Hoping Conor vs Dustin will be a Real Fight

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016
Yes I know, crazy dumb conspiracy post warning

But Dustin is standing in the way of the biggest money making fight in UFC history: khabib vs conor 2

Conor vs Cowboy looked a little weird.

What's stopping Dustin from being paid a couple million to take a dive so the UFC can gain over a 100 million in profit with a conor vs khabib 2 fight card?

M

member 3289

Dustin is going to get starched in the first round again, but it won't have anything to do with a conspiracy. Conor is just a terrible style matchup for Dustin.

M

member 3289

What's stopping Dustin from being paid a couple million to take a dive so the UFC can gain over a 100 million in profit with a conor vs khabib 2 fight card?
The fact that Khabib probably won't take another fight vs Conor.

The money might be too much to turn down, but then again Khabib has built a brand for himself. Of course the Conor rematch is the best payday, but Khabib will make money no matter who he fights.

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016
The fact that Khabib probably won't take another fight vs Conor.

The money might be too much to turn down, but then again Khabib has built a brand for himself. Of course the Conor rematch is the best payday, but Khabib will make money no matter who he fights.
The thing is that Khabib said he was open to it depending on who impresses him this Saturday.

That sounds like the fight is very likely if Conor wins in spectacular fashion.

At the end of the day, you're looking at khabib vs conor 2 being the biggest selling fight in UFC history.

M

member 3289

The thing is that Khabib said he was open to it depending on who impresses him this Saturday.
This was Dana's interpretation after he promised a huge announcement live on ABC. Who knows what Khabib actually said.

I know it's a huge fight, I just have a feeling that Khabib won't take it out of his genuine disdain for Conor.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

That sounds like the fight is very likely if Conor wins in spectacular fashion.

At the end of the day, you're looking at khabib vs conor 2 being the biggest selling fight in UFC history.
Did you see how big Khabib was looking in that interview during today's event?

He looked to be near 200...Dude is in shape and huge.

I want to see the Conor Khabib rematch...but we need a crowd for that.

Conor looks focused and well trained to me...still in his prime.

I really like Dustin, really good guy and talented.

Conor's KO wins are so slick, as an MMA fan I can't root against his style on the feet.

I think Conor wins this one again...1/5 chance dustin can break him on the feet with gas and chin

As for a fix?
Makes sense no doubt money wise.

I can't see Dustin going for it unless somebody leveraged something precious to him to make him throw it.
I have heard him talk for a few hours or so on podcasts now and I believe him to be the type to not risk legacy for $$$.

I think this will be on the level 100%

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016
Did you see how big Khabib was looking in that interview during today's event?

He looked to be near 200...Dude is in shape and huge.

I want to see the Conor Khabib rematch...but we need a crowd for that.

Conor looks focused and well trained to me...still in his prime.

I really like Dustin, really good guy and talented.

Conor's KO wins are so slick, as an MMA fan I can't root against his style on the feet.

I think Conor wins this one again...1/5 chance dustin can break him on the feet with gas and chin

As for a fix?
Makes sense no doubt money wise.

I can't see Dustin going for it unless somebody leveraged something precious to him to make him throw it.
I have heard him talk for a few hours or so on podcasts now and I believe him to be the type to not risk legacy for $$$.

I think this will be on the level 100%
I really hope so man, that's all I want. A real fight.

I mean seeing how dustin and conor both improved so much since their fight, this rematch is so interesting on paper.

Dustin has been killing it a lot more than Conor has lately, and they both performed similarly to khabib.

Conor lasted longer than Dustin did, but he also got hit with a lot more shots.

God damn MMA Gods, just make this a real fight.

On a side note, do you think Conor vs Cowboy was a real fight?

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Yes I know, crazy dumb conspiracy post warning

But Dustin is standing in the way of the biggest money making fight in UFC history: khabib vs conor 2

Conor vs Cowboy looked a little weird.

conor fights make money regardless of tbe opposition. not equal amounts, I get that. conor vs khabib 2 would be huge. but regardless, conor vs anybody is also going to be huge, relatively speaking

(1) so they wouldn't jeapordize conors reoccuring cash-cow value for the sake of that one particular fight

(2) and they wouldn't jeopardize the value of their business as a whole by cheating so blatantly

and (3) both conor and dustin, like every man, live by a code. although a theoretical number may exist for each of them (or at least for Dustin since conor already has more money than he needs) I do not think that there is a viable number available to pay either of them (based off the incremental gain available from a definitive conor vs khabib 2) that is enough to entice either of these warriors to break their own warrior codes

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016
conor fights make money regardless of tbe opposition. not equal amounts, I get that. conor vs khabib 2 would be huge. but regardless, conor vs anybody is also going to be huge, relatively speaking

(1) so they wouldn't jeapordize conors reoccuring cash-cow value for the sake of that one particular fight

(2) and they wouldn't jeopardize the value of their business as a whole by cheating so blatantly

and (3) both conor and dustin, like every man, live by a code. although a theoretical number may exist for each of them (or at least for Dustin since conor already has more money than he needs) I do not think that there is a viable number available to pay either of them (based off the incremental gain available from a definitive conor vs khabib 2) that is enough to entice either of these warriors to break their own warrior codes
You make some valid points

But I think there is a viable number to be honest. When someone is offered 10 million dollars under the table, that's life changing money, and these guys already proved that they're warriors throughout their career. Now they just want to make sure they retire comfortably and send all their kids to college.

Also, khabib vs conor 1 did 2.4 million buys. Khabib vs conor rematch can do 3 million IMO because Khabib's star power has gone way up since that fight and conor's star power has stayed the same.

UFC can easily afford to offer 5-10 mil to Dustin to take a dive if they wanted to

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
You make some valid points

But I think there is a viable number to be honest. When someone is offered 10 million dollars under the table, that's life changing money, and these guys already proved that they're warriors throughout their career. Now they just want to make sure they retire comfortably and send all their kids to college.

Also, khabib vs conor 1 did 2.4 million buys. Khabib vs conor rematch can do 3 million IMO because Khabib's star power has gone way up since that fight and conor's star power has stayed the same.

UFC can easily afford to offer 5-10 mil to Dustin to take a dive if they wanted to
i hear ya. but do you believe that they would think it is worth the risk?

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Potentially over 100 million in profit? Yeah I do!

Cowboy vs Conor looked weird too, before then I didn't think anything about this fight fixing BS
my instinct when first watching cowboy was that it was weird. but I no longer think that was a fix

he got kicked in the head lol