IMG/GIF Honestly, I dropped a nugget and I'm not even there.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
aldo looks like he's going to burn his corpse after he takes his head off. that's a scary look on a man that can do it.

Stillmatic

Posting Machine
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I think Aldo is delirious from lack of sleep, thinking he can intimidate Conor.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I wonder if it gets meaner ever time they have do this...Bet it does...Aldo is going to try and decapitate ol Conor..I love the build up...hope conor brings half the shit he's talking cuz if so we got a All time great fight in the making..

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
anybody know how Aldo got that gnarly scar on his face...my gf argues its a snitch scar...I told her they just kill snitches over there...Any ideas?

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
anybody know how Aldo got that gnarly scar on his face...my gf argues its a snitch scar...I told her they just kill snitches over there...Any ideas?
Burn scar from when his sister knocked a bbq ontop of him as a kid. At least that is the official story, but that could easily be a cover for something more sinister.

Stillmatic

Posting Machine
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I knew a dude in college, it happened to his hand as a child. They took skin off his butt cheeks. Looks just like Aldo's face.

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
My first thought was Conor got into his head with all of those "I can see the fear in your eyes," and "the eyes never lie," comments. Now Aldo is really concentrating on delivering a new message with his eyes.......kind of like when we have to concentrate intensely on holding the perfect smile for a photo, it's so easy over smile, or not smile enough, and it can so easily detract from the result we strive for if we veer to far on one side or the other of that ideal photo smile. Aldo is close, but he has not quite perfected his delivery and it's because Conor is all up in his head the entire time, lol!

That's my take, and I really, really like Aldo, but I am also quite pleased with McGregor blowing some new life and excitement into the sport, and doing so under that handsome Irish flag to boot! These are very good times indeed!

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
If Aldo's smart, he'll focus on leg kicks in this fight. If McGregor is smart, he's already started training leg checks.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
If Aldo's smart, he'll focus on leg kicks in this fight. If McGregor is smart, he's already started training leg checks.
Not saying the fighter was even close to being as skilled as Aldo, but in one of his early fights McGregor checked a kick and broke a guys leg.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
With two high profile guys both very dominant I bet they've been watching tape and game planning for quite some time now. I really want Jose to win this one as I think the eventual rematch would be better in that order. If Color loses I think he'll have some awesome fights with aallllllllll the guys we all wanted him to face before this match was announced.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Not saying the fighter was even close to being as skilled as Aldo, but in one of his early fights McGregor checked a kick and broke a guys leg.
I heard Conor say this but unlike most of what I hear him say, I question if this really happened. Leg checks breaking legs is pretty rare and when it happens I'm usually up on it. Not saying it didnt' happen, but I'd like to confirm it by just Conor saying it happened, ya know?

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
I heard Conor say this but unlike most of what I hear him say, I question if this really happened. Leg checks breaking legs is pretty rare and when it happens I'm usually up on it. Not saying it didnt' happen, but I'd like to confirm it by just Conor saying it happened, ya know?

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
well, that video is certainly legit. That's an obvious leg kick check and obvious pain because of it. But what was that guy doing kicking conor right on his knee? Surely we can all agree that was equally the offensive fighter's fault as it was Conor checking it-right?

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
well, that video is certainly legit. That's an obvious leg kick check and obvious pain because of it. But what was that guy doing kicking conor right on his knee? Surely we can all agree that was equally the offensive fighter's fault as it was Conor checking it-right?
Inside leg kicks often miss and hit the knee since it is such a small movement to change the angle of the leg or a slight raise.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
The worst physical pain I've ever had is when I broke my femur in a freak soccer incident at 12yrs old.. I was never mentally able to play the same in that particular sport. It's for that reason and that reason only that the only thing I fear in mma, is leg kicks. Slammed=ok, hit by punch or kick or shin to the face=ok, being submitted=ok. Having my leg kicked=not okay.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
One time during one of the few mma training sessions I did, KNOWING that a leg kick was coming from my opponent, I still had a hard time checking it-and I KNEW it was coming. I imagine if I was fighting a pro who purposely disguised the kick that he for sure would land.