How Can People Still Think It's Not Gonna Happen?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Mishima Zaibatsu

TMMAC’s resident musician
Feb 27, 2016
I dont know if its going to happen or not, but I really dont care for this fight.

I would prefer it didnt happen tbh.

If it does happen im not paying a cent for it.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Let's say the fight has to happen this year, and you must accept prior to the announcement of the fight. If you'd like different terms, give it a shot.

:cheers: What say you?
Sorry dude completely forgot to respond. I'm in, but I have some terms.

Has to happen this year, has to do more than 5 million buys. (5 million or less is a win for me, 500 000 001 or more is a win for you) Fight not happening this year isn't a push, it's a loss for you.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
I say 5 million at the very maximum. More people will be buying this PPV than the PBF-Pacquiao fight, but it won't annihilate the record by any means. PPV parties, where only one broadcast is being paid for, will just be bigger than normal. If you normally have 5 people over for a big fight, you might get 8-10 for this one. The extra interest here won't generate staggeringly larger numbers that the biggest boxing PPV of all time up to the present which grabbed 4.6 million.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
Sorry dude completely forgot to respond. I'm in, but I have some terms.

Has to happen this year, has to do more than 5 million buys. (5 million or less is a win for me, 500 000 001 or more is a win for you) Fight not happening this year isn't a push, it's a loss for you.
The bet was it'll beat Mayweather-Pacquiao. I will accept a 5 million line, but I am not sure how the fight not happening is a loss for me as I didn't include that in my SN bet. I think it's going to happen, but with the hurdles involved I don't feel like it's a fair shake here. You only need one of your predictions to come true for you to win the bet. I would need both of mine to be true. Not an even bet. We need the same amount of outs for it to be even.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
There are no words for how inaccurate this statement is.
Why? Do you think the crossover is that big? I am merely speaking from my personal experience of talking with boxing guys. They know Conor talks, and they know he's Irish. They don't know, and haven't seen, much else. I could be wrong, but I'd like a bit of context aside from the less than subtle snarkiness.

M

member 3289

The whole thing is fucking stupid.

Conor isn't going to beat Floyd in a boxing match. Yes of course Conor beats him in an MMA or even a kickboxing match, but they're not fighting in one of those matches so it's irrelevant.

They're not even doing some kind of hybrid rules match because Floyd would never agree to it. But THAT would make it more interesting. THAT would make me want to watch, and THAT would make me think Conor has a chance of winning.

But THAT isn't happening. If the fight happens it'll be a boxing match and Floyd will win. I'll still watch, but I'd much rather see Conor fight Ferguson, Khabib, Nate, or even Aldo.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
A) Never will happen.
B) If it does, Conor is KO'd in two rounds.

(just covering my bases)

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Why? Do you think the crossover is that big? I am merely speaking from my personal experience of talking with boxing guys. They know Conor talks, and they know he's Irish. They don't know, and haven't seen, much else. I could be wrong, but I'd like a bit of context aside from the less than subtle snarkiness.
Because boxers did it better before Conor existed on this planet. He isn't doing anything new contrary to what people try to convince you of.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
The bet was it'll beat Mayweather-Pacquiao. I will accept a 5 million line, but I am not sure how the fight not happening is a loss for me as I didn't include that in my SN bet. I think it's going to happen, but with the hurdles involved I don't feel like it's a fair shake here. You only need one of your predictions to come true for you to win the bet. I would need both of mine to be true. Not an even bet. We need the same amount of outs for it to be even.
You think it's going to happen? Did you not read your OP? What happened to your confidence?

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
You think it's going to happen? Did you not read your OP? What happened to your confidence?
My confidence persists, you just added a term to the bet and tried to bully me (figure of speech not literal term) into accepting it, and to be honest I'd rather just walk away from this conversation.

I'll take either of those two bets individually, for 4 months SN or $20 PayPal, but I won't accept the terms you laid out. Either we bet that it's going to happen or that it'll go over 5 million.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
The whole thing is fucking stupid.

Conor isn't going to beat Floyd in a boxing match. Yes of course Conor beats him in an MMA or even a kickboxing match, but they're not fighting in one of those matches so it's irrelevant.

They're not even doing some kind of hybrid rules match because Floyd would never agree to it. But THAT would make it more interesting. THAT would make me want to watch, and THAT would make me think Conor has a chance of winning.

But THAT isn't happening. If the fight happens it'll be a boxing match and Floyd will win. I'll still watch, but I'd much rather see Conor fight Ferguson, Khabib, Nate, or even Aldo.
He'll never beat a top 15 guy
He'll never beat a top 10 guy
He'll never beat a top 5 guy
He'll never beat a wrestler
He'll never be Champion
He'll never beat Nate Diaz
He'll never win the lightweight belt

He'll never beat Mayweather in a boxing match
He'll never beat The Undertaker at Wrestlemania

Just saying that a lot of people have been wrong about McGregor many times when they say he'll never do something. Of course, Mayweather is the rightful favourite, but if someone rules it out, completely, then they just haven't been paying attention.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
My confidence persists, you just added a term to the bet and tried to bully me (figure of speech not literal term) into accepting it, and to be honest I'd rather just walk away from this conversation.

I'll take either of those two bets individually, for 4 months SN or $20 PayPal, but I won't accept the terms you laid out. Either we bet that it's going to happen or that it'll go over 5 million.
How about we bet 90 days for each of them?

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
He'll never be Champion

Just saying that a lot of people have been wrong about McGregor many times when they say he'll never do something. Of course, Mayweather is the rightful favourite, but if someone rules it out, completely, then they just haven't been paying attention.
someone asked me about this the other day and i responded similarly. I've basically counted him out in every single one of his last 5 or 6 fights

the power of belief is strong. and the dude believes in himself...

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
He'll never be Champion

I don't remember people saying he wouldn't beat a top 15 or top 10 fighter. A couple other things on there are also up for debate. Besides we all know the true measure is beating Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

M

member 603

We're ruling it out because it's a completely different sport. Just because punching is involved doesn't mean it's the same. I know it's been said ad nauseum, but Conor is NOT a boxer... And he's trying to box the greatest pugilist of all time. Conor drives cars too.... Fast ones.... So he could beat Mario Andretti or Michael Schumacher in a F1 race? He shot a jumper on the floor of Madison Square Garden, so let's have him play 1 on 1 with LeBron. Or if we want to keep it in the realm of combat, go wrestle in the Olympics since he wrestles in MMA, or compete at IBJJF worlds since he's a "brown belt".

I get and respect the man's drive, and his attempts at greatness... But I'd rather see him defend a title in the sport he's a champion in at least once (and stop tying up two divisions).

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
We're ruling it out because it's a completely different sport. Just because punching is involved doesn't mean it's the same. I know it's been said ad nauseum, but Conor is NOT a boxer... And he's trying to box the greatest pugilist of all time. Conor drives cars too.... Fast ones.... So he could beat Mario Andretti or Michael Schumacher in a F1 race? He shot a jumper on the floor of Madison Square Garden, so let's have him play 1 on 1 with LeBron. Or if we want to keep it in the realm of combat, go wrestle in the Olympics since he wrestles in MMA, or compete at IBJJF worlds since he's a "brown belt".

I get and respect the man's drive, and his attempts at greatness... But I'd rather see him defend a title in the sport he's a champion in at least once (and stop tying up two divisions).
Juan Pablo Montoya - Wikipedia

But the comparison doesn't work so well, since the car you are driving plays a large part in winning motor sports.