on a bass then I am on guitar and have almost exclusively played them acoustic. But as the bands I've been in have wound down and I want to continue writing have had to transition somewhat to messing around with electric. It's one of the reasons I absolutely love that line 6 m9 so much. There's like 100 different pedals on there I can play around with and figure out what sounds decent.