Hot Wheels Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Anyone else in here into / collect Hot Wheels?

I am far from a collector but my son is currently obsessed with Hot Wheels trucks.

When I am in a store who sells Hot Wheels, I have got into habit of picking through the Hot Wheels and Match Box offerings. I soon realized there were 'treasure hunts' and super treasure hunts released randomly in each box. I found my first treasure hunt yesterday (2022 Pixel Shaker - HW Ride-Ons) while out scanning the new dollar store in our area for what they had on display.

The deeper you get the more you realize how deep some people get into 'collecting' Hot Wheels. Youtube is a rabbit hole of videos/collectors/info.

The boy only likes the realistic looking vehicles so the fantasy shit is a no go. He has an extensive truck collection, jeep collection and then tons o' cars that he half ass cares about. I stopped in Toys R us the other day and it was 2 other 40+ dudes picking through the hot wheels display, no kids :sweatsmile:.

Some of his current faves:

1646194890686.png

1646194925802.png

1646194943772.png

1646194961170.png

Gandpa made him a Hot Wheels shelf which he has quickly ran out of space on..a couple more trailers are needed as this doesnt even fit all the trucks and construction vehicles (Suko is the quality brand for construction vehicles!1646195190281.jpeg

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I’m in the same boat. Both my kids are really into them right now. They each got a giant playset for Xmas.

I’m by no means a collector but I do find myself stopping any time I pass by displays too.

However as a collector of comics I am aware of the Hot Wheels collector community.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
Todays newest additions.

The boy wasn’t all that impressed as there were no trucks.

A couple Hondas and a bogzilla

Little fucker doesn’t realize he has 80% of this seasons trucks so they are getting hard to find. Need to check out some thrift shop toy sections for older trucks.

4DF90995-F8CA-4679-9D10-1C71DA4CC40A.jpeg

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
Four years ago, I would have had a lot more to say on this. My son, at almost 11, still checks the Hot Wheels section when we're out at the stores, but he rarely finds anything of interest and actually complained to me this weekend that the cost of Hot Wheels has gone up significantly (I just looked at him like "what?!").
I don't know if there has been a resurgence or what, but I have seen a lot of adults collecting them lately.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Four years ago, I would have had a lot more to say on this. My son, at almost 11, still checks the Hot Wheels section when we're out at the stores, but he rarely finds anything of interest and actually complained to me this weekend that the cost of Hot Wheels has gone up significantly (I just looked at him like "what?!").
I don't know if there has been a resurgence or what, but I have seen a lot of adults collecting them lately.
Lol at him complaining about rising costs

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
T
A buck fifty Canadian at the dollar stores here. Two bucks most other places.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I’m in the same boat. Both my kids are really into them right now. They each got a giant playset for Xmas.

I’m by no means a collector but I do find myself stopping any time I pass by displays too.

However as a collector of comics I am aware of the Hot Wheels collector community.
I may or may not have 100s of 1/64 scale cars.

GO BIG RED!!!

last 100
Oct 17, 2015
grandson is just over a yr old. babysat him a few weeks ago all day and he pretty much doesnt even acknowledge my existence. played with a few plastic cars all day. couldnt find 1 hotwheel in the house. i ripped my sons ass. went to the store and bought him some hotwheels. they come by last week and my grandson sees me and blurts out grandpa with 1 of the cars in his hand.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
I missed this thread when it started. I was obsessed with Hot Wheels growing up and reading these comments and seeing the pics brought me right back. Love the nostalgia and seeing the next generations enjoy the toys we grew up with.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
I missed this thread when it started. I was obsessed with Hot Wheels growing up and reading these comments and seeing the pics brought me right back. Love the nostalgia and seeing the next generations enjoy the toys we grew up with.
This is how I feel about my son loving Pokémon as much as I did as a kid.

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Damn, I wish my son was into Hot Wheels. He’s into LEGOs, Pokemon and Star Wars.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
He likes cars and shit, just not Hot Wheels. We went to a Monster Truck show and he loved it. He claims to like girls. Time will tell.
My son just started getting more interested in actual cars... We spent two hours looking at cars yesterday since I’m trying to find all SUVs that come in green. He has five years until he drives but he’s already trying to think about what car he wants. Lol

Girls or boys, though, not so much. Not interested in anything besides as friends. ?