VID Hour long interview w/ Jon Jones - breaks silence

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Say what you want about Ariel but the guy is the best interviewer in the business. I always enjoy his work.

M

member 1013

Oh ok lol, Republic of South Africa. Only people i know who say Bru. That is where i am from.
I thought you might have meant that. I do have family there. I have a South African cousin who told his family he was going camping in the jungle and then disappeared. Then some police came by and said he had killed some Russian gangsters and was now probably dead himself.

That was 10 years ago so I should say I had a South African cousin who did that.

Wildly off topic, sorry.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
I thought you might have meant that. I do have family there. I have a South African cousin who told his family he was going camping in the jungle and then disappeared. Then some police came by and said he had killed some Russian gangsters and was now probably dead himself.

That was 10 years ago so I should say I had a South African cousin who did that.

Wildly off topic, sorry.
Damn!

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Im liking JBJ more and more each day, glad to see he isnt afraid to come out against the zuffa dynasty

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
For those that don't want to watch the entire hour

Said when Lorenzo and Dana came to see him the first time he told them he needed a break and didn't want to fight. Believes that if he told him he would still fight Rumble they would not have suspended him and would have let the fight happen.

Talks about experiencing tunnel vision after he crashed his car. Didn't return back to his vehicle for cash. He was looking for his marijuana pipe, but couldn't find it. When he found out he hit a woman, he feared he was going to spend the rest of his life in prison.

Initially considered retirement and leaving the public eye.

Ariel asks if he considered suicide. Jon says absolutely not.

Says he was seriously addicted to drinking and marijuana, not cocaine. His camp for Gustaffson was when he really went off the rails partying during training camp and was not physically prepared. The fact that he still won that fight only reinforced the idea that he could still continue his reckless lifestyle.

Conor and Ronda reached out to him. Ronda offered to let him stay at her beach house in Cali for awhile if he wanted to get away from everything.

You can tell his demeanor changes when asked about the NSAC. He says he has 3 years to sue them. Seems quite pissed off about the power they have and no one there to check them.

Has not questioned the UFC about the Vitor drug test yet. Appears to be quite pissed off about that. Not sure yet what to do about that, but will be asking the UFC to explain themselves.

He never calls Dana fake. Says Lorenzo and Dana are both businessmen, but says Lorenzo is more genuine and prefers to do business with him.

Talks about how he spent his career trying to be the face of the organization, dressing/talking/acting in a way that he thought he was supposed to instead of being himself. Says he's come to terms with the fact that it's ok to be an imperfect champion.

His business partners have reached out to Mayweather. There is a possibility he will be joining the Money Team.

Says Daniel is a coward for saying he won't fight at MSG. The fact that Daniel is not ready to fight him anywhere shows that he is not capable of beating him.

Thought about heavyweight, but first priority is winning his belt back from Daniel and defending it against Rumble. Believes he is already physically stronger than most heavyweights and it's inevitable that he will be going up to that division.

Ends interview saying he has lived most of his career like an asshole. Asks fans for another chance to prove himself.

Last edited:
M

member 1013

As much as I am not a "fan" in the traditional sense, he is an amazing fighter with potential to be the GOAT; I am super pumped for his return, MMA was missing a vital piece imo.

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
Jones joining the money team confuses me. What does this exactly entail? Training partners? Facilities? Management? What are they going to do for him. They're going to take nice little piece of the pie, but what does he get in return?

Probably a stupid question. What does the money team bring to the table? He's not going to be making 200 million dollar paydays like Floyd, cuz he's not Floyd. Anyone care to speculate?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I havent been a fan in the past, but that interview is a point for Jones in my book.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Looks like a good watch, I'll try to check it out when I have an hour. I only watched the first minute or so just now. He talked about eating right and studying. I'm waiting for the part about blow and hookers. I don't think I will ever become a fan of Jon, the man, but damn Jon the fighter is a monster. He's gonna run through the LHW and HW division.