General How are you celebrating Thanksgiving?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
2020 is so messed up. It has been a shit show at every turn and is proving to be a relentless piece of shit. We are at an all-time high need for family connections and gratitude but COVID risk is spiking in many areas.
How are you and your loved ones handling it?

I’m hosting a small gathering (fuck you Cuomo, I’m not saying how many!). My sister’s crew is coming in from out of state, but they all got COVID tests. My parents are both immuno-compromised so we are all going to wear masks indoors and set them up at their own table in an adjacent room. Basically, we are taking reasonable precautions while still making it work.

How are you handling it?

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
thanks to our V for vendetta style shutdowns in CA I have no idea everything is closing.

Last edited:

The_Rapist_/_Therapist

eye cum bareing tits
Oct 1, 2020
2020 is so messed up. It has been a shit show at every turn and is proving to be a relentless piece of shit. We are at an all-time high need for family connections and gratitude but COVID risk is spiking in many areas.
How are you and your loved ones handling it?

I’m hosting a small gathering (fuck you Cuomo, I’m not saying how many!). My sister’s crew is coming in from out of state, but they all got COVID tests. My parents are both immuno-compromised so we are all going to wear masks indoors and set them up at their own table in an adjacent room. Basically, we are taking reasonable precautions while still making it work.

How are you handling it?
Is Thanksgiving really that important, for all that risk ?

Nobody in your family, said this was unnecessary ?

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
probably won't
covid has messed it up as far as getting together with loved ones

quarantines and all that jazz makes it virtually impossible

sucks because family needs a boost
trying to figure something out

lots of families won't gather...and that is unhealthy

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
We will get tested daily for the next 3 days, everyone will wear masks, we will be seated 15 feet apart and outside.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
We are going to my aunt's. It will warm enough to eat outside, I think. My mom and her bf backed out. Probabaly the only smart ones.

One of my Vegas crew last week, her mom is now in intensive care with covid.

Dick Niaz

Jan 14, 2018

To each their own, but yes, we feel we have limited our risk sufficiently to have a family holiday. Family traditions are very important to us and who knows how many more we will have all together.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
We will be home, just my wife son and I. I am perfectly happy with that.

We were supposed to travel to AZ to visit my wife's parents, brother, and grandfather. We cancelled our plans as things ramped up. Her folks are getting old, and her grandfather is 95. Over the past couple of weeks we know a bunch of people that have got Covid, so it's been hitting closer to home for us. I have had several clients get sick, several friends, my brother's family, and some family of friends all catching it lately. One of my dad's best friends died yesterday of Covid in San Antonio. We have decided to keep the risk low and just stay at home. I just can't see how this holiday season won't be a giant spreader event, and I don't want to be a part of that if we can manage to avoid it. We know several people that are having giant thanksgivings with like 30-40 people :rolleyes:

Y'all stay safe, and healthy.

M

member 3289

1. Both your commas are unnecessary, especially the second one.

2. I take it you're not from the U.S. Thanksgiving is the single most important holiday of the year for Americans. You could argue that Christmas is bigger, and from a financial standpoint it is, but Thanksgiving is the one holiday celebrated by all families, regardless of religion. The holiday is about coming together as a family.

I'm not taking any risks this year. I will be sacrificing family Thanksgiving and Christmas for one year. But I don't fault people like Dick Niaz @Dick Niaz for having small get-togethers. For many, it is worth the risk.

The_Rapist_/_Therapist

eye cum bareing tits
Oct 1, 2020
The commas are necessary.
There are pauses after those commas for emphasis.

When you ramble on, without taking a pause, your words have less meaning.

Family gatherings are important, Thanksgiving is not.

Wait till Covid is under control, and have a family gathering on your own time

Last edited:

Dick Niaz

Jan 14, 2018
The commas are necessary.
There are pauses after those commas for emphasis.

When you ramble on, without taking a pause, your words have less meaning.

Family gatherings are important, Thanksgiving is not.

Wait till Covid is under control, and have a family gathering on your own time
Not that this is the point of the discussion, but my Catholic school grammar teacher is rolling in her grave right now ?

Regarding your point, respectfully, we have all been tested, we are all wearing masks, we are going to social distance inside, the windows will be open/fans on, and I am setting up separate tables for each family to eat at. One of my brothers and his girlfriend are not coming due to their risk tolerance. The rest of us feel we have basically eliminated any risk and therefore feel comfortable celebrating the holiday. Once again, to each their own. This was not supposed to be a thread about right/wrong because that is absolutely subjective, rather just curious what the community members are doing for the day. All the best to you and yours, however people decide to handle it.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
1. Both your commas are unnecessary, especially the second one.

2. I take it you're not from the U.S. Thanksgiving is the single most important holiday of the year for Americans. You could argue that Christmas is bigger, and from a financial standpoint it is, but Thanksgiving is the one holiday celebrated by all families, regardless of religion. The holiday is about coming together as a family.

I'm not taking any risks this year. I will be sacrificing family Thanksgiving and Christmas for one year. But I don't fault people like Dick Niaz @Dick Niaz for having small get-togethers. For many, it is worth the risk.

We're not doing anything.

It's a stupid tradition.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
He's not American. He's still pissed about all the tea we dumped in Boston Harbor.

That was a fucking outrage so we burned the white House down.

It also made us realise what we would actually need to do to own the entire world. Which we did.

So we thank you for you service.

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
Spending it with a small group of the Thuglife fam. After the passing of Momma Thuglife a while back, it's been a much smaller thing sadly. No doubt will gain atleast 5 pounds during the week...