Home Studio

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
This is all I have right now. Using Guitar Rig 5 until I can find a small practice amp. We just got news of a new addition to the family and will have to move to somewhere bigger, So I'm going to look for something with a small office that I can make into a little home studio.

That is a gorgeous guitar. I would love to be able to put the money down on this beauty.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
That include the interface or no?
I don't think so. I'd need an irig or something to run from guitar to computer. Those look to be about $100.

Amplitube has what looks like 30+ amp variations, a ton of stomp boxes, and I believe 8 available tracks with crazy recording options.

I'm frickin clueless when it comes to this software stuff.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
I'd need an irig or something to run from guitar to computer. Those look to be about $100.

Amplitube has what looks like 30+ amp variations, a ton of stomp boxes, and I believe 8 available tracks with crazy recording options.

I'm frickin clueless when it comes to this software stuff.
This is my set up at home. Has a few less options for guitar modeling but still has a dozen or soo amps and a good assortment of pedals. As far as studio software goes it gives you all eve plug in need for mixing, compression, and all kinds of stuff. Comes with a really large amount of midi instruments as well to add drums or piano or horns and shit to your tracks.

Studio One | PreSonus

Here's my interface.

Behringer UMC204HD 2x4 24-B/192 kHz USB Interface

I can definitely swear by these

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Hauler @Alco Hauler

I do alot of audio production work. it started out as a hobby, and it's now a minor source of my income. the people who make the tools the audio industry use LOVE DRM. IK multimedia for example, puts a 5 install limit on their products. what happens when u hit that 5 limit? they will give you more activations of course!...for the low price of 59.99! what a rip off! being charged more, to use products I paid quite alot of money for (in my case, over $150 from them). even worse, Ableton has been known to deny more activations...on software that costs over $500!!! thats INSANE!
the only reason I have not preordered Rebellion (DRM) » Forum Post by chrisbulman

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Oh. Well I'm looking to buy so that shouldn't be a problem.

I'm not good enough on a comp to steal shit without getting a virus. Haha.
I would never suggest that. Just giving you a heads up. The amp modeling itself works really well.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
What DAW are you using Hauler @Alco Hauler?
The only thing I have is a 4 track from the 90s. :)

I've been playing mostly acoustic for the last 15 years, but I want to dust off the electric but I don't feel like lugging my solid state CRATE amp all over the place so I'm looking at software. I literally have nothing right now.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
The only thing I have is a 4 track from the 90s. :)

I've been playing mostly acoustic for the last 15 years, but I want to dust off the electric but I don't feel like lugging my solid state CRATE amp all over the place so I'm looking at software. I literally have nothing right now.
Get one of these...

View: https://www.amazon.com/Focusrite-Scarlett-Generation-Interface-Extended/dp/B01H4W34WW/ref=sr_1_5?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1492888405&sr=1-5&keywords=focusrite+scarlett+2i2

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I've been using Pro Tools since I studied it in college, but it's really expensive to maintain the license. My second favorite DAW is Nuendo. Not sure what that's going for these days.