Lifestyle Homosexuality - born that way or choice?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Homosexuality - born that way OR a choice?

• Born that way

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • Choice

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Choice for Women but not Men

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Choice for Men but not Women

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OP is gay

Votes: 9 23.1%

• Total voters

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
I'm not homosexual and I doubt anyone who is would take the path of MOST resistence as a choice. I do wonder where the "gay accent" comes from, though.

maurice

Posting Machine
Oct 21, 2015
Born that way, but it's a continuum with totally gay on one end to totally straight on the other. Pretty much no women are totally straight, tho, which explains why it seems like a choice for them. They've actually done scientific studies on this. All women are at least a little bit turned on by other women.

The notion that being gay is 100% choice seems to have disappeared, but it used to be pretty common. Always seemed obviously false to me. I mean, I couldn't choose to be gay and certainly didn't choose to be attracted to crazy little brunettes with nice eyes and big asses.

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
Can be any.
There's probably a small percentage that have a gene defection and were born that way.
There's probably a few that had deep psychological trauma when they were young that scrambled their wires and left then confused.
And there's now an ever growing percentage that do it by choice because the brainwashing propaganda machine seems to be making it the trendy way to get attention these days.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Can be any.
There's probably a small percentage that have a gene defection and were born that way.
There's probably a few that had deep psychological trauma when they were young that scrambled their wires and left then confused.
And there's now an ever growing percentage that do it by choice because the brainwashing propaganda machine seems to be making it the trendy way to get attention these days.
I was about to type this. Now I don't have to.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I have no idea...it all confuses me

This lil black kid I grew up with was clearly gay and had a gay voice and acted like a lil girl instead of dude at age 7 or so...Even then I knew Clark was different...Hope he is doing well.

Seems to me that media/movies/tv are pushing more gayness(for lack of a better term)...I speculate that some want to be what they see in media so they go gay.

Probably the answer lies in the gray/gay area in-between black and white.

:)

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I'm pretty sure that for every straight person pretending to be gay, there's at least one gay person pretending to be straight. Which always made the "Hollywood makes it cool to be gay" concept funny to me.

Nemo?

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dec 2, 2015
By choice and born that way.

Don't really care.

If you are gay then enjoy yourself...if you aren't then enjoy yourself.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
Born that way. I know because sometimes I think that if it was a choice that I'd choose to be gay.

Not because I want to feel the sensation of having something up my butt, but I just think dealing with dudes would be way easier then dealing with women's bs sometimes haha

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
This topic has been the easiest online argument to win against homophobes.

"I don't like gay people"

"They can't help it, being gay isn't a choice"

"Yes it is"

"I can't choose to be gay, I find cocks repulsive. But if you feel you could choose to be attracted to other men, I won't judge"

"FU!!!"

Mishima Zaibatsu

TMMAC’s resident musician
Feb 27, 2016
I'm not homosexual and I doubt anyone who is would take the path of MOST resistence as a choice. I do wonder where the "gay accent" comes from, though.
My thoughts aswell.

Why would anyone decide to just choose one day "You know, I know it'll probably mean my family will disown me, my peers will think I'm an abomination and want to either verbally or physically abuse me, society in general(especially religious society) will think less of me etc etc, but, I think I'd like to put a dick in my mouth".

No ones ever given a reasonable explanation for this.

Doesn't sound like an appealing trade-off too me, lol. Unless, ofcourse, it's NOT a choice, which is what I think and it's just in someone's nature and they can't deny it. No more than I or any other straight person can deny their attraction too the opposite sex.

My two cents on the gay accent is rather simple: higher levels of estrogen.

It mostly seems like the gay voice is accompanied by other very feminine characteristics, like, extremely thin builds, effeminate mannerisms, etc.

When you see gay men like this, it's rather impossible for me to imagine them really having a choice with being a masculine heterosexual man.

That said, I'm aware there are very masculine gay men and effeminate straight men out there aswell, but "the gay voice" usually comes with other very feminine characteristics and this seems to be in the majority.

stielar

Posting Machine
Dec 30, 2015
I think, like any other personality trait, someone can be a) born a homosexual b)turn into one unwillingly at a later stage of their life or c)turn into one as a conscious choice.

Examples for each case
a) Obvious
b) Athletes who abused steroids and they developed huge hormonal imbalances.
c) Contemporary guys and girls who at some point in their life go too much into fashion / pop culture and they consider it a "cool" thing to be different.

I think gay people should not be mistreated or abused but I also think the push the gay agenda gets by msm and the liberal side is sickening. That's why I applaud Russia's ban on gay propaganda, especially towards children.